Democrats, is Kamala right? Is the border secure?

mandate term limits. It's all very simple. just got to end the evil demofks elitist behaviors.
No. Not a solution. Congressional term limits violate the constitution.

The founders set congressional term limits for a good reason.

No. Not a solution. Congressional term limits violate the constitution.

The founders set congressional term limits for a good reason.
nope.

Term limits movement[edit]​

A movement in favor of term limits took hold in the early 1990s, and reached its apex in 1992-94, a period when 17 states enacted term limits through state legislation or state constitutional amendments.[18]

Many of the laws enacted limited terms for both the state legislature and in the state's delegation to Congress; as they pertain to Congress, these laws were struck down as unconstitutional by U.S. Supreme Court in U.S. Term Limits, Inc. v. Thornton (1995), in which the court ruled, on a 5–4 vote, that state governments cannot limit the terms of members of the national government.[18][19]

Where rotation in the legislative branch has withstood court challenges, term limits continue to garner popular support. As of 2002, the advocacy group "U.S. Term Limits" found that in the 17 states where state legislators served in rotation, public support for term limits ranged from 60 to 78 percent.[20]

nope.

Term limits movement[edit]​

A movement in favor of term limits took hold in the early 1990s, and reached its apex in 1992-94, a period when 17 states enacted term limits through state legislation or state constitutional amendments.[18]

Many of the laws enacted limited terms for both the state legislature and in the state's delegation to Congress; as they pertain to Congress, these laws were struck down as unconstitutional by U.S. Supreme Court in U.S. Term Limits, Inc. v. Thornton (1995), in which the court ruled, on a 5–4 vote, that state governments cannot limit the terms of members of the national government.[18][19]

Where rotation in the legislative branch has withstood court challenges, term limits continue to garner popular support. As of 2002, the advocacy group "U.S. Term Limits" found that in the 17 states where state legislators served in rotation, public support for term limits ranged from 60 to 78 percent.[20]
Nope what? Your link validates my statement. Congressional term limits violate the constitution.

Nope what? Your link validates my statement. Congressional term limits violate the constitution.
they weren't included as we all know, it says nothing about it violation constitution. 14 states wouldn't have done it.

they weren't included as we all know, it says nothing about it violation constitution. 14 states wouldn't have done it.
Did you read your own link?

"these laws were struck down as unconstitutional by U.S. Supreme Court in U.S. Term Limits, Inc. v. Thornton (1995), in which the court ruled, on a 5–4 vote, that state governments cannot limit the terms of members of the national government.[18][19]"

Did you read your own link?

"these laws were struck down as unconstitutional by U.S. Supreme Court in U.S. Term Limits, Inc. v. Thornton (1995), in which the court ruled, on a 5–4 vote, that state governments cannot limit the terms of members of the national government.[18][19]"
right, there has to be an amendment. It's what's been proposed in the past. Still trying.

right, there has to be an amendment. It's what's been proposed in the past. Still trying.

They can keep trying but not sure how they get around it. As I stated before, regardless, I don't support congressional term limits. The founders were quite clear.

They can keep trying but not sure how they get around it. As I stated before, regardless, I don't support congressional term limits. The founders were quite clear.
Women didn’t use to vote, or blacks. Would you take a fking look!!

Women didn’t use to vote, or blacks. Would you take a fking look!!
Yeah. It took an amendment. So should congressional term limits.

Despite the wisdom of our founders, you don't support congressional term limits?

Me too. Try reading this from my favorite founder, James Madison in fed paper 53....

"[A] few of the members of Congress will possess superior talents; will by frequent re-elections, become members of long standing; will be thoroughly masters of the public business, and perhaps not unwilling to avail themselves of those advantages. The greater the proportion of new members of Congress, and the less the information of the bulk of the members, the more apt they be to fall into the snares that may be laid before them," wrote Madison."

I am sure china, russia and the middle east would to have a bunch of n00bs in Congress to maneuver around.

Forum List

Back