Does Biden have the authority to secure the border

He took steps to? Does that equate to doing it? Not at all. If it's so easy for Biden to do it, why doesn't the same apply to Trump?
Because Trump was hampered by a hostile Congress, who are all culpable, btw.

When the reckoning comes, they can kiss their primo health insurance and government retirement bye-bye. ;)

They went directly against The Constitution.

Congress is supposed to make laws and treaties, the president is supposed to carry them out. Can he secure the border by himself? Theoretically no if he is executing laws as written by Congress. The problem is that Congress has made such a mess of immigration laws, and everything else, it's impossible to say what they mean anymore, and this is intentional. They pass muddled laws that can be interpreted any way the current regime feels inclined. On top of that are the career bureau managers who write regulations and protocols out their ass as they deem cool, secure in their fiefdoms. Then you have the scotus who have absolutely gone batshit crazy for some reason, Biden can have an impact on immigration, good or bad but the system is driven more by moneyed interests and power centers than any one person. Can Biden start a war? Congress is charged with declaring war, how is that playing out here? Instead of a table with three legs ( checks and balances) start thinking of 1000 "public figures" in a huge circle with each of them pointing to the one on his left.
No.

The president is responsible for foreign policy and has an obligation to uphold The Constitution.

You are right, I think the president is charged with treaties with the consent of congress. Thank you

When the reckoning comes, they can kiss their primo health insurance and government retirement bye-bye. ;)

You see, this is what gets me about you Trump supporters. Y'all claim it's the presidents responsibility to secure the border. And can easily get it done.
But when asked why Trump didn't, y'all have 1,000 excuses.

If the president has the authority to secure the border, it doesn't make a dimes bit of difference what the house has to say about it.

I don't understand why you folks can't see just how much of a failure Trump was.

This is coming from someone who's never voted for a democrat and would never even consider it.

You see, this is what gets me about you Trump supporters. Y'all claim it's the presidents responsibility to secure the border. And can easily get it done.

If the president has the authority to secure the border, it doesn't make a dimes bit of difference what the house has to say about it.

I don't understand why you folks can't see just how much of a failure Trump was.

This is coming from someone who's never voted for a democrat and would never even consider it.
iu

Where does money for things come from in the US government, and have you ever had a Civics class?

How do you defend the total failure that is tearing our country apart? Even Democrats recognize our border is an open door.

2024-01-31%20Trump%20v%20Biden.jpg

Nations%20immigrating.jpg

2023%2010%2006%20%20Terrorist%20contacts-X3.jpg

I can easily defend it.

Despite all your MAGA whining, Biden has done more regarding border protection than Trump has, as my article stated.

Where does money for things come from in the US government, and have you ever had a Civics class?

He spent $8 trillion in just 4 years. And he only vetoed 1 spending bill. He had the money. And for 2 years he had the house and senate.

But he still didn't secure the borders. And all you can do is make up excuses for someone who failed to secure our borders.

I can easily defend it.

Despite all your MAGA whining, Biden has done more regarding border protection than Trump has, as my article stated.

Done more? Not even close. He took a huge dump on "remain in Mexico."

Done more? Not even close. He took a huge dump on "remain in Mexico."
Yes, Biden has done more. As this article explains. --

Republican lawmakers have been holding up aid for Ukraine and Israel for months while seeking concessions on unrelated immigration measures. Yet after Democrats finally cried uncle, House Republicans said oh, just kidding. They don’t want this deal after all!

House Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.) and others now claim Biden doesn’t need new legislation to crack down on the border. Instead, they allege Biden can use his existing authority to reduce immigration by reviving all the executive actions that Trump had put into place.

“If [Biden] wants our conference to view him as a good faith negotiator, he can start with the stroke of a pen,” Johnson said.

There are a few problems with this claim. First, Biden has already issued more than 500 immigration-related executive actions, more than Trump announced over four years, according to the Migration Policy Institute. Biden has arguably exhausted the extent of his presidential authority, and so far his measures haven’t stemmed the tide of border crossings.

Second, if Biden hasn’t revived Trump’s specific policies — as Republicans urge him to do — that’s largely because so many Trump policies were found to be illegal.

Of the 35 major Trump-era immigration agency actions that faced legal challenges, 33 (94 percent) did not survive litigation — that is, either the court ruled against the relevant agency or the agency withdrew the action after being sued. These numbers are from the New York University Institute for Policy Integrity’s regulatory challenge database.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2024/01/30/republicans-immigration-deal-johnson-clueless/

The question was does he have the authority, and I think I addressed that. I disagree with you that the laws are that clear and concise.There are too many people interpreting them in too many ways. Not just the federal laws but the constitution itself is being torn down and rebuilt.
Ask Biden what happened at the border when he canceled 94 Trump EO's dealing with the border and immigration.

He spent $8 trillion in just 4 years. And he only vetoed 1 spending bill. He had the money. And for 2 years he had the house and senate.

But he still didn't secure the borders. And all you can do is make up excuses for someone who failed to secure our borders.
I see that you lie as naturally as breathing. Will keep that in mind.

Again with the excuses. Congress has nothing to do with the executive branch enforcing immigration laws.

Oh, Trump did what he could. And he will do moar! :funnyface:

So then the president doesn't have the authority to secure the border.

The laws and the constitution says different. But you just keep making excuses for Trump. For the next 5 years.
You'd better stock up, because you're going to need a lot of them.

In fact, you'll probably be able to reuse a lot of the ones from his first administration. Like when he signed all those (12) CR's, increased the debt ceiling, signed all but one appropriation bill, assaulted our 2A and tried to give blacks reparations

Last edited:

Never%20argue%20with%20a%20Liar-X2.jpg

2024-01-31%20Trump%20v%20Biden.jpg

Forum List

Back