Democrats in trouble for 2010, Rove article in Wall Street Journal.

irrelevant to the topic at hand....

i guess everytime obama says something, i will just point out where he was wrong in the past and ignore everything he ever says again....

Wtf does Obama have to do with this?

If that's what you want to do, have at it but I didn't say that because Rove was wrong in 2006 that he's wrong about EVERYTHING, did I?

Now ... when you consider that the thread is about what Rove foresees in 2010 it is relevant in that it provides some insight into Rove's last attempt to predict the results of a mid term election.

i guess everytime obama says something, i will just point out where he was wrong in the past and ignore everything he ever says again....

If that's what you want to do, have at it but I didn't say that because Rove was wrong in 2006 that he's wrong about EVERYTHING, did I?

Now ... when you consider that the thread is about what Rove foresees in 2010 it is relevant in that it provides some insight into Rove's last attempt to predict the results of a mid term election.

change obama to any other name you want, doesn't change my point and you know it....

you should inferred as, as you specifically gave his earlier error for the specific reason that, hey, he was wrong before....

since you're so obama sensitive, as i said, everytime person X says something, instead of discussing the issues, i will simply point out where they were wrong before....

change obama to any other name you want, doesn't change my point and you know it....

Your point is wrong, bro.

you should inferred as, as you specifically gave his earlier error for the specific reason that, hey, he was wrong before....

???

I didn't present Karl Rove's 2006 World Series picks as evidence to discredit Rove's word. I presented a raw transcript of the last time he predicted a mid term election. He happened to be very wrong then. I did not say that he's wrong now ... I think the GOP is going to take some seats in 2010 but that's plenty reason to post it and reason to take his predictions this time around with a grain of salt.

since you're so obama sensitive, as i said, everytime person X says something, instead of discussing the issues, i will simply point out where they were wrong before....

Honestly, I don't really know why you are taking a such a stand on this, man ...

You're pretty much saying that anything a person has said or done is the past is irrelevant.

If Tiger Woods told his wife that if she stays with him he wont cheat on her should she believe him?

you really didn't present that to say he is wrong now?

explain the above then....since you didn't offer an explanation for your link to his earlier errors, i made an assumption, i am willing to hear you out.

explain the above then....since you didn't offer an explanation for your link to his earlier errors, i made an assumption, i am willing to hear you out.

It is what it is. A shot at Karl Rove though I see how it comes off now. I could pull up posts of mine over the last few months where I say that I think the Dems are losing seats in 2010. But because of things like 2006 and Rove's reputation for being a shady dude if he told me that the sun was gonna set today I'd have my doubts til I saw it happen.

It is what it is. A shot at Karl Rove though I see how it comes off now. I could pull up posts of mine over the last few months where I say that I think the Dems are losing seats in 2010. But because of things like 2006 and Rove's reputation for being a shady dude if he told me that the sun was gonna set today I'd have my doubts til I saw it happen.

cool

The track record of someone making predictions is not relevant to the value of their future predictions?

Look, Rove made a preposterously wrong prediction on the 2006 election, an election that was relatively easy to predict.

That makes him either an idiot or a liar.

also mastermind of Bush's run for guv.
He represents the dark side of the republican party

Most libs say that, but those same libs would cut off their apendages to have him working on their side...

No kidding they would, he is a brilliant manager for campaigns.

So what you're really saying is that George W. Bush was such a dunce that despite being a Texas oilman, and the Republican son of a former Republican president, the only way he could get elected governor of Texas was with major help from the political miracle worker Karl Rove?

...gee, I almost have to agree with a good portion of that...

Most libs say that, but those same libs would cut off their apendages to have him working on their side...

Probably one of the few things we agree on. When Rove was sucessful any politician would have had to be insane to turn down help from him.

I think Rove is at least partially right here. The GOP will probably pick up seats. They'll bust up the philibuster proof majority for sure. Past that, I don't know. They may take the House or the Senate, but I seriously doubt they'll take both.

However, a word of warning: Rove is a partisan player. He's always going to predict sunshine for the GOP and gloom for the DNC. In 2006 he was telling the press that the DNC wouldn't take Congress because he was using a "different kind of math" than the people predicting the sea change.

Rove's biggest downfall was in believing that the independents would take abuse forever. It was only a matter of time before the Rovian dialect of Compromise=bad and Moderate=Brain Dead led to a major backlash. I doubt the consequences have fully played out. That might moderate the losses for the DNC in 2010.

Last edited:
I'm sure the Democrats will continue to count on that "BOOOOOOOOOOOSSHH AND FOX NOOOOOOOOOZ!!!!" stuff but that wont be enough for them in 2010 & 2012. That tired B.S. has definitely run its course. That tired rhetoric did fool a lot of voters last time around but it's not going to fool them next time around. They just don't have a leg to stand on at this point.

Last edited:
Without "BLAME BOOOOOOOOSSHH!!!" the Democrats just don't have anything to run on. Corzine spent something like $30 Million of his own cash up in New Jersey on countless "BLAME BOOOOOOOSSHH!!" ads and it just didn't add up to anything for him. In fact most people just laughed at him and his sad desperation. I think many Democrats are going to make the same Corzine mistakes in coming elections. They will be laughed out of office just like Corzine was. I guess we'll see though.

I am an Independent/Conservative who currently leans Republican. I do have a lot of problems with the current Republican Party but i also see some positive changes happening. The changes have been very slow in coming but they are beginning to happen. Much more needs to be done though. It will take time.

I am an Independent/Conservative who currently leans Republican. I do have a lot of problems with the current Republican Party but i also see some positive changes happening. The changes have been very slow in coming but they are beginning to happen. Much more needs to be done though. It will take time.

LOL! ROFL!

See now liboc, people like you are the reason why, when other conservative-types claim to be "Independent", no-one believes them.

You, specifically, are a HUGE partisan Republican apologist.

There is no way anyone in any bizarro-reality would ever believe you were anything but a Neo-Con after reading even a small sampling of your posting.

Personally,i'm not big on either party. The Republicans are however making some changes and that's encouraging. It will take more time but the Republicans are slowly but surely getting back to their true Conservative values. They're getting there but they do still have a ways to go.

Forum List

Back