Democrats in trouble for 2010, Rove article in Wall Street Journal.

translation:

i can't refute anything he said, so i will spend more time and energy arguing that i believe he is a hack instead of spending less time and energy discussing his points....

Translation:

I REALLY, REALLY want people to discuss points made by a political hack, so I can help direct the general conversation in the direction I would like it to go.

translation:

i can't actually refute anything he said, so i will just ad hom

No, the translation is: I have no desire at all to read anything written by Karl Rove, as I am absolutely positive, from past experience, that there will be an extreme amount of bias and spin included therein.

I can't even imagine anyone trying to deny that Karl Rove is a master spinner. That's what he DOES. That was his JOB for most of his adult life, and still is.

Well, he has been masterfully CORRECT in his predictions, but I sure would not want to influence what you read or don't read. It's a free country you don't have to read anything and you are allowed to be wrong. :lol:

Democrats in trouble for 2010, Rove article in Wall Street Journal.

Karl Rove?

TURD BLOSSOM???

The same guy who who was predicting rosy things for his party in 2006 and 2008????

Edit: Gotta add this that I just now noticed:

Well, he has been masterfully CORRECT in his predictions, but I sure would not want to influence what you read or don't read. It's a free country you don't have to read anything and you are allowed to be wrong. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
translation:

i can't refute anything he said, so i will spend more time and energy arguing that i believe he is a hack instead of spending less time and energy discussing his points....

Translation:

I REALLY, REALLY want people to discuss points made by a political hack, so I can help direct the general conversation in the direction I would like it to go.

translation:

i'm such a hack that i'm just goign to sit here and repeat ad homs just to prove how right yurt is....

if he is a hack, then it should be easy for you to destroy his points instead of spending so much time solely making ad hom attacks....it actually makes you look like the hack because you can't discuss issues, you can only insult...

congrats

Not for about 5 years he hasn't.

Especially in 2006. Man was he wrong there.

Basically, if you always say one side is going to win, like Rove does, and they win 50% of the time, then you're going to be right a lot of the time... 50% of the time to be exact.

translation:

i'm such a hack that i'm just goign to sit here and repeat ad homs just to prove how right yurt is....

if he is a hack, then it should be easy for you to destroy his points instead of spending so much time solely making ad hom attacks....it actually makes you look like the hack because you can't discuss issues, you can only insult...

congrats

You keep trying to get me to talk about the things Karl Rove wants me to talk about.

Sorry, I'm not gonna go there.

I'll tell you what, why don't YOU make a Rovian point and defend it your own words, and I will argue with you. After all, that is the point of these posting boards.

But I am not going to validate Karl Rove by discussing his spin.

translation:

congrats

You keep trying to get me to talk about the things Karl Rove wants me to talk about.

Sorry, I'm not gonna go there.

I'll tell you what, why don't YOU make a Rovian point and defend it your own words, and I will argue with you. After all, that is the point of these posting boards.

But I am not going to validate Karl Rove by discussing his spin.

lmao.....i'm not going to make a point or discuss the issues, but hey, why don't you do it, that is what these boards are for....

you're such a hack you can't even see your intellectual dishonesty :lol:

lmao.....i'm not going to make a point or discuss the issues, but hey, why don't you do it, that is what these boards are for....

you're such a hack you can't even see your intellectual dishonesty :lol:

ROFL, whatever dude.

I stated, clearly, that if the same article had been written by James Carville (say in the NY Times editorial section), I would have the same reaction.

Both of them are political hacks with extreme biases. I go on these boards to debate with other posters' ideas, not the ideas of some cog in the Republican smear machine.

Think what you want, I could care less what Karl Rove has to say. Everyone in their right mind knows what kind of a person he is.

Apparently you are so deluded that you think a man who has spent his entire life lying for political advantage is worth wasting time over. I am not.

He talks about Senator Bennett in Colorado, he is a sure gonner in 2010. I live here and know full well the anger that is directed at him because I see it and hear everyday. He killed any chance of re-election when he signed the no stimulus stimulus bill without reading it first. Then he gets on CNN and states he will sign a Health care reform bill with a public option. Coloradoans overwhelmingly are opposed to a public option.

Karl Rove: CanRepublicans Retake the Senate in 2010? - WSJ.com

By KARL ROVE
Democrats began the year as masters of the political universe, winning the White House and increasing their majorities in Congress. But the year is ending badly for them. Their top initiative, health care, is deeply unpopular. Congress's approval rating is 26%, Speaker Nancy Pelosi's is 28%, and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid's is an anemic 14%.

Political currents are running against the party of Barack Obama. Democrats now trail Republicans by four points in Gallup's generic ballot poll. In 1994, the year the GOP took control of Congress, it wasn't until March that Republicans took the lead in that poll—and then only by one point and for a short period of time.

With a good environment this election cycle, Republicans have recruited competitive candidates who could turn otherwise close contests into runaway victories, likely defeats into wins or at least close contests that, if things break right, tip to the GOP.

So Rove is giving us his impartial analysis? Is anyone surprised by the results?

What he fails to mention is the horrible year the Republicans had. They lost the Pennsylvania Senate seat. They lost the Minnesota Senate Seat, lost the NY23 seat for the first time in 150 years. They brought forward no major initiatives, have no credible candidates, no funding and are engaged in internal bickering.

Let's all remember that Karl Rove insisted, right to the bitter end, that the Republicans were going to hold the House in the 2006 election.

He has ZERO credibility in this area.

Everyone in the prediction business should keep in mind that the recession is 2 years old, and the historical odds that we will still be in a recession 6, 8, 10 months from now are very slim.

If the economy is in recovery going into the 2010 election, the national mood is not going to bear much resemblance to what it is now or in the recent past.

We are going to do more than just slow this train wreck down, we are going to stop it dead in it's tracks. Let's just hope that his own party slows it down until we can get there in Nov 2010.:clap2::clap2::clap2:

You were there for 8 years and didn't seem to fare too well!!! Why would this time be any different??

Why do you think that the Republicans lost the house and the senate? It's because they abandoned the conservatives that are the base of thier party. I am a fiscal conservative, I don't like big government or the insane spending that goes with it. I don't give a rat's ass who is doing it, Republican or Democrat. I am proud to tell you that I have attended two tea parties and will be attending more in the future.

All right, Maple. Maybe we can have a real conversation. I'd really like to. Tell me, don't the tea bagger folks hate the traditional Republicans, like Newt, and what they stand for?? And the traditional GOP hates the tea baggers back?? That's my understanding anyway.

If that's the case, I don't get it. Aren't the tea baggers all Republicans?? And don't all of the tea baggers vote Republican?? If that's not the case, what party do the tea baggers vote for and with?? It sure ain't gonna be the Dems!!! :lol: It's very confusing to me. Thanks for your input.

Yeah, but he was also that mastermind of that eviiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiil Booooooooooooooooosh's two elections. :lol::lol:

Karl Rove: CanRepublicans Retake the Senate in 2010? - WSJ.com

also mastermind of Bush's run for guv.
He represents the dark side of the republican party

Most libs say that, but those same libs would cut off their apendages to have him working on their side...

:lol::lol:--Yep, I'll even bet that Obama is wishing he had Rove--giving him a few tips--:lol::lol:

You were there for 8 years and didn't seem to fare too well!!! Why would this time be any different??

Why do you think that the Republicans lost the house and the senate? It's because they abandoned the conservatives that are the base of thier party. I am a fiscal conservative, I don't like big government or the insane spending that goes with it. I don't give a rat's ass who is doing it, Republican or Democrat. I am proud to tell you that I have attended two tea parties and will be attending more in the future.

All right, Maple. Maybe we can have a real conversation. I'd really like to. Tell me, don't the tea bagger folks hate the traditional Republicans, like Newt, and what they stand for?? And the traditional GOP hates the tea baggers back?? That's my understanding anyway.

If that's the case, I don't get it. Aren't the tea baggers all Republicans?? And don't all of the tea baggers vote Republican?? If that's not the case, what party do the tea baggers vote for and with?? It sure ain't gonna be the Dems!!! :lol: It's very confusing to me. Thanks for your input.

If you are trying to engage in a discussion, it would help to refer to the protestors correctly - TEA Partyers - not tea baggers. And, generally speaking, they don't 'hate' anyone - they just love the Constitution. Not a bad thing to love - it's the document that founded our nation.... you might want to read it sometime. It's an impressive, short, document - unlike the crap that our congresscritters produce these days.

If you are trying to engage in a discussion, it would help to refer to the protestors correctly - TEA Partyers - not tea baggers. And, generally speaking, they don't 'hate' anyone - they just love the Constitution. Not a bad thing to love - it's the document that founded our nation.... you might want to read it sometime. It's an impressive, short, document - unlike the crap that our congresscritters produce these days.

There you have it folks....Teabaggers and the ACLU with a common love of the Constitution

Why does an out of power political party scare you? You have it all now - all branches...

Barry, Reid and Pelosi should scare you... They scare me because they control the pursestrings... Although, if your "non-partisan" goal is to increase big gubmint and wealth redistribution then maybe they don't scare you...

And that is differnet in what way from when the republicans controlled everything?

I didn't say it was, although as bad as the R's were at spending they didn't see the need to tax the fuck out of us.....

That was then - this is now... The idiots in charge now are the scary ones... Unless that's what you are non-partisanally looking for...

Spend like a drunken sailor and cut your income. A real plan for suckcess.

The same asshole that predicted a permanent GOP majority forever, that went to New Hampshire during the Medicare D debate and told conservative Republicans that they could get on board or he would find candidates to oppose them in their next primaries. That if their voters didn't like it they could lump it, because they had no were else to go.

The straw that broke the camel's back isn't the right analogy for the way I took this news.
More like "All in all, its just another brick in the wall..."

Last edited:

Forum List

Back