Democrats doubt they can even retake the House because of Obama

You're wrong on so many levels, it's hard to know where to start.

A few thousand?
enrollees would receive a fixed payment of, say, $10,000 a year, in cash. If the senior bought a $7,000 plan, he or she could roll the extra $3,000 into a Medical Savings Account to pay for deductibles and co-pays.

The 2012 budget replaces the voucher concept with "premium support payments" -- once again, modeled on the federal employees system -- that the government would pay directly to the insurance plan the enrollee chooses.

So, he models it after a popular government benefits program, and you whine like a little girl about it? :rofl:

Only a coward takes quotes out of context and reverses the order. Here is the full quote from the article ...

In all the Ryan proposals, enrollees in the new regime would use the government's contribution to shop from a broad array of private insurance plans offered by a Medicare exchange. That system is modeled on the highly successful Federal Employee Health Benefits Program, where government workers choose from a wide variety of offerings, from deluxe fee-for-service plans to basic high-deductible programs.

But beyond the basics, the proposal in the budget is starkly different from Ryan's previous plans, a feature that's mainly overlooked by the press and pundits. In the Roadmap for America, Ryan advocated a voucher system. Under that radical proposal, enrollees would receive a fixed payment of, say, $10,000 a year, in cash. If the senior bought a $7,000 plan, he or she could roll the extra $3,000 into a Medical Savings Account to pay for deductibles and co-pays.

The 2012 budget replaces the voucher concept with "premium support payments" -- once again, modeled on the federal employees system -- that the government would pay directly to the insurance plan the enrollee chooses. The seniors wouldn't get to keep any cash that's left over for out-of-pocket expenses.

VERY different from you were trying to pass off. In fact, it's pretty much what I said, which explains why you had to twist the words, because you are completely wrong on this.

Are you insane? Seriously? Are you? I changed nothing. Now you want to whine that they were out of order, so that makes them wrong or somehow different?

'What I was trying to pass off'? You mean by quoting the article exactly? By quoting a direct response to your 'few thousands' comment?

You really ARE stupid, aren't you. And they can't fix that. Shame.

Last edited:
You're wrong in your perception...

Me explaining to you where you're wrong and what is correct beyond reasoning would take a dissertation.

I don't feel like writing a thesis right now only to have a clown refute it for emotional and partisan reasons rather than its content...

So continue to cry us all a river - proceed.

You could have just said you didn't know. That would have been fine.

Are you really that dense?

Explain how gravity works in a few sentences or even a few paragraphs...

The plan is a complicated concept that can't be summed up in 200 small words..

I'm not writing a book of proof just to prove you wrong dummy..

If you want to sit at the adult's table, you need to learn to talk like an adult.

If you want to sit at the adult's table, you need to learn to talk like an adult.

FinalIronyMeter.gif

'What I was trying to pass off'? You mean by quoting the article exactly? By quoting a direct response to your 'few thousands' comment?

But, you didn't quote it exactly. Did you, little man? Lets re-cap, shall we? Here is what you quoted:

A few thousand?
enrollees would receive a fixed payment of, say, $10,000 a year, in cash. If the senior bought a $7,000 plan, he or she could roll the extra $3,000 into a Medical Savings Account to pay for deductibles and co-pays.

The 2012 budget replaces the voucher concept with "premium support payments" -- once again, modeled on the federal employees system -- that the government would pay directly to the insurance plan the enrollee chooses.

In all the Ryan proposals, enrollees in the new regime would use the government's contribution to shop from a broad array of private insurance plans offered by a Medicare exchange. That system is modeled on the highly successful Federal Employee Health Benefits Program, where government workers choose from a wide variety of offerings, from deluxe fee-for-service plans to basic high-deductible programs.

And the ACTUAL paragraphs are this.

But beyond the basics, the proposal in the budget is starkly different from Ryan's previous plans, a feature that's mainly overlooked by the press and pundits. In the Roadmap for America, Ryan advocated a voucher system. Under that radical proposal, enrollees would receive a fixed payment of, say, $10,000 a year, in cash. If the senior bought a $7,000 plan, he or she could roll the extra $3,000 into a Medical Savings Account to pay for deductibles and co-pays.

The 2012 budget replaces the voucher concept with "premium support payments" -- once again, modeled on the federal employees system -- that the government would pay directly to the insurance plan the enrollee chooses. The seniors wouldn't get to keep any cash that's left over for out-of-pocket expenses.

In defense of Paul Ryan's Medicare plan - Term Sheet

You switched the order and left off sentences and parts of sentences all to make your point look valid even though it isn't. That's a cowardly little bitch move.

But, you didn't quote it exactly. Did you, little man? Lets re-cap, shall we? Here is what you quoted:

A few thousand?

And the ACTUAL paragraphs are this.

In defense of Paul Ryan's Medicare plan - Term Sheet

You switched the order and left off sentences and parts of sentences all to make your point look valid even though it isn't. That's a cowardly little bitch move.

whiney little libtard byotch. you don't like the fact I quoted the parts relevant to your comments, making you look even more monumentally stupid than you normally do,so you bitch.

Why should anyone post several paragraphs from a source, when the few sentences that answer your nonsense will do? Because you look stupid? :rofl:

If I say 'the sky is blue and the clouds are white', it's the same as saying 'the clouds are white and the sky is blue'.

Last edited:
Non-issue. The election is a year away. Once voters are reminded that it was the GOP that voted to dissolve Medicare and it was the TP obstruction that lead to the credit downgrade, I think voters will change their minds.

When did the GOP vote to dissolve Medicare? One thing we know for certain: Democrats voted to cut $500 billion from Medicare.

Out of control Democrat spending is what caused Moody to downgrade our credit. Only hardcore Obama drones disagree with that assessment.

Non-issue. The election is a year away. Once voters are reminded that it was the GOP that voted to dissolve Medicare and it was the TP obstruction that lead to the credit downgrade, I think voters will change their minds.

When did the GOP vote to dissolve Medicare? One thing we know for certain: Democrats voted to cut $500 billion from Medicare.

Out of control Democrat spending is what caused Moody to downgrade our credit. Only hardcore Obama drones disagree with that assessment.

'Fix' in DontBeStupid-speak is dissolve.

Why should anyone post several paragraphs from a source, when the few sentences that answer your nonsense will do?

Because when you quoted just those few sentences, you left out the part where that WASN'T EVEN IN THE BUDGET THEY VOTED ON!!

Wow. I thought you were trying to be tricky and all, but you're just dumb.

Yeah... mkay... they'll surely look at the worthless $, credit downgrade, $15,000,000,000,000 of debt, inflation, high energy prices, 9.2% unemployment, record numbers on welfare and food stamps, three wars, Obamacare including slashes to Medicare, tax hikes, etc. and definitely vote "four more years".

Better start making your farewells now...

:lol:

I think half of what you wrote is true and applicable. Maybe. What's funny is some of what you wrote is actually beneficial!

What part is "beneficial?"

I'm dying to hear this.

Just when the economy was starting to really recover the Republicans pulled the debt ceiling stunt.

They fucked us all yet again just to try and hurt Obamas re election chances.

This will be driven home and not forgotten.

You dont reward the people who crashed the world economy and then crashed the recovery by giving them control

The biggest problem will be what it is now: the economy. It will still suck by Nov 2012, too. The current POTUS, when seeking re-election during bad economic times - with maybe one exception - has always gotten kicked out.

The worse the econmy is next year about this time the worse the Republicans can make themselves look and still take back the White House AND the Senate while maintaining control of the House. I'm not saying Obama's 100% guaranteed to lose, either, but that's a hard reality that has be faced.

April of this year. I know that's a long time ago. Paul Ryan's budget was voted on in the House. If signed into law, it would end Medicare as we know it and replace it with coupons called "premium support".

It passed 235-193 with no Democrats voting for it.

That isn't "dissolving" Medicare. That's reforming it.

And, of course, according to Obama drones, cutting $500 billion from Medicare is beneficial to the program, right?

You could have just said you didn't know. That would have been fine.

Are you really that dense?

Explain how gravity works in a few sentences or even a few paragraphs...

The plan is a complicated concept that can't be summed up in 200 small words..

I'm not writing a book of proof just to prove you wrong dummy..

That's funny because I continually destroy the arguments of a Northwestern Professor every Thanksgiving and Christmas, among other social events..

As a matter of fact he's like all progressives - he will get stumped and will turn into a 5-year old...

That transformation is one of the best ever - It shows how juvenile they are... Mr. Intellectual is one minute and batshit crazy 5-year old the next...

You want to see an academic go batshit - tell them you believe in racial segregation (I don't) but you can turn a progressive into a dragon easily..

Fun times with progressive retards........

Progressiveism has to be a mental disorder.

Why should anyone post several paragraphs from a source, when the few sentences that answer your nonsense will do?

Because when you quoted just those few sentences, you left out the part where that WASN'T EVEN IN THE BUDGET THEY VOTED ON!!

Wow. I thought you were trying to be tricky and all, but you're just dumb.

you really are too fucking stupid for words.

This paragraph is about the part that was IN THE BUDGET they voted on...
Your reading comprehension skills appear to need work.

The part in bold simply says that the proposal in the budget is different from his previous plans... and then goes on to give some numbers.

Nothing in here says that the information I used was not in the budget they voted on. It was.

It's with a B and it wasn't stolen. The old Medicare Advantage was a kick back to doctors and hospitals. It reimbursed them at the going rate plus 12% (or was it 14%?). The Affordable Care Act ended that over payment and lumped many of the services Medicare Advantage provided into regular Medicare, thus SAVING $500B from Medicare.

I thought you guys were in favour of reducing spending. Why then do you hate it when Obama does it?

In other words, Obama and the Dims cut $500 billion from medicare. Dims always have some new definitions of words to make bad things sound good.

who did S&P blame when they downgraded?

They blamed the Democrats for their out of control spending.

False. They pointed to spending and revenue and said they were downgrading due to the unlikely possibility of a real deal and plan being implemented. Couple that with Boehner's continued to comments about not having GOP votes, and we all know what happened.

So by changing it's name and calling it something else and it being more sustainable and that the same recipients who have it now would still enjoy....that's dismantling it?

Any change Republicans make to a program is called "dismantling" and "extreme." Any change Democrats make to a program is called "reform" and "preserve."

Yeah... mkay... they'll surely look at the worthless $, credit downgrade, $15,000,000,000,000 of debt, inflation, high energy prices, 9.2% unemployment, record numbers on welfare and food stamps, three wars, Obamacare including slashes to Medicare, tax hikes, etc. and definitely vote "four more years".

Better start making your farewells now...

:lol:

I think half of what you wrote is true and applicable. Maybe. What's funny is some of what you wrote is actually beneficial!

What part is "beneficial?"

I'm dying to hear this.

Sure.

A weaker dollar means the goods we make here are more competitive overseas. That helps companies here compete.

Inflation, not that we have a lot now, is also good as it helps people reduce their debt burden as it relates to their income. Same goes for the US debt.

You call it "slashing" Medicare, but what every intelligent person calls it is finding savings in Medicare and reducing spending.

Tax hikes are a good thing when you are at historically low tax revenue levels. Which we are now.

Forum List

Back