Democrats Deny GOP Bid to Put Health Bill Online

Barry campaigned on transparency, in case you missed it...

Are you dismissing his lies?

A politician campaigning on transparency. Isn't that an oxymoron? :lol:

I'm saying that Obama said a lot of things during the election season to get elected. However, he's not going to end up backing plenty of that. He has pretty much told Liberals to go fuck themselves, so I'm not sure why you think I don't see the writing on the wall.
WE werent the ones that believed his lies, now were we
;)

Barry campaigned on transparency, in case you missed it...

Are you dismissing his lies?

A politician campaigning on transparency. Isn't that an oxymoron? :lol:
Well, a lot of your liberal brethren had HOPE that he'd CHANGE things in DC...

I'm saying that Obama said a lot of things during the election season to get elected. However, he's not going to end up backing plenty of that. He has pretty much told Liberals to go fuck themselves, so I'm not sure why you think I don't see the writing on the wall.
At least you admit he was full of shit... That's more than some other libs around here...

Clearly they learned and got stung by their first mistake on this, not getting the hurry hurry huzzah huzzah vote on HR 3200 before the August break like they originally planned.

The deal was, to rush HR 3200 through without any fuss, get it passed in the House like they did Cap and Trade then let the Senate take it up after the break. Problem was, the "Blue Dog" Democrats stalled it. Then all hell broke loose.

As I said a month or so ago, they will pass HR 3200 pretty much like it is, calling it something else, and with enough pork in it to get the votes they need. Just like they did Cap and Trade with only 9 republican votes. They'll sweeten the pot for the Blue Dogs and some Pugs.

Mark my words.

Well, in that case, the Republicans should just go ahead and put their own bill on line.

Wait, they DO have a bill, don't they?

Hello.

Republicans DO have a bill? Right?

Well, they can't just be complaining about Democrats. They must have a bill? Right?

Well?

Well?

Thought so.
Back in 2005 the Pugs DID try to reform health care. They were saying it was vital back then, we needed it now or the economy was going to collapse. The Democrats stopped it.

Nancy Pelosi was asked about Dem resistance, was asked where the Dem's health care plan was. She spouted, "Why should we put a plan out? Our plan is to stop HIM (Bush). He must be stopped!"

You had no problem with that, or just didn't know about it?

And no, as usual you didn't think. You just faithfully regurgitated your spoon fed kool aid.

Last edited:
Well, in that case, the Republicans should just go ahead and put their own bill on line.

Hello.

Well, they can't just be complaining about Democrats. They must have a bill? Right?

Well?

Well?

Thought so.
Back in 2003 the Pugs DID try to reform health care. They were saying it was vital back then, we needed it now or the economy was going to collapse. The Democrats stopped it.

Nancy Pelosi was asked about Dem resistance, was asked where the Dem's health care plan was. She spouted, "Why should we put a plan out? Our plan is to stop HIM (Bush). He must be stopped!"

And no, as usual you didn't think. You just faithfully regurgitated your spoon fed kool aid.

Game. Set. Match....

Back in 2003 the Pugs DID try to reform health care. They were saying it was vital back then, we needed it now or the economy was going to collapse. The Democrats stopped it.

The Republicans should be happy they were stopped. When people figured out their version of reform was giving insurance companies an even stronger grip, you guy would have been looking like PC after the 1993 Canadian elections.

FROM NEWSMAX.

WASHINGTON -- Senate Finance Committee Democrats have rejected a GOP amendment that would have required a health overhaul bill to be available online for 72 hours before the committee votes.

Republicans argued that transparency is an Obama administration goal. They also noted that their constituents are demanding that they read bills before voting.

Democrats said it was a delay tactic that could have postponed a vote for weeks.

The Democrats noted that unlike other committees, the Finance Committee works off conceptual language that describes policies — instead of legislative language that ultimately becomes law, and which the GOP amendment would have required.

Democrats Deny GOP Bid to Put Health Bill Online

Yesseriiiiiiiiiiiiiii, they are at it again building trust and confidence in the American people.:lol::lol: Remember the no stimulus stimulus bill that NO ONE had a chance to read before they signed on, remember a week later finding bonuses to the failed execs at AIG and everyone was running around pretending to be mad about it. Chris Dodd hiding out and becoming the fall guy. Well just wait, the kids are up to more of their tricks.

Last edited:
And the usual leftard response to Obama and the Dem's chicanery "What About Bush?" As if Republicans didn't spend nearly as much time bitching about the truly retarded crap Bush did like NCLB, The medicare Drug plan etc etc etc. Both opf which will cost more money over time than the entirity of the war on terror if it goes on for another forty years.

Hello.

Well?

Well?

Thought so.

Game. Set. Match....
And it was actually 2005. I've edited.

WE werent the ones that believed his lies, now were we
;)

I have admitted to have believed his bullshit. But do recall my situation at the time.

However, you still believe the lies and bullshit purported by the GOP now at times. So I think we'll call it even.

The Republicans should be happy they were stopped. When people figured out their version of reform was giving insurance companies an even stronger grip, you guy would have been looking like PC after the 1993 Canadian elections.
I suppose you're going to show us all a link which backs that assertion.

The Dem resistance more than anything else, as I recall, was against the massive TORT REFORM in the GOP bill.

The Dem resistance more than anything else, as I recall, was against the massive TORT REFORM in the GOP bill.

The keys to the GOP reform proposal then, as it is now, is dumping everyone into the individual insurance market (where insurance companies can cherry-pick the healthiest and deny policies to everyone else) and allowing policies to be sold across state lines (erasing any sort of regulation of policies).

Tort reform doesn't do anything except line the pockets of business. It doesn't do anything to control costs.

Yup - and they are still fighting it tooth and nail...

The keys to the GOP reform proposal then, as it is now, is dumping everyone into the individual insurance market (where insurance companies can cherry-pick the healthiest and deny policies to everyone else) and allowing policies to be sold across state lines (erasing any sort of regulation of policies).

Did you ever read that bill? Do you even know who authored it?

Hint: It wasn't SEIU or the Apollo Alliance.

Where was the Dem counter proposal? That's right, there wasn't one. So FOUR years later, it's some big emergency and we gottahaveitnow.

If it's a crisis now, it was in 2005 as well. Where was the Dem counter-proposal?
Tort reform doesn't do anything except line the pockets of business. It doesn't do anything to control costs.
It doesn't?

It's worked every time it's been tried.

You would much rather line the pockets of trial lawyers, and cause massive waste by way of defensive medicine. I see.

.....and allowing policies to be sold across state lines (erasing any sort of regulation of policies)...
Wrong....That would cause uniformity of regulations, in compliance with the interstate commerce clause, and more *ahemcoffcoff* choice and competition.

Uniformity to the lowest common denominator. And that wouldn't increase choice in any meaningful sense. It's like saying the market would be better if instead of having the choice of buying two cars that run, I'd be better off having the choice between car without an engine, a car without tires, and a car without a gas tank.

Last edited:

Did you ever read that bill? Do you even know who authored it?

Hint: It wasn't SEIU or the Apollo Alliance.

Where was the Dem counter proposal? That's right, there wasn't one. So FOUR years later, it's some big emergency and we gottahaveitnow.

If it's a crisis now, it was in 2005 as well. Where was the Dem counter-proposal?

Yeah, I know who authored it. Aetna and BCBS.

It doesn't?

It's worked every time it's been tried.

You would much rather line the pockets of trial lawyers, and cause massive waste by way of defensive medicine. I see.

It's worked? Is that why Texas has some of the highest health care cost in the nation even though they've enacted tort reform?

really?
where have i said i support the GOP lies?

I'm not really going to get into it as I honestly don't have the time. I'm referring to things by the right and the GOP that are practically lies and you have purported them at one time or another. Several of their lies were the basis of plenty of our arguments.

However, now a days, we are both on the same page more than ever. Though tonight I'm finding myself to be one of the more Conservative members here, which is odd. :eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back