Democrats block ICE from being notified when illegal alien fails firearm purchase background check.

From the link:

" Democrats this week approved legislation to require background checks for essentially all sales and transfers of firearms -- but rejected GOP-led efforts to amend the legislation to alert law enforcement authorities when gun buyers, including illegal immigrants, fail those background checks. "

It's not just illegals but ANY gun buyer. I don't get why the Dems would oppose this, nor do I understand why the Repubs would want that.

The anti-gun Democrats want illegal aliens (I mean undocumented Americans) to feel more comfortable when attempting to purchase firearms. They only care about the Second Amendment rights of people who shouldn't have Second Amendment rights. Pandering to their voting demographic I see.

Democrats reject push to alert ICE when illegal immigrants fail firearm background checks
The amendment says nothing about illegal immigrants, fuckwit.

It says when ANYONE fails a background check, the authorities should be notified.

Fox News decided to make it about illegal aliens, because that's how those fuckwits roll.

And you drank the piss.

From the link:

" Democrats this week approved legislation to require background checks for essentially all sales and transfers of firearms -- but rejected GOP-led efforts to amend the legislation to alert law enforcement authorities when gun buyers, including illegal immigrants, fail those background checks. "

It's not just illegals but ANY gun buyer. I don't get why the Dems would oppose this, nor do I understand why the Repubs would want that.
The Republicans oppose background checks for all sales of firearms, and so they tried to put a poison pill in the legislation.

They failed.

The anti-gun Democrats want illegal aliens (I mean undocumented Americans) to feel more comfortable when attempting to purchase firearms. They only care about the Second Amendment rights of people who shouldn't have Second Amendment rights. Pandering to their voting demographic I see.

Democrats reject push to alert ICE when illegal immigrants fail firearm background checks

It says when ANYONE fails a background check, the authorities should be notified.

Fox News decided to make it about illegal aliens, because that's how those fuckwits roll.

And you drank the piss.

Then why would Dems oppose it?

Wait so can illegal immigrants actually pass a background check, wouldn't be illegal automatically cause them to not pass?

From the link:

The Republicans oppose background checks for all sales of firearms, and so they tried to put a poison pill in the legislation.

They failed.

Ok, but what's so poison about notifying LE when somebody fails the background check. Did they really kill it just so ICE wouldn't be told when an illegal fails the check? Man, that's really out there. Talk about fucking the rest of us over just to protect the illegals.

And you drank the piss.

But what about the law itself? Wouldn’t it make sense to notify authorities when someone is trying to buy a gun and fails the background check? If you try to buy a gun, fail the background check, there are strong odds you will try to get a gun thru other (illegal) sources.

From the link:

They failed.

Ok, but what's so poison about notifying LE when somebody fails the background check. Did they really kill it just so ICE wouldn't be told when an illegal fails the check? Man, that's really out there. Talk about fucking the rest of us over just to protect the illegals.
In 2017, when the Republicans were in the majority, a Democrat offered up a bill (HR 4343) requiring law enforcement to be notified whenever someone failed a background check.

Of course, the Republicans squashed it. They hate any kind of gun control legislation, and the idea of the police being notified if you fail a background check is abhorrent to them. Ryan wouldn't even let it come to a vote.

Stuebe is playing a very old game. He knows there is probably a large number of Republicans who would vote for an expanded background check requirement, but if he got to add a requirement that anyone who failed should be turned over the police, those same Republicans would vote against it, just as they opposed that law when the Democrat offered it up.

Thus, a "poison pill".

It's a fucking bullshit tactic, the Democrats weren't fooled, and he lost. Now he's whining and playing the drama queen crying crocodile tears and inventing a story about Democrats protecting illegal aliens.

It's total bullshit.

This is a lie.

There is nothing in the proposed legislation that would allow undocumented immigrants to obtain firearms.

There is nothing in the proposed legislation that prohibits an FFL 01 from notifying immigration officials should an undocumented immigrant attempt to obtain a firearm during a transfer.

Indeed, undocumented immigrants are prohibited persons per Federal law, a provision of Federal law Democrats fully support.

What the proposed legislation actually addresses is in the link below.

https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/BILLS-116hr1112ih/pdf/BILLS-116hr1112ih.pdf

The original bill is aimed at closing the "gun show loophole". There are people on both sides of the aisle who agree that background checks should be done on all gun sales. So this bill has bipartisan support.

Stuebe tried to put a poison pill amendment in the bill which he knew would cause it to lose a majority vote just because of his amendment. He took an old Democratic proposal which he knew his fellow Republicans would never go for.

He was called out on his bullshit, and lost. So now he's trying to pretend its all about illegal aliens.

It appears Republicans no longer believe bearing false witness is a sin.

Isn't NICS ran by the FBI? Wouldn't law enforcement know when an applicant is rejected? Why aren't internal reports being done? Just ask'n.

Wait so can illegal immigrants actually pass a background check, wouldn't be illegal automatically cause them to not pass?

Exactly. At least I believe that is the case. But in refusing to notify the authorities if an illegal tries to buy a gun, the Dems are also not telling LE about everyone else who fails the check for some other reason. Makes sense to me to pass that information on to the authorities, cuz the person will possibly try to buy a gun through some other way, maybe a private transactions.

I am left with the conclusion that the Dems just want to check something off the list, hooray we passed a universal background check so vote for us. How can you not follow through and tell the cops? SMH.

Federal background checks are federal. Seems like the ATF sharing with the INS would be seamless—THIS IS THE SAME “STOVE PIPING” THAT LEAD TO US TO NOT BEING ABLE TO CONNECT THE DOTS ON 9/11.

Here is the bill: Text - H.R.8 - 116th Congress (2019-2020): Bipartisan Background Checks Act of 2019

Republicans are trying procedural shenanigans to kill it.
So long as it's killed. That's all I care about.

Since when are Dims opposed to "procedural shenanigans?" They put all kinds of such shenanigans into the last budget bill to make protecting our borders practically impossible.
Yes, both sides pull this shit all the time. Poison pills are a very common tactic.

The people opposed to background checks know the Rube Herd are stupid enough to parrot what they are told to parrot, especially if it involves Mexicans. They know the Rube Herd does not know about these poison pill tactics.

I guarantee you this will become a meme which is stated as fact going forward.

"The dems want illegals to get guns and kill us all!"

Forum List

Back