Democrats block ICE from being notified when illegal alien fails firearm purchase background check.

The anti-gun Democrats want illegal aliens (I mean undocumented Americans) to feel more comfortable when attempting to purchase firearms. They only care about the Second Amendment rights of people who shouldn't have Second Amendment rights. Pandering to their voting demographic I see.

Democrats reject push to alert ICE when illegal immigrants fail firearm background checks
The amendment says nothing about illegal immigrants, fuckwit.

It says when ANYONE fails a background check, the authorities should be notified.

Fox News decided to make it about illegal aliens, because that's how those fuckwits roll.

And you drank the piss.

well give us the real version

From the link:

" Democrats this week approved legislation to require background checks for essentially all sales and transfers of firearms -- but rejected GOP-led efforts to amend the legislation to alert law enforcement authorities when gun buyers, including illegal immigrants, fail those background checks. "

It's not just illegals but ANY gun buyer. I don't get why the Dems would oppose this, nor do I understand why the Repubs would want that.
Wrong.

Democrats don’t oppose immigration authorities being notified when an undocumented immigrant attempts to obtain a firearm.

Read the actual legislation linked in this thread, not the Fox lies.

Wrong. They opposed it being mandatory, as opposed to optional.
At least you’re consistent at being ignorant, stupid, and wrong.

Not making it ‘mandatory’ isn’t to oppose FFL 01s notifying immigration officials.

The amendment was proposed in bad faith by Republicans and it was appropriately rejected; indeed, the amendment is likely un-Constitutional.

I think if there is a State law that says an ex-felon who has committed a violent crime, can not purchase a fire arm, and these felons try to purchase a fire arm, even though they know they are not allowed to do such, then ''law enforcement should and must be notified'' is not an unreasonable law.... imo!

And 10 to 1 all States will put that in to their State gun laws without a Federal Law forcing them to.

Otherwise, if the person trying to purchase the gun is not breaking any laws, just restricted because of one of the other 10 to 20 reasons they may be rejected... seems like it could cut in to our right to privacy, or be an invasion of privacy?

but I dunno? :dunno:

I say, let the individual State govt decide on that... but either way, federal or state gvt... I wouldn't throw a tizzy fit over, however the vote on this comes out.

Wait so can illegal immigrants actually pass a background check, wouldn't be illegal automatically cause them to not pass?
Yes, as an illegal/undocumented immigrant they can NOT purchase a firearm, it is against Federal Law.

However, some States, (and it is up to the States), do allow documented aliens here on green cards, purchase firearms.

I am not certain who presently checks any of that at gun shows??? Or if an individual is selling his guns???
Current Federal law doesn’t require a background check when an intrastate sale between to private persons is conducted, provided the seller and buyer are residents of the same state.

Interstate sales must go through an FFL 01 with the completion of an ATF 4473 and a NICS background check, or when the buyer/seller is not a resident of the state where the transaction is conducted.

The proposed legislation would have amended Federal law to require a background check for such transactions.

And yes, lawful permanent resident aliens are allowed to purchase firearms; in fact, the courts have held that the Second Amendment right applies to LPRAs, in that they have standing to sue if they believe their rights enshrined in the Second Amendment have been violated by the state.

From the link:

" Democrats this week approved legislation to require background checks for essentially all sales and transfers of firearms -- but rejected GOP-led efforts to amend the legislation to alert law enforcement authorities when gun buyers, including illegal immigrants, fail those background checks. "

It's not just illegals but ANY gun buyer. I don't get why the Dems would oppose this, nor do I understand why the Repubs would want that.
Wrong.

Democrats don’t oppose immigration authorities being notified when an undocumented immigrant attempts to obtain a firearm.

Read the actual legislation linked in this thread, not the Fox lies.

Wrong. They opposed it being mandatory, as opposed to optional.
But shouldn't that be up to the State Legislatures to write in to their own State gun laws???
And some have – such as Colorado, where background checks are conducted for private transactions.

The anti-gun Democrats want illegal aliens (I mean undocumented Americans) to feel more comfortable when attempting to purchase firearms. They only care about the Second Amendment rights of people who shouldn't have Second Amendment rights. Pandering to their voting demographic I see.

Democrats reject push to alert ICE when illegal immigrants fail firearm background checks

Democrats can’t even enforce their favorite laws when it comes to illegals. Clearly, they prefer illegals over US.

It says when ANYONE fails a background check, the authorities should be notified.

Fox News decided to make it about illegal aliens, because that's how those fuckwits roll.

And you drank the piss.

But what about the law itself? Wouldn’t it make sense to notify authorities when someone is trying to buy a gun and fails the background check? If you try to buy a gun, fail the background check, there are strong odds you will try to get a gun thru other (illegal) sources.
Yes, and an FFL 01 is at complete liberty to notify immigration officials that an undocumented immigrant indicated on the ATF 4473 that he is undocumented – this proposed measure doesn’t change that.

Moreover, because the proposed measure would amend Federal law concerning intrastate firearm transactions between two private residents of a state, where currently a background check is not required, the likelihood of an undocumented immigrant obtaining a firearm is greatly reduced.

They should be forced to.
lol

Behold the authoritarian conservative who wants to subject gun dealers to criminal prosecution.

It’s you and others on the right who have completely lost it , not Democrats.

Conservatives have never opposed revoking the Second Amendment rights of convicted felons nor have they ever been in favor of arming illegal aliens.

And you drank the piss.

Is “drank the piss” your new “pseudocon”?

The original bill is aimed at closing the "gun show loophole". There are people on both sides of the aisle who agree that background checks should be done on all gun sales. So this bill has bipartisan support.

Stuebe tried to put a poison pill amendment in the bill which he knew would cause it to lose a majority vote just because of his amendment. He took an old Democratic proposal which he knew his fellow Republicans would never go for.

He was called out on his bullshit, and lost. So now he's trying to pretend its all about illegal aliens.

It appears Republicans no longer believe bearing false witness is a sin.

The problem with "fixing" the so-called "gun show loophole", is the "fix" could have wider ramifications eventually. It's one thing, to prevent private owners without a gun dealers license from selling without checking backgrounds at a show, but it could then mean that private owners couldn't even legally sell a gun from their home, to a neighbor for instance.

Forum List

Back