Democrats...be afraid, a black woman with a gun, teaching other women how to shoot....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
The biggest growth areas in gun buying are women and minorities...this individual is both...and she is spreading the message that guns are tools to protect your family....

New South Side Gun Club Strives To 'Empower' Women

BEVERLY— Although Javondlynn M. Dunagan teaches firearms and self-defense courses on the South Side, she admits she used to be afraid of guns.

The Grand Crossing native worked as a federal probation officer for 25 years, but she said she never had to carry a gun — and she didn't want to.

“I used to look at a gun and think it was just going to jump off the table,” Dunagan said.

“I said, ‘I’m going to tackle this fear and start carrying a gun, and I’m going to get over this,’ and it turned out I fell in love with firearms,” she said.

Dunagan began going to gun ranges alone to practice. She said she rarely saw other women, especially African-American women.

But she had to overcome that fear when she got divorced from her husband, who was a police officer.

“I felt uncomfortable not having a gun in the house" anymore, she said.

That’s when she decided to take classes in 2013 to learn how to safely handle and use a gun.

When her daughter, now a senior at Clark Atlanta University, was preparing to go away to college, Dunagan said she looked to enroll her in some sort of self-defense class, but couldn’t find any on the South Side.

When she retired in January 2016, Dunagan decided to open her own business where women could comfortably learn how to use a gun and learn self-defense.

She opened JMD Defense & Investigations LLC, 1447 W. 103rd St., in March.

Forum List

Back