More Biden Being Out Of Touch With Ordinary Americans

CNN's Erin Burnett asks Biden if he can turn the economy around in time for the November election and Biden says he's already turned it around while the truth is inflation is going higher and interest rates are not coming down. Americans can't afford to live now and it's more of Biden saying that everything's just fine. Then he goes on to complain about banks charges for bounced checks and late payment fees on credit cards. He doesn't even realize that if Americans could afford to live they wouldn't be bouncing checks or making late payments on credit cards or even having to charge groceries on their cards because prices are so high.

Quite true. Now we do use our credit card for groceries because our bank gives us a generous 3% cash back on those purchases, but we pay off the credit card completely every month so that we haven't paid a penny of credit card interest for maybe 30 years or more now.

But we stay solvent by giving up a lot of pleasures we once enjoyed both by buying cheaper food and foregoing entertainment and anything else we once considered little luxuries. We rarely eat out anymore. And we are quite aware that being financially responsible under the conditions Biden has imposed on us is hurting others who benefitted from the business they once got from us.

Biden is so clueless on how an economy prospers that he continues to dig us into a massive hole. And I'm pretty sure he is too mentally gone to be educated at this point.

So you agree that Biden is out of touch with ordinary Americans?
ALL politicians are out of touch.
ALL OF THEM.
Most literate Americans understand they can't make ends meet anymore.
You having trouble making ends meet?
MOST????? I don't think so.
Probably never been a successful politician more in tune with ordinary, average Americans than President Trump.
I can't believe that you actually think trump cares about the average American.
He talks a good game, because he LIES, and sadly you believe him.

Quite true. Now we do use our credit card for groceries because our bank gives us a generous 3% cash back on those purchases, but we pay off the credit card completely every month so that we haven't paid a penny of credit card interest for maybe 30 years or more now.

But we stay solvent by giving up a lot of pleasures we once enjoyed both by buying cheaper food and foregoing entertainment and anything else we once considered little luxuries. We rarely eat out anymore. And we are quite aware that being financially responsible under the conditions Biden has imposed on us is hurting others who benefitted from the business they once got from us.

Biden is so clueless on how an economy prospers that he continues to dig us into a massive hole. And I'm pretty sure he is too mentally gone to be educated at this point.
Be honest and give us the details of your monthly income and expenses.
I know you will NOT do this, using some lame excuse, so therefore your newfound hardships are difficult to believe, especially when you blame everything on biden.

Be honest and give us the details of your monthly income and expenses.
I know you will NOT do this, using some lame excuse, so therefore your newfound hardships are difficult to believe, especially when you blame everything on biden.
I haven't blamed everything on Biden. Just what should be blamed on Biden or whoever is acting in place of Biden. And surprise surprise. I feel no obligation to provide the likes of you with any personal information whatsoever. Do have a wonderful afternoon.

I haven't blamed everything on Biden. Just what should be blamed on Biden or whoever is acting in place of Biden. And surprise surprise. I feel no obligation to provide the likes of you with any personal information whatsoever. Do have a wonderful afternoon.
You do realize that these issues are ALL a result of COVID.

But yet the right wing protects trump from the COVID affects saying things like….the economy was booming before COVID

Yes, all true.

But COVID happened while trump was POTUS and his response led to a lot of the effects we are seeing today
But sure….. the right wing blames Biden.

We currently have a FPOTUS on trial and the right wing cult pretends that it is ALL a setup.
How many times have I heard “Trump did nothing illegal “

But, have a nice Day
Happy Mother’s Day.

• Brilliant
Reactions: IM2
You do realize that these issues are ALL a result of COVID.

But yet the right wing protects trump from the COVID affects saying things like….the economy was booming before COVID

Yes, all true.

But COVID happened while trump was POTUS and his response led to a lot of the effects we are seeing today
But sure….. the right wing blames Biden.

We currently have a FPOTUS on trial and the right wing cult pretends that it is ALL a setup.
How many times have I heard “Trump did nothing illegal “

But, have a nice Day
Happy Mother’s Day.
But trump inherited a growing economy. He did nothing to create the boom. And if he gets re elected, suddenly the Republicans will be told how the economy is growing and they will credit trump for what Biden has done that they are dissing right now.

We rarely eat out anymore. And we are quite aware that being financially responsible under the conditions Biden has imposed on us is hurting others who benefitted from the business they once got from us.

They likely don't miss you, people are eating out more now than ever.

fredgraph.png

• Winner
Reactions: IM2
That graph is misleading. To accurately reflect the deficit, each color would have to pick up where the last one ended instead of being superimposed. All that graph actually shows is the RATE of increase of the deficit. The only reason the rate of increase is slowing is that Biden and congress have stopped handing out checks to people for doing nothing.
No, it's not, unless you demand that it is.

It clearly shows that the deficit decreased each of the last 4 years.

Which is true no matter how badly it makes you feel.

That graph is misleading. To accurately reflect the deficit, each color would have to pick up where the last one ended instead of being superimposed. All that graph actually shows is the RATE of increase of the deficit. The only reason the rate of increase is slowing is that Biden and congress have stopped handing out checks to people for doing nothing.
From Chat GTP

As of my last update in January 2022, the deficits from 2020 to 2023 were as follows:

• 2020: The U.S. federal deficit for fiscal year 2020, which ended on September 30, 2020, was approximately $3.1 trillion. This was largely due to increased government spending in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. TRUMP
  • 2021: The deficit for fiscal year 2021, ending September 30, 2021, was approximately $2.77 trillion. Again, pandemic-related spending contributed significantly to this deficit. Biden
  • 2022: The deficit for fiscal year 2022, ending September 30, 2022, was approximately $2.4 trillion. The pandemic continued to impact spending and economic conditions during this period. Biden
  • 2023: Deficit figures for fiscal year 2023 would not have been available at the time of my last update, as fiscal years typically end on September 30th, and my data only goes up to January 2022.

Dems da fax

But trump inherited a growing economy. He did nothing to create the boom. And if he gets re elected, suddenly the Republicans will be told how the economy is growing and they will credit trump for what Biden has done that they are dissing right now.
Trump cut regulations and taxes to grow the economy.

Biden is increasing regulations and taxes and government spending thereby increasing inflation. Biden's inflation is costing US families about $1000 month.

If Trump cuts government spending and regulations and ends the Biden war on energy the economy will improve.

It's not just Biden. It is the entire left.

Literate Americans understand that Trump inherited the Obama/Biden economy. Trump spent during the pandemic. American government spending did not create the global inflation that existed. Biden has set job growth records above and beyond what were returned after the pandemic. These are the facts literate Americans understand. RWM users understand the fake mess you posted.
I would like to know how much they pay you to spew this garbage.

I would like to know how much they pay you to spew this garbage.

No, the economy didn't suddenly get strong under Donald Trump​

One of the biggest themes of President Donald Trump’s State of the Union address — and one of the biggest themes of his reelection campaign — is that he inherited a weak economy from President Barack Obama and turned it into a strong economy by implementing his own policies.

"The years of economic decay are over," he told the joint session of Congress on Feb. 4, 2020. "The days of our country being used, taken advantage of, and even scorned by other nations are long behind us. Gone, too, are the broken promises, jobless recoveries, tired platitudes and constant excuses for the depletion of American wealth, power and prestige."

Trump added, "If we hadn’t reversed the failed economic policies of the previous administration, the world would not now be witnessing this great economic success."

When we reached out to the Trump campaign, they offered several statistics showing Trump has notched greater gains than Obama did, such as manufacturing job creation, the unemployment rate, and economic growth. We found those statistics, and other specific facts Trump cited during the State of the Union, were accurate, or largely so.

However, unlike Obama, who inherited the Great Recession, Trump inherited an economy that was already getting back on its feet. Overall, we found a continuation of the favorable trend lines Trump inherited from Obama.

We looked at 15 common economic statistics, from unemployment rates to growth in gross domestic product to poverty, foreclosures, and bank failures.

They cover the period of the Great Recession until today. Where possible, we’ve highlighted periods under a Republican president in red and periods under a Democratic president in blue.

The bottom line: For virtually each of these measurements, we found that the trend lines continued almost seamlessly from the second half of Obama’s presidency into the first three years of Trump’s tenure. Trump’s claim that he turned around a failing economy is wrong.

Forum List

Back