Democrats admit that the Public Option will lead to Single Payer government run care

Discussion in 'Healthcare/Insurance/Govt Healthcare' started by PLYMCO_PILGRIM, Oct 16, 2009.

1. PLYMCO_PILGRIM

PLYMCO_PILGRIM Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,863
    I think a public option will lead to nationalized health care (single payer health care) but it is not nationalized health care at its outset

Many democrats, including those in Obama's administration agree
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndStT6c93rc]YouTube - Proof Positive the Public Option Will Lead to Single Payer[/ame]

My own democrat congressman also agrees
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3BS4C9el98]YouTube - Single Payer Action Confronts Barney Frank[/ame]

And so does President Obama

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-bY92mcOdk]YouTube - SHOCK UNCOVERED: Obama IN HIS OWN WORDS saying His Health Care Plan will ELIMINATE private insurance[/ame][/QUOTE]

2. Vast LWC

Vast LWC <-Mohammed

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +871
    Yes Pilgrim, certainly people who want "Single Payer" feel that showing people how excellent a public option is would be a strong step towards getting what they want.

But that doesn't mean that a public option is just a means to an end.

We have two diametrically opposed sides here.

One side wants single payer, and the other side wants nothing at all. So, the public option is a compromise.

Since Republicans are so convinced that a Single Payer option would be so horrible, then they should be all for a Public Option, so they can show everyone what a terrible idea a Single Payer plan would be.

Or are they afraid that people would like a government-run plan too much?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. PLYMCO_PILGRIM

PLYMCO_PILGRIM Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,863
    However, Obama and those he surrounds himself with have stated that a Public Option is the means to that end.

Its in those videos in their own words.

4. manu1959

manu1959 Left Coast Isolationist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    this will not improve healthcare.....

the number of doctors will not increase nor will their ability

the number of nurses will not increase nor will their ability

the number of hospitals and clinics will not increas nor will the technology

no money is being directed at those three components

it is insurance reform pure and simple.....

the government will expand its insurance system adding the general population to medicare and medicade ....

thus:

somewhere around 30-40 million people will now seek helathcare from a medical system that once served what 150-200 million people .....

you thought your medical care sucked before...

an if the government wants to do this....why not just open up medicare and medicade to the uninsured population....

Last edited: Oct 16, 2009
  5. Mr Clean

Mr Clean Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,825
    It all boils down to who do you trust more, the government or an insurance company.

6. MajikMyst

MajikMyst Honorary Non-member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +83
    They are affraid of being wrong.. Again.. Like they have been wrong about everything else..

They believe and listen to the scare tactics put out by the insurance companies.. Even though there was never a section in the bill that could even be close to a death panel.. The section that was targetsd was put on the bill by a republican from Georgia..

It simply end of life coverage.. Or the ability to have a meeting with a doctor, an attorney or both to decide how you want things handled would be covered.. It is an exellent idea... I am sure all republicans want to avoid being in the same position as Teri Schiavo..

Do you want to be kept alive when you are brain dead or can someone turn off the machines and let you rest?

It allows you to also name the person that would make this choices for you if you can't.. Like in my case.. My wife knows my wishes.. She is in charge if I can't do it myself..

I fail to see how this can be called a death panel? Nobody is being killed here.. But that is how republicans and all their ignorant wisdom chose to portray it to the public.. Anyone with the IQ of 4 or more was able to see through it as a lie and a sad sad joke..

7. MajikMyst

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +83
    I trust the government.. Them I can fire if they are doing a bad job.. Lets see you all fire the CEO of United Health care!! I want his job!! He makes $102,000 dollars an hour!! Who wouldn't love his job?? Except for the fact that he makes that money killing americans.. Well.. Maybe not then.. Getting paid to kill americans.. North Korea should hire this guy..

8. MajikMyst

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +83
    Over all your post is another uninformed scare tactic.. The isurance companies would be proud of you this day..

In the first year or two, things would be hectic in hospitals.. But as time went on, new hospitals would be built and mrore and more Doctors would be hired as would Nurses.. This won't happen over night, but it will happen.. 3 of the hospitals in my area have recently expaned just because of population growth.. So it will happen..

Insurance companies simply need to be bitch slapped.. I see no other option than to simply kicking them out of health care..

Look at it this way.. They will still get 50% of the primiums for flood insurance, even though FEMA writes the policy.. Nice, 40 billion a year for doing nothing but selling a policy and they don't have to do anything..

9. JakeStarkey

JakeStarkey Diamond Member Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32,395
    Manu, are just stupid? Of course we will bring in doctors and nurses and health care paraprofessionals as our schools ramp up, as we bring Canadians and Mexicans and Filipinos and anyone who is qualified to broaden and better our health care system. Use the brain God gave you, please.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2009
  10. driveby

driveby Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,325
    Choice and competition....... lather, rinse, repeat