Democrats admit that the Public Option will lead to Single Payer government run care

If there is one crystal clear aspect to the healthcare debate it is the hypocrisy and outright BS from the conservatives and republicans. I would include libertarians but they are more clearly on the side of corporate plunder.

In power they did nothing, now they have plans.

Your entire post is BS liberal talking points but i'll just stick to this one. Your beloved Senator Barack Hussein Obama voted against healthcare reform SIX times if i'm not mistaken, so according to your statement, none of the six were Republican plans........:eusa_whistle:

Driveby...dude...parrot for Rush...whats up...?

Rush Limbaugh Discusses 'Drive-By Media' With Sean Hannity

Rush Limbaugh Discusses 'Drive-By Media' With Sean Hannity | NewsBusters.org

I am really surprised your screen name is not Ditto Head. :lol:

If there is one crystal clear aspect to the healthcare debate it is the hypocrisy and outright BS from the conservatives and republicans. I would include libertarians but they are more clearly on the side of corporate plunder.

In power they did nothing, now they have plans.

Your entire post is BS liberal talking points but i'll just stick to this one. Your beloved Senator Barack Hussein Obama voted against healthcare reform SIX times if i'm not mistaken, so according to your statement, none of the six were Republican plans........:eusa_whistle:

Driveby...dude...parrot for Rush...whats up...?

Rush Limbaugh Discusses 'Drive-By Media' With Sean Hannity

Rush Limbaugh Discusses 'Drive-By Media' With Sean Hannity | NewsBusters.org

I am really surprised your screen name is not Ditto Head. :lol:

Is that the best you've got libtard ? .......... :lol:

I'm surprised your screen name is not Saulismydaddy.......:rolleyes:

Please chanel and everyone else as well, take some pride in Educating yourself on the Public Option....

The Public option HAS TO PAY FOR ITSELF....NOT ONE DIME of our TAXES goes towards the Public Option.

It is in the legislation that the Public Option pays for itself through the insurance PREMIUMS the customers who CHOSE to go with this insurance plan pays....JUST like all other private insurance companies.

The Public Option must also pay for all of its own administration costs through the premiums charged to their customers.

The Public Option also has a provision that authorizes the administrator to charge the customers MORE than their estimated costs of the program so to have a buffer, a kitty that they can draw from IF they end up having higher health care costs than expected.

The Public Option must follow all rules and regs put upon all private insurance companies on the Insurance Exchange...no special breaks for the public option plan...they have to cover preexisting conditions, etc...like everyone else on the Insurance exchange.

The Public Option is an option WITHIN ONES STATE, it is not set up to be a national plan, but only a public option within the state.

It is NOT a government plan such as Medicare, there ARE NO SPECIAL PRIVILEGES given to this plan....or paying the Doctor less than agreed to etc...it is run as an insurance plan is run in the private sector only there is no profit to pocket, if they make a profit, they have to put this profit back in to better coverage for the members of the plan or a drop in prices for their policies.

Now I ask all of you against it, WHAT IS THE OBJECTION to the Public Option, knowing the above...?

Does not fedex and ups compete with the post office on bigger parcels and do just fine?

care

How? When people are out of work? Infirm? How are they going to PAY for it? Someone has to. The money doesn't come out of thin air. Doctors have to get paid, Insurance companies have to get paid, staff, etc...

Unless you're proposing that Doctors, Staff, and the rest will be forced to get PAID for whatever the Government deems necessary?

NOTHING in this world is free.

what are you talking about?

the public option is an insurance plan that is paid for by ONLY the people that choose this plan as their coverage...

the bill specifically states such and makes it IMPOSSIBLE to go to the federal government to be bailed out...via our tax dollars?

so what is it T, that you are saying?

Those people poor, will be given affordability credits true....but those that are poor that were on medicaid, will be able to use these affordability credits to buy ANY INSURANCE POLICY THAT THEY WANT that is on the Insurance Exchange in their own state....whether the Public option is in the bill or not in the bill, no one is forced in to any plan, they get to decide what insurance plan is best for them, whether it is blue cross blue shield or a public option insurance plan...

care

What am I saying? SIMPLE. You are advocating the Government dictating who/what/where /when when it comes to healthcare.

Point is? Government has no business in telling private comapnies, much less the people what they MUST do in this issue when this issue is a PERSONAL choice, and not a right.

IF this program is passed? Employers will opt out of ANY insurance, and it will FORCE people into a Government program that they may not necessarily want or need for that matter.

Bottom line? It's time to smack the Government camel on the nose to get it OUT of the tent.

It's an affront to Liberty of the individual PERIOD.

Last edited:

According to the Congressional Budget Office, (the same non-partisan source that conservatives have been using for deficit data to use against Obama) the bill as a whole will REDUCE the deficit by 80 Billion dollars.

Are you refuting their numbers now, when you were happy to use them before?

Actually, please ignore my last post, as it did not apply. I'm on cold medicine at the moment, please forgive me for tangents. LOL.

How? When people are out of work? Infirm? How are they going to PAY for it? Someone has to. The money doesn't come out of thin air. Doctors have to get paid, Insurance companies have to get paid, staff, etc...

Unless you're proposing that Doctors, Staff, and the rest will be forced to get PAID for whatever the Government deems necessary?

NOTHING in this world is free.

the public option is an insurance plan that is paid for by ONLY the people that choose this plan as their coverage...

the bill specifically states such and makes it IMPOSSIBLE to go to the federal government to be bailed out...via our tax dollars?

Those people poor, will be given affordability credits true....but those that are poor that were on medicaid, will be able to use these affordability credits to buy ANY INSURANCE POLICY THAT THEY WANT that is on the Insurance Exchange in their own state....whether the Public option is in the bill or not in the bill, no one is forced in to any plan, they get to decide what insurance plan is best for them, whether it is blue cross blue shield or a public option insurance plan...

care

What am I saying? SIMPLE. You are advocating the Government dictating who/what/where /when when it comes to healthcare.

Point is? Government has no business in telling private comapnies, much less the people what they MUST do in this issue when this issue is a PERSONAL choice, and not a right.

IF this program is passed? Employers will opt out of ANY insurance, and it will FORCE people into a Government program that they may not necessarily want or need for that matter.

Bottom line? It's time to smack the Government camel on the nose to get it OUT of the tent.

i'm sorry, you are not making any sense AT ALL, so please try again....relating to having a public option on the insurance exchange that can be bought by anyone, INCLUDING BUSINESSES THAT want to BUY it for their employees IF THEY CHOOSE TO DO SO...

THIS IS NOT SOME FREE PLAN TO WHOM EVER OR WHOEVER...funded by you and me via taxes, for GOODNESS SAKE!

you really need to inform yourself, please do it, it is important to know what this insurance reform says, or doesn't say, so that we all can have an HONEST DISCUSSION on what is good in it and what is BAD in IT, emphasis on IN IT, not some made up fear mongering lies and untruths.

SOOOOOO, WHY would this public plan force employers to drop their insurance?

WHY would these employers not drop their employee plan if they were buying insurance from a private insurer off the exchange? why would they drp their insurance just because of this public insurance option that you are able to BUY?

I just don't understand your concerns???

care

care

i'm sorry, you are not making any sense AT ALL, so please try again....relating to having a public option on the insurance exchange that can be bought by anyone, INCLUDING BUSINESSES THAT want to BUY it for their employees IF THEY CHOOSE TO DO SO...

THIS IS NOT SOME FREE PLAN TO WHOM EVER OR WHOEVER...funded by you and me via taxes, for GOODNESS SAKE!

you really need to inform yourself, please do it, it is important to know what this insurance reform says, or doesn't say, so that we all can have an HONEST DISCUSSION on what is good in it and what is BAD in IT, emphasis on IN IT, not some made up fear mongering lies and untruths.

SOOOOOO, WHY would this public plan force employers to drop their insurance?

WHY would these employers not drop their employee plan if they were buying insurance from a private insurer off the exchange? why would they drp their insurance just because of this public insurance option that you are able to BUY?

I just don't understand your concerns???

care

I'm SORRY...but what part of "Government needs to get their NOSES out of it ", didn't you understand?

Democrats admit that the Public Option will lead to Single Payer government run care ...

Good!

See I dont have issue with Zona, this is your opinion and thats fine. I just have a different one.

I take issue with those who deny that the public option is indeed the gateway to single payer government run care.

It depends on who you let do the polling

Health Care Reform - Rasmussen Reports™

44 % approve, considering Mccain got 46% of the vote and that win by obama was declared an overwhelming victory i would have to say that there is overwhelming opposition to government run health care AKA the Public Option.

Yep. And an almost replay of what the Hidebeast tried to do in the 90's that gave Republicans control of the Congress in '94.

People do not want their Healthcare options screwed with by the Government. It's that simple.

People do not want their Healthcare options screwed with by the Government. It's that simple.

The fact is that the majority of people don't have the first clue what their options are, nor do they really have any options. The government, via the states, are already engaged in protectionism and anti-trust for the health insurance companies. There are 50 sets of code for each state and the District.

I'd like to see a spreadsheet/chart showing what states have, what infrastructures are in place and how they compare, ie., how they compare cost wise, demographically, facilities, personnel, reimbursements, cost per capita and all the legal ins and outs for each state. The spreadsheet would have to be 1000 feet wide I suppose or broken up into very narrow subsets to give the correct picture. When viewed, people would then start to get angry and realize that a Federal standard for all of these things is a good thing. Until this happens there will be no portability, no selling across state lines and no competition whatsoever. So making bland statements like "People do not want their Healthcare options screwed with by the Government. It's that simple." is moronic. It requires no thought whatsoever. You're a tool.

Democrats admit that the Public Option will lead to Single Payer government run care ...

Good!

See I dont have issue with Zona, this is your opinion and thats fine. I just have a different one.

I take issue with those who deny that the public option is indeed the gateway to single payer government run care.

how could this particular public option, which requires plan holders that choose it, pay for the entire cost of it....

EVER BECOME a single payer, universal plan... without MAJOR LEGISLATION that would be fought tooth and nail, down the road??? IT can't, not the way this public insurance option is set up, with no taxes going towards sustaining it, what so ever?

PLEASE for the love of God, explain this to me Plym....

care

Last edited:
Democrats admit that the Public Option will lead to Single Payer government run care

Good news to me.

Government health care will ruin CEO quarter billion dollar salaries the same way the Post Office ruins Fed Ex and UPS. Exactly the same way.

Good!

how could this particular public option, which requires plan holders that choose it, pay for the entire cost of it....

EVER BECOME a single payer, universal plan... without MAJOR LEGISLATION that would be fought tooth and nail, down the road??? IT can't, not the way this public insurance option is set up, with no taxes going towards sustaining it, what so ever?

care

It doesn't, it will be subsidized.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2aV6uJGkP0&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Christropher Hayes, Netroots Nation Day 1, Simple Explanation of the Proposed Public Option[/ame]

What does the "public" in "public option" really mean? - Consumer Watchdog

Care if you couldn’t afford the full premium and you made less than 400% of the federal poverty line (about $43,000 for an individual or $88,000 for a family of 4), you’d get a subsidy so your premium would be pegged to a fixed percentage of your income.

Its in the bill as such http://edlabor.house.gov/documents/111/pdf/publications/AAHCA-BillText-071409.pdf

Good news to me.

Government health care will ruin CEO quarter billion dollar salaries the same way the Post Office ruins Fed Ex and UPS. Exactly the same way.
So? In other venaculiar? You LOATHE Private enterprise, and ADMIT that you Love huge Government, and LOATHE your own Liberty/Freedom.

Nice that you ADMIT this. NOW we know what your thoughts are. And no wonder you seem to get hammered here.

Thanks for clearing it all up. KUDOS!

Good!

care

The first thing is, is that GOVERNMENT is dictating to private entities. And they are allowed to do this...HOW? Under what auspices?

Good news to me.

So? In other venaculiar? You LOATHE Private enterprise, and ADMIT that you Love huge Government, and LOATHE your own Liberty/Freedom.

Nice that you ADMIT this. NOW we know what your thoughts are. And no wonder you seem to get hammered here.

That reads like a PI post. It's vernacular. And yes, privateering is what I would call it. Nobody needs to make the kind of money those CEOs are making for public companies. It's criminal.

Good news to me.

That reads like a PI post. It's vernacular. And yes, privateering is what I would call it. Nobody needs to make the kind of money those CEOs are making for public companies. It's criminal.

And WHOM makes that judgement exactly?

The Stockholders...Share Holders...when they see poor performance? They'll adjust, won't they?

AGAIN? What business is it of Government in a "Free Market"?

Answer? NONE.

Forum List

Back