Democratic Senators Cave on Bankruptcy Bill

Kathianne said:
I agree. I always had 'perfect' credit. In order to help my kids get through high school, some things went on credit. (My own income has never hit 30k, yet I have over 30k in credit card limits-never higher then 7k, but that's me and still too much.) I have a mortgage and car payment. I have school loans. My dad got sick last summer, had a pacemaker put in. Couldn't work as I have in the past. Got late on some payments. 2 Visas put the interest rate up to 23%. What is a person to do? (I am lucky, my dad and brother paid them off, so I'm paying them back, but what if the family couldn't?)

Your situation is typical of the people that walk into my wifes' office, Kathianne .
It's true that some people do abuse the system, while others like yourself are very responsible and
need relief. I'm glad you found a solution and avoided filing. That is the first thing my wife does with every client, and I might add she's not payed for it.

As far as the abusers go..My solution is and has been for years that it's the Credit Card
Companies business practice that needs fixed. If they choose to issue cards to abusers and known
abusers they should take the hit for bad business practices, not the public.

Forum List

Back