Democratic Maryland Comptroller Calls for Alabama Boycott

If anybody actually believed that Republicans were Pro-Children, this whole situation would feel much different, but they are consistently anti-children. They don’t care about the children in poverty in their own states. They don’t care about the horrible education systems in their own states. They don’t care about children ripped from their families at the border. They don’t care about the kids dying in ICE custody. They don’t care about the children starving to death in Yemen. In fact, I struggle to find a place where Republicans lead the conversation on their actual demonstrated love for kids. All of this is about control and power. Not love of children.
We’re talking about Baltimore here. A deep blue state with some of the worst education and child poverty in the nation. How is that a conservative problem? It’s your party’s doing.

We provide economies where your parents can get off of welfare and take of you. And when you get older there are jobs you can get to take care of yourself. As it should be.

We aren’t central america’s Daycare center or welfare provider. Their shit parents should have done something to fix their shithole country a long time ago. Stay home and do that. Better late than never.

WTF do you think we owe Yemen and how the hell is that our problem? WTF do you want us to do? Go take over their country and turn it into a colony? Maybe you assholes can go set up an abortion clinic and start killing off new norms as they are delivered. That’s your idea of child care.

Secession is the answer. The chasms are too wide.

so, quit just talking about it on an internet forum and get out there and start something.

It takes a multi pronged front. Im working on it. Thanks for your concerns though.
Collecting cans of Spam?

That is funny, OL!!
Only if you don't have to eat it, Lord Brown Trout.

so, quit just talking about it on an internet forum and get out there and start something.

It takes a multi pronged front. Im working on it. Thanks for your concerns though.
Collecting cans of Spam?

That is funny, OL!!
Only if you don't have to eat it, Lord Brown Trout.

Yeah no kidding.

Agreed. It would be great to see the USA breakup into many small friendly nations. Hopefully putting an end to the imperialism, criminality, and .1% control of our government from the Imperial Capital on the Potomac.

what are you doing about making that a reality other than whining on a political forum?
LOL. Who do you think I am? Barack Obama?

Goof!

This is getting ridiculous. All this shit does is just divide us more.

State pensions will divest foreign investments because of the actions of foreign governments. I've never heard of state pensions divesting domestic investments because of the actions of other state governments, which is what the Comptroller is aiming for with the review.

Maryland Comptroller Peter Franchot, vice chairman of the $52.7 billion Maryland State Retirement & Pensions System, Baltimore, is calling on the system's executive management to review "all relationships that we have with businesses" in Alabama following the latter state's restrictive abortion bill signed into law Wednesday.

In a Facebook post Thursday, Mr. Franchot, a Democrat, said the review will include a full inventory of assets that are invested in Alabama-based companies, as well as all investment managers, brokers and consultants that are headquartered or have regional offices in the state. "I will ask that this review and full inventory of business relationships be presented to the Board of Trustees on an expedited basis, so that we can hopefully initiate the process of full divestment from the state of Alabama," he said. ...

While the review takes place, Mr. Franchot said in his post that he will ask that no system employees or trustees travel to Alabama under any circumstances — "be it for professional conferences or meetings with current or prospective investment partners. It is my hope that this travel restriction would be replicated throughout Maryland state government as a whole."​

PIOnline : Error Page

Dear Toro
The need to segregate spending between the left leaning political religion of the Democrats
and the right leaning political religion of the Republicans
reminds me of the split between Catholics and Protestants.

This is a necessary split to allow DEFUNDING of religious platforms.

But these "political religious factions" should have been kept SEPARATE from the government
to begin with. So all this division would remain natural between parties as religious
organizations that members should have free choice to fund, to follow, or not.

The problem is that we allowed these parties to infiltrate and impose their political
religion, beliefs and ideologies into public policy, so that the entire public is affected by their policy and funding preferences.

There is nothing wrong with people choosing freely what beliefs and policies
they agree to fund and follow. That is natural for people to congregate based
on which affiliation and beliefs they identity with, as with religious organizations
that remain separate from govt and individual free choice whether to participate or contribute.

Had political parties also kept their beliefs separate from government as a free choice
among their members to pursue for themselves, the way other religious organizations do, it would be perfectly natural for such groups to separate funding where they disagree.
This would not impose on any other people or groups with equal rights and freedom to choose which affiliation to support.

This is why the founding principles in the Constitution, from the start,
sought to separate GOVERNMENT from RELIGION -- to AVOID and PREVENT this very type of conflict!

We let the parties go too far in pushing political beliefs through Govt.
Then, when other people and parties disagree, and these parties
exercise the freedom to defund and depart from biased agenda
because of "differences in beliefs," it interferes with govt and the public.

Because BELIEFS of one party vs. another should NEVER HAVE BEEN
INSTITUTED through GOVT to begin with. This is why the principle
exists about Govt remaining neutral and never getting mixed with
religious beliefs in the first place! We need to admit that the political
parties are the equivalent of political religions espousing political beliefs,
and acknowledge why such biases in beliefs don't belong in govt for this reason!

Last edited:
This is getting ridiculous. All this shit does is just divide us more.

State pensions will divest foreign investments because of the actions of foreign governments. I've never heard of state pensions divesting domestic investments because of the actions of other state governments, which is what the Comptroller is aiming for with the review.

Maryland Comptroller Peter Franchot, vice chairman of the $52.7 billion Maryland State Retirement & Pensions System, Baltimore, is calling on the system's executive management to review "all relationships that we have with businesses" in Alabama following the latter state's restrictive abortion bill signed into law Wednesday.

In a Facebook post Thursday, Mr. Franchot, a Democrat, said the review will include a full inventory of assets that are invested in Alabama-based companies, as well as all investment managers, brokers and consultants that are headquartered or have regional offices in the state. "I will ask that this review and full inventory of business relationships be presented to the Board of Trustees on an expedited basis, so that we can hopefully initiate the process of full divestment from the state of Alabama," he said. ...

While the review takes place, Mr. Franchot said in his post that he will ask that no system employees or trustees travel to Alabama under any circumstances — "be it for professional conferences or meetings with current or prospective investment partners. It is my hope that this travel restriction would be replicated throughout Maryland state government as a whole."​

PIOnline : Error Page

Just wait a short time longer. Think we're divided now? As a people, a nation? Over this "issue"? You ain't seen nothin' yet. Rumor has it hammers will fall; tons of bricks, like the hands of a God . . . the American Left keeps pushing the child killing. What we're witnessing with Alabama is stage one retaliation. No one living wants to see stage two, retribution, come down.

Agreed. It would be great to see the USA breakup into many small friendly nations. Hopefully putting an end to the imperialism, criminality, and .1% control of our government from the Imperial Capital on the Potomac.

what are you doing about making that a reality other than whining on a political forum?

Goof!

I think you are a guy that whines a lot on the internet but does not do shit about anything in real life

The thing to learn in life is that chitt happens. The abortion agenda has moved to insanity and now some states are fighting back whether you or I agree or not. The process can take time to leaving the union. Canada with its vast tracks of land and many parts of the United States still offer peace and common sense. It is very possible to carve out several nations where most of the money will go or leave is up to our opinions.

You know, it really baffles me that the same people who romanticize about the US being the most power nation in the world are also the same people who want it to dissolve.

The thing to learn in life is that chitt happens.

are you too pure to write the word "shit"?

The abortion agenda has moved to insanity and now some states are fighting back whether you or I agree or not. The process can take time to leaving the union. Canada with its vast tracks of land and many parts of the United States still offer peace and common sense. It is very possible to carve out several nations where most of the money will go or leave is up to our opinions.

Good luck with that, I am thinking Canada is going to tell you to shove it up your ass when you try and take their land.

What are you doing to bring about the process of a few new nations?

The thing to learn in life is that chitt happens.

are you too pure to write the word "shit"?

The abortion agenda has moved to insanity and now some states are fighting back whether you or I agree or not. The process can take time to leaving the union. Canada with its vast tracks of land and many parts of the United States still offer peace and common sense. It is very possible to carve out several nations where most of the money will go or leave is up to our opinions.

Good luck with that, I am thinking Canada is going to tell you to shove it up your ass when you try and take their land.

What are you doing to bring about the process of a few new nations?
I am not going to take their land. there are major provinces not Prog of Canada who are very American friendly. History tells us boundaries change. For decades all I hear is the southwest United States belongs to Mexico. But this is different. To me they would have more in common with the new nation formed then with who rules them now.

Goof!

I think you are a guy that whines a lot on the internet but does not do shit about anything in real life
Please tell me what YOU do?

Forum List

Back