Democrat Says Slavery Was “Right For The Time”

Capitalism ended slavery.

But the scum of the earth dimocraps are too stupid to understand that.

They're still stuck in feudalism and can't get out

Wait, you mean free markets ended slavery in many other western nations without a civil war?

Omg you're right!

"Free markets" caused slavery in the Americas. It's how sugar was grown in Brazil and the Caribbean; it's where tobacco came from in Virginia and the Carolinas; it's what begat cotton in the Mississippi "Delta".

What ended slavery was a public social shift driven by Abolitionism. This in spite of capitalism, slavery having provided an economic gold mine of sub-minimal labor costs. In short -- Slavery was cheaper. Nobody's profits were improved by Abolition.

I mean --- Duh.

"War is Peace"
"Ignorance is Strength"
"Captialism is Anti-Slavery"

Doublethink lives. :cuckoo:

523960_382313251808644_100000899177535_1122644_1845636660_n.jpg

Wait, you mean free markets ended slavery in many other western nations without a civil war?

Omg you're right!

"Free markets" caused slavery in the Americas. It's how sugar was grown in Brazil and the Caribbean; it's where tobacco came from in Virginia and the Carolinas; it's what begat cotton in the Mississippi "Delta".

What ended slavery was a public social shift driven by Abolitionism. This in spite of capitalism, slavery having provided an economic gold mine of sub-minimal labor costs. In short -- Slavery was cheaper. Nobody's profits were improved by Abolition.

I mean --- Duh.

You mean the industrial revolution didn't make it ridiculously expensive to house, feed and clothe slaves, instead of investing in a few machines?

I mean --- Duh.

Then what caused slavery in Egypt?

How about in China?

How about in Greece?

How about Rome?

How about India?

How about you're a stupid bitch

Capitalism STARTED slavery, as we know the form in the Americas. It was completely about a free labor pool to exploit sugar, tobacco, cotton and the like.

Crack a history book sometime before you dig yourself deeper.
Do you really think slavery started and only existed in America?

Why no, do you?

Who suggested that? Does the phrase "as we know the form in the Americas" just not show up on your screen?

Capitalism STARTED slavery, as we know the form in the Americas. It was completely about a free labor pool to exploit sugar, tobacco, cotton and the like.

What you say is true.
BUT can you take the next step and admit that Lincoln's attempt to "preserve the Union" was a thinly veiled attempt to powergrab those things you just listed?

Not the topic, is it?

Omg you're right!

I mean --- Duh.

You mean the industrial revolution didn't make it ridiculously expensive to house, feed and clothe slaves, instead of investing in a few machines?

Not in the South it sure didn't. What you've got there is a foundation of the latitudinal schism that laid the foundation for the Civil War. Before the IR, all the resources were effectively dominated by the South. The IR brought artificial resources to the North, which made it less dependent. The rest is bloody history.

I mean --- Duh.

Then what caused slavery in Egypt?

How about in China?

How about in Greece?

How about Rome?

How about India?

How about you're a stupid bitch

:dig:

A slave in the 1850 dimocrap controlled South cost $400 on average.

That is over $10,000 in today's money.

The advent of Steam Engines and Capitalism made slavery obsolete. But dimocrap scum are too stupid to know that/

dimocrap scum of the antebellum South were throwbacks to the old Manoral System of Europe.

They did not EMBRACE the American Ideal, they did NOT believe in the Constitution and they did NOT want to be part of America.

They are no different than today's dimocrap scum.

Today, they keep their slaves in the Inner Cities and only concern themselves with them when it's election time or when they want them to riot -- As they're doing in Baltiwhore right now.

dimocraps are the scum of the earth. Always have been

Had a Republican said this, oh my.

Had a republican say it, none of the pseudo-conservative teapers on thus forum would have a criticism...but the teapers would turn it into a race baiting, hate recruiting USMB style thread.

He still had a relevant point about economics, human value and consumerism.

Mass genocide based upon Eugenics is abhorrent, but how we deem human value through the property they own is sickening today as it was back then. But those thoughts are mutually exclusive. But since your primitive brain can't understand that, I wouldn't expect anything different.

What you say is true.
BUT can you take the next step and admit that Lincoln's attempt to "preserve the Union" was a thinly veiled attempt to powergrab those things you just listed?

Not the topic, is it?
The topic is how slavery was viewed and, subsequently, used to bolster our growing nation's economy.
Lincoln tried, and succeeded, benefiting from it is all I'm saying.
Yes, in our modern society, it's viewed as wrong. But only until Lincoln became the beneficiary of it.

Ironically, or maybe not, shortly afterwards it started to seem to be a bad idea for our citizens to be as well armed as our military

The advent of Steam Engines and Capitalism made slavery obsolete. But dimocrap scum are too stupid to know that/

Steam Engine? You're close.

Capitalism? Not exactly. Capitalism again created the situation for slavery and then as it progress created the situation for no need for slavery. So the idea of capitalism did not end slavery, in fact, it created it.

A slave in the 1850 dimocrap controlled South

The Republican Party didn't even exist in 1850, Dumbass. The Democratic Party, which is today the oldest political party in the world, controlled the South, the North and everything else that the declining Whigs couldn't get.

Capitalism? Not exactly. Capitalism again created the situation for slavery and then as it progress created the situation for no need for slavery. So the idea of capitalism did not end slavery, in fact, it created it.

One wonders what exactly these fricking goofballs think Africans were stuffed into ships for since the 1600s.
To create soul music?

One wonders what exactly these fricking goofballs think Africans were stuffed into ships for since the 1600s.
To create soul music?

For the impeding white genocide. Its coming, ask the KKK.

Forum List

Back