Democrat Joe Manchin: “Nobody Should Be Forced To Buy ObamaCare If It Costs More” (Vi

LA Times: Some health insurance gets pricier as Obamacare rolls out

Thousands of Californians are discovering what Obamacare will cost them — and many don't like what they see.

These middle-class consumers are staring at hefty increases on their insurance bills as the overhaul remakes the healthcare market. Their rates are rising in large part to help offset the higher costs of covering sicker, poorer people who have been shut out of the system for years.

Fullerton resident Jennifer Harris thought she had a great deal, paying $98 a month for an individual plan through Health Net Inc.

Now Harris, a self-employed lawyer, must shop for replacement insurance. The cheapest plan she has found will cost her $238 a month. She and her husband don't qualify for federal premium subsidies because they earn too much money, about $80,000 a year combined.

Pam Kehaly, president of Anthem Blue Cross in California, said she received a recent letter from a young woman complaining about a 50% rate hike related to the healthcare law.

"She said, 'I was all for Obamacare until I found out I was paying for it,'" Kehaly said.

Nearly 2 million Californians have individual insurance, and several hundred thousand of them are losing their health plans in a matter of weeks.

Blue Shield of California sent termination letters to 119,000 customers last month whose plans don't meet the new federal requirements. About two-thirds of those people will experience a rate increase from switching to a new health plan, according to the company.

Good. Now we will watch reasonable Dems and Pubs come together to work on getting ACA right.

You are only seeing the beginning of Dems bailing on Obamacare.
The website disaster is but a minor distraction to the real problem - the plans suck.
Just wait till we get closer to election time...Obama will have bus tracks all over him.

Yes. Congresspeople are responsive to their constituents more than anything else. Getting floods of calls and emails from them complaining about high cost and bad coverage will mean much more than getting leaned on by Nancy Pelosi or Obozo.
The plans suck. The law has forced companies to cancel policies for millions. The website is unusable. And finally the damn thing wont work because healthy young people will pay the penalty rather than fork over student loan repayment money.

The majority of Americans still dislike it.

If the Democratic party had not become so reactionary and moved so Left,
they would scrape this monstrosity and work for real reform.

But since the House lost a lot of the Blue Dog Democrats from supporting this unpopular
law, the Democrats have only become more Left wing and extreme.

Sad, well the good news is that with the mess PapaObama care is going to make
will help the GOP pick up seats.

People are going to hear what is happening with insurance from friends and family if not from the websites. They don't have to hear from politicians any longer. They knew how the parties stood. The Democrats created Obamacare and the Republicans fought against it, saying it was not what is was being sold as.

Now the people can find out for themselves if it is as good as what Obama said.

1. If you liked your insurance are you allowed to keep it?

2. If you have your insurance and you like it, you can keep it and it will not cost you any more than what you had?

3. If you had no insurance you are able to buy insurance at a reasonable rate.

4. You can continue to go to your own doctor if you like him.

What party represented you the best in terms of what you learned about Obamacare?

The Democrats and Obama ...yes, The insurance, premiums deductibles and coverage were what I was paying before, I was pleased.
... yes I had no insurance but was able to buy it at a reasonable rate
... yes, I can continue going to my own doctors.

The Republicans ...no, my insurance was cancelled and I had to buy other insurance at a higher rate
...no, my insurance was cancelled and I had to buy other insurance with less coverage that I could afford
...no, I didn't have insurance and make too much to afford to buy it.
...no, my insurance stands as it was but I need a new doctor.
...I no longer have insurance and the premiums, and deductibles are too high for the coverage.

Considering no lifetime cap, a yearly cap on patient spending, the guarantee, etc, of course they're better insurance. In blue states they are CHEAPER. GREAT JOB SCREWING UP THE WEBSITE AND competition in your states....

Our media is a gotcha, piling on, ratings only disgrace, our politicians cowards- not to mention the lying Pub propagandist...ay caramba...

Last edited:
Considering no lifetime cap, a yearly cap on patient spending, the guarantee, etc, of course they're better insurance. In blue states they are CHEAPER. GREAT JOB SCREWING UP THE WEBSITE AND competition in your states....

Our media is a gotcha, piling on, ratings only disgrace, our politicians cowards- not to mention the lying Pub propagandist...ay caramba...

Considering that you are an idiot, so what?

The only way to get it right is to get rid of it.

True
but the more moderate elements of the Democratic party, Blue-Dogs, were kicked out
for supporting Papa ObamaCare.

The Democratic party remains with the most reactionary elements of the Left at its core. Really no way to deal with them, it would best for the US if they just got voted out.
The only thing remaining is the reactionary left and apologists for Papa Obama

Last edited:
He better put on a flame retardant suit for work tomorrow..but good on him for coming out FOR THE PEOPLE in this country
a lot of links in article at site on this

SNIP:
Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) told George Stephanopoulos on This Week today,
“Nobody should be forced to buy Obamacare if it costs more.”

Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV): Nobody Should Be Forced To Buy ObamaCare If It Costs More - YouTube

According to the Manhattan Institute, on average, the cheapest plan offered in a given state, under Obamacare, will be 99 percent more expensive for men, and 62 percent more expensive for women, than the cheapest plan offered under the old system.

ALL of it here
Democrat Joe Manchin: ?Nobody Should Be Forced To Buy ObamaCare If It Costs More? (Video) | The Gateway Pundit

looks like he will be getting an "audit" from the IRS now

:eusa_whistle:

So Joe Manchin is the one Democrat who doesn't want insurance premiums to go up.

Good for him.

But let's make sure the American people know that red state DEMOCRAT Senators Mark Pryor, Mary Landrieu, Mark Begich, and Kay Hagan are OK with insurance premiums going up. I'm sure the voters in Arkansas, Louisiana, Alaska, and North Carolina would like to know where they stand.

The only way to get it right is to get rid of it.

^this

truth

but the extreme left remaining in the Democratic party
will 'fall on their swords" first. They put the party over the people; the extreme left always does

Besides, they would think nothing of sticking the US people with another
bad gov't program...
they have been doing it for years

Last edited:

Forum List

Back