Democrat Congressman Wants a Raise

Congressmen should make less per year than average citizens do. That their compensations are some four times greater is disgraceful.

morans.jpg

I realize not many are happy with our current representatives, but maybe we should look at this from a different angle. These people do have to pay for a second home in Washington, and they have additional expenses most of us do not incur. For those who already have money, this is not a problem, but that is a bit of the problem. The only people who run are those who already are financially set for life. Every once in a while we might see someone run who is not already very wealthy, but that is the exception and not the rule. The vast majority of people who would consider running for Congress can easily make much more money in the private sector.

A little history on Jim Moran. The mainstream media ignored it for years but it seems that Moran might be a violent drunk. Incidents of domestic abuse would have had any other member of congress kicked out but the media liked Moran. Even when he was involved in an altercation with an African American child who he suspected was about to carjack him (the kid wasn't even old enough to drive) and assaulted the poor kid the media downplayed it simply because he was a democrat and the kid's mother didn't press charges.

Maybe he can take all his skills into the private sector and get a job there.
I'm sure he a few favors for people along the way.

Last edited:
I realize not many are happy with our current representatives, but maybe we should look at this from a different angle. These people do have to pay for a second home in Washington, and they have additional expenses most of us do not incur. For those who already have money, this is not a problem, but that is a bit of the problem. The only people who run are those who already are financially set for life. Every once in a while we might see someone run who is not already very wealthy, but that is the exception and not the rule. The vast majority of people who would consider running for Congress can easily make much more money in the private sector.

I appreciate all of that and, fact is, that keeps the good people out. Thanks to gerrymandering and vote theft, the worst are there to stay. And good or bad, they work only 126 days a year and campaign the rest of the year.

Its the entire system that needs to be overhauled and that will never happen because they vote for their own raises and bennies.

I appreciate all of that and, fact is, that keeps the good people out. Thanks to gerrymandering and vote theft, the worst are there to stay. And good or bad, they work only 126 days a year and campaign the rest of the year.

Its the entire system that needs to be overhauled and that will never happen because they vote for their own raises and bennies.

They spend a good percentage of their time trying to get donations for next election. Public financing of election is a good start and I think voters from both parties would go for it. I really think they don't make all that much money. More money would create a larger pool of qualified people especially if the elections were financed by we the people. In my opinion anyway.

If the person is in it for the money then they are in it for the wrong reason.
174,000 plus expenses is a very fair wage especially with the amount of time they have off every year.
I am for a two term limit, I don't like them to get too comfortable and thinks it's a career. I want them to remember that it is a service to our country.....then go back to the farm.

Forum List

Back