Democrat Coakley Goes Thug

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
A reporter attempting to get clarifaction from would-be Democrat Senate candidate Martha Coakley regarding her comments that there were no more terrorists in Afghanistan, is pushed down on the sidewalk and then physically forced to show his press credentials by man who stated he "works for himself"

It is now believed the man in question was Coakley Campaign staffer Michael Meehan.
___

...After Coakley finished her answer, she began walking away from the restaurant, and I walked behind her asking why health care industry lobbyists were supporting her at the fundraiser. She didn't reply.

As I walked down the street, a man who appeared to be associated with the Coakley campaign pushed me into a freestanding metal railing. I ended up on the sidewalk. I was fine. He helped me up from the ground, but kept pushing up against me, blocking my path toward Coakley down the street.

He asked if I was with the media, and I told him I work for THE WEEKLY STANDARD. When I asked him who he worked for he replied, "I work for me." He demanded to see my credentials, and even though it was a public street, I showed them to him.

I eventually got around him and met up with the attorney general halfway down the block.

"Attorney General, could I ask you a question please?" I said. "We're done, thanks," Coakley replied. She walked back toward the restaurant, apparently searching for her car. She remained silent as I (politely) repeated my question.

Coakley staffers told me they didn't know who the man was who pushed me, though by every indication he was somehow connected to the campaign.

___

Video of incident:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8CdfQGlgVw[/ame]

We report, we get pushed | Washington Examiner

Reporters asking questions of politicians running for any public office should not be bashed by brutes. I am opposed to thugs in political positions. From what I have seen and experienced over the years this is typical of the Democratic party leaders and supporters.

Coakley doesn't want to answer any questions. Every time she opens her mouth, she drops in the polls. I do find it odd that she is in Washington, accepting campaign donations from the Health Care industry.
Of the 22 names on the host committee--meaning they raised $10,000 or more for Coakley--17 are federally registered lobbyists, 15 of whom have health-care clients. Of the other five hosts, one is married to a lobbyist, one was a lobbyist in Pennsylvania, another is a lawyer at a lobbying firm, and another is a corporate CEO. Oh, and of course, there's also the political action commitee for Boston Scientific Corporation.
COAKLEY1.JPG

All the leading drug companies have lobbyists on Coakley's host committee: Pfizer, Merck, Amgen, Sanofi-Aventis, Eli Lilly, Novartis, Astra-Zeneca, and more. On the insurance side of things, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Cigna, Humana, HealthSouth, and United Health all are represented on the host committee.Those HMOs (like Aetna) or drug companies who don't have lobbyists in Coakley's top tier of fundraisers? They're covered, because the host committee includes four lobbyists representing the Pharmaceutical Researchers and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA), two representing America's Health Insurance Plans (AHIP), and one representing the Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO)

So think of these top donors to health-care reform's 60th vote next time President Obama claims that he's battling the special interests in this battle. The army listed below is on Obama's side, and these clients will all benefit from "reform."

Here are some of Coakley fundraiser hosts with some of their current health care clients:

* Thomas Boggs, Patton Boggs: Bristol-Myers Squibb
* Chuck Brain, Capitol Hill Strategies: Amgen, BIO, Merck, PhRMA
* Susan Brophy, Glover Park Group: Blue Cross, Pfizer
* Steven Champlin, Duberstein Group: AHIP, Novartis, Sanofi-Aventis
* Licy Do Canto, Raben Group: Amgen
* Gerald Cassidy, Cassidy & Associates: U. Mass Memorial Health Care
* David Castagnetti, Mehlman, Vogel, Castagnetti: Abbot Labs, AHIP, Astra-Zenaca, General Electric, Humana, Merck, PhRMA.
* Steven Elmendorf, Elmendorf Strategies: Medicines Company, PhRMA, United Health
* Shannon Finley, Capitol Counsel: Amgen, Astra-Zeneca, Blue Cross, GE, PhRMA, Sanofi-Aventis.
* Heather Podesta, Heather Podesta & Partners: Cigna, Eli Lilly, HealthSouth
* Tony Podesta, Podesta Group: Amgen, GE, Merck, Novartis.
* Robert Raben, Raben Group: Amgen, GE.

If Coakley pulls it out, this is the crowd that will have brought her here. If health-care reform passes, this is the crew that will have won.

Read more at the Washington Examiner: Coakley in trouble? Pharma and HMO lobbyists to the rescue | Washington Examiner

Read more at the Washington Examiner: Coakley in trouble? Pharma and HMO lobbyists to the rescue | Washington Examiner
Aren't these companies supposed to be the bad guys? That is what Obama, Reid and Pelosi would have you believe. Yet, there they are, these evil corporations, giving massive amounts of cash to elect another Democrat to the Senate.

Move along kids, nothing to see here......:rolleyes:

And where does her opponent's money come from?

Don't deflect, jillian. It was the Obama Administration - and by association - the Democrats who have proclaimed from the mountain tops about the 'evil lobbyists'. Simply, no matter where Browns funding is coming from, that does not justify this.

She says she doesn't know what happened?

d44bf0_ktpcoakleypic.jpg

She's only... RIGHT THERE? :lol:
Coakley said she is not “privy” to the facts surrounding the incident involving reporter John McCormack last night, who wrote about the episode outside the Sonoma restaurant in Washington, D.C. in an online dispatch titled: “We Report, We Get Pushed.” The Wall Street Journal reported the Coakley fund-raiser at the Sonoma restaurant in Washington, D.C. was put on by health care industry lobbyists.
Coakley cites GOP ‘stalkers’ in D.C. dust-up - BostonHerald.com
Love that victim is now a GOP stalker. :lol:

Hmm... a dinner put on by health Care Lobbyists... :eusa_whistle:

:eusa_shhh:

It must really suck to be liberal.. walking around enraged all the time over everything.

All they talk about is hating, and killing, and silencing... it is truly a mental disorder.

Forum List

Back