Democrap Senators oppose obamacare

Apparently YOU can!

Sixteen Democratic senators who voted for the Affordable Care Act are asking that one of its fundraising mechanisms, a 2.3 percent tax on medical devices scheduled to take effect January 1, be delayed.

Opposing Obamacare IS made up and, hence, A LIE. Case closed.

Not so fast there, zippy. There are senators who voted yay for the tax who now oppose it and are asking for a delay of the start of the tax in the hopes of getting it yanked.

Echoing arguments made by Republicans against Obamacare, the Democratic senators say the levy will cost jobs — in a statement Monday, Sen. Al Franken called it a “job-killing tax” — and also impair American competitiveness in the medical device field.

Several of the senators, many of whom have medical device manufacturers in their states, have opposed the tax for a long time.

On Monday, Franken again expressed his opposition to the tax he voted for. “I want to repeal the medical device tax altogether,” the senator and former comedian said in a statement. “But I am concerned that we are running out of time before this job-killing tax goes into effect. So, for now, the best thing to do to ensure that this important industry continues to create jobs and producing life-saving devices is to delay this unwise tax.” Franken and other want Reid to include a provision to delay the tax in the ongoing fiscal cliff negotiations.

And you were saying something about GB being a liar? Please. :eusa_hand:

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Senate amendment would alter medical device tax | MassDevice - Medical Device Industry News
December 14, 2009 by MassDevice staff

An amendment to the Senate's healthcare reform bill would delay a tax on medical device manufacturers and exempt companies with less than $100 million in annual sales.

Two senators from states with hefty medical device clusters sponsored an amendment to healthcare reform legislation that would exempt companies with less than $100 million in annual sales from a proposed medical device tax, delaying its implementation until 2013.

The amendment is being sponsored by Sen. Evan Bayh (D-Ind.), along with Senators John Kerry (D-Mass.), Amy Klobuchar (D.-Minn.), Al Franken (D.-Minn.), Herb Kohl (D.-Wis.), Debbie Stabenow (D.-Mich.) and Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.).

They've been pretty consistent on this.

Apparently YOU can!

Sixteen Democratic senators who voted for the Affordable Care Act are asking that one of its fundraising mechanisms, a 2.3 percent tax on medical devices scheduled to take effect January 1, be delayed.

Not so fast there, zippy. There are senators who voted yay for the tax who now oppose it and are asking for a delay of the start of the tax in the hopes of getting it yanked.

Several of the senators, many of whom have medical device manufacturers in their states, have opposed the tax for a long time.

On Monday, Franken again expressed his opposition to the tax he voted for. “I want to repeal the medical device tax altogether,” the senator and former comedian said in a statement. “But I am concerned that we are running out of time before this job-killing tax goes into effect. So, for now, the best thing to do to ensure that this important industry continues to create jobs and producing life-saving devices is to delay this unwise tax.” Franken and other want Reid to include a provision to delay the tax in the ongoing fiscal cliff negotiations.

Zippy?!?! That would seem to be a bit of projection from someone with apparent reading problems. The OP said the senators opposed Obamacare, when they just opposed one of its tax provisions. That's a lie in my book. Do you get it now?

Maybe they should have READ it before they passed it.

A bunch of fucking feckless and inept retards running this country that we pay $170+/year. Only in America, eh?

Last edited:
Maybe they should have READ it before they passed it.

A bunch of fucking feckless and inept retards running this country that we pay $170+/year. Only in America, eh?

Yup and you can bet there are many more things in ACA that they are going to discover aren't very cost effective.

They should have read it before they passed it. Now we are stuck with that POS.

The ACA is going to be anything but affordable to those of us who actually have and pay for HC.

Last edited:
  • Banned
Asswipe, they are now opposing it after the medical industry lobby is getting in their face about job losses.

Amazing the shitstorm you fucks created, people losing their jobs, losing their healthcare benefits, insurance going up.....

Apparently YOU can!

• Banned
Asswipe, some Democraps also oppose Obamacare forcing Catholic hospitals/orgranizations to accept birth control, abortion, etc.

There is a reason why Democraps even obamination avoided bringing up obamacare in the last election.....they oppose it themsevles behind closed doors.

They understand they have fucked things up but can't admit they are fuck ups so they are going to let it blow up to see how they can blame Bush, the GOP, doctors, insurance companies, etc.

Apparently YOU can!

Zippy?!?! That would seem to be a bit of projection from someone with apparent reading problems. The OP said the senators opposed Obamacare, when they just opposed one of its tax provisions. That's a lie in my book. Do you get it now?

Asswipe, some Democraps also oppose Obamacare forcing Catholic hospitals/orgranizations to accept birth control, abortion, etc.

There is a reason why Democraps even obamination avoided bringing up obamacare in the last election.....they oppose it themsevles behind closed doors.

They understand they have fucked things up but can't admit they are fuck ups so they are going to let it blow up to see how they can blame Bush, the GOP, doctors, insurance companies, etc.

None of that amounts to opposing Obamacare. If you ask anyone if they agree with every single provision, you're going to get 100% nos. That still makes your title premise a LIE. Call me all the names you want. It doesn't change the fact that you're a LIAR!

Uh idiot, some Democraps are trying to stop the medical care device tax and they are trying to stop the medical "death panel" board that determines the entire payment system of obamacare.

You will soon see this come out, but you are uneducated right now because you rely on the liberal media. They are covering this shit up big time.

Eventually this is going to hit the floor in Congress as the GOP puts out bills to stop obamacare and many Democraps are going to jump on the bandwagon....

None of that amounts to opposing Obamacare. If you ask anyone if they agree with every single provision, you're going to get 100% nos. That still makes your title premise a LIE. Call me all the names you want. It doesn't change the fact that you're a LIAR!

Uh idiot, some Democraps are trying to stop the medical care device tax and they are trying to stop the medical "death panel" board that determines the entire payment system of obamacare.

You will soon see this come out, but you are uneducated right now because you rely on the liberal media. They are covering this shit up big time.

Eventually this is going to hit the floor in Congress as the GOP puts out bills to stop obamacare and many Democraps are going to jump on the bandwagon....

By the time Obamacare evolves and is refined and updated...it won't even look like Obamacare.

Thank God for that!

Apparently YOU can!

You quoted only a snippet of the article, the snippet which suited you, the snippet which implies that those senators ONLY want to delay the tax. They don't. They oppose it and want it gone, baby, gone. Convenient how you just zipped right over that part.

Your response to OP:

Pertinent part of the article you ignored:

I find it hypocritical of you to call the OP a liar then turn around and lie yourself by ignoring why they want the tax delayed ... because they oppose. Zippy.

Forum List

Back