Democracy made America ill, but can Democracy save us?

Rumpole

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2023
My dear members, ideological opponents on the right and friends on the left, it appears we have a most malignant growth festering in the very heart of our society – a dreadful cancer that threatens to consume the once-proud party of Lincoln. The MAGA movement, I daresay, has set the very foundation of our democracy ablaze, and one cannot deny the incontrovertible evidence of this calamity! I should think the facts of their lunacy is inescapable, indefatigable, immutable, incorrigible, and incontrovertible. But, I know my conservative/nationalist populist friends will disagree, so I invite all of you to feel free to contest these feelings about what I view are facts. And my liberal brethren, I welcome your affirmations and clarifications on any sentiment expressed herein. Yes, make no mistake, this is a rant, one that I can no longer hold within, and for it, I do not apologize.

Our hallowed democratic institutions, alas, possess their own inherent frailties. The esteemed Republicans, having cast their votes for their chosen representatives, willfully bestowed upon us a most conservative court. This court, in a display of unyielding partisanship, unleashed the wretched specter of Citizens United upon the land, thereby corrupting the sanctity of our electoral system via the influence of dark money. The Republicans, emboldened by this newfound power, not earned but seized, now strive to amass even greater influence and power. While they accuse Democrats of same, it is they who are the projectionists extraordinaire.

And while they cry foul, pointing to the transgressions of their Democratic counterparts, we must not forget that these instances of Democratic gerrymandering are but a reactionary measure (and nowhere near comparable in magnitude) to the Republicans' own sweeping and unparalleled machinations. This brazen manipulation extends far beyond the Senate (as if the systemic Republican Senatorial disproportionate representation in their favor wasn't enough) and now casts its dark shadow over the House of Representatives.

Democracy, frail as it may be, allowed this terrible malady to fester, and now, it is our only hope for salvation. America, my friends, is in the grip of a dire illness, the MAGA movement, a motley crew who, during the years of my youth, manifested in the bosom of the John Birch society, i.e., 'Birchers' as they were known, a faction of Republicans verisimilar in nature as today's MAGA movement, but were pushed to the sidelines by Conservative Granddaddy William F Buckley, whose ring all or most serious conservatives had to kiss if they desired success in the party. Alas, Buckley is resting in peace, and now the proverbial inmates have conquered the asylum with no filter like Buckley to stop them) noting that they, who, in Trump, have found their champion, that odious figure, that veritable bellows blowing his hideous hurricane and ill winds across the land, noting that it's peripheral eddies have infected other nations, as well.

One can only hope that the tireless efforts of other prosecutors, armed with a more robust case than that presented by Bragg, will soon bring about a much-needed reckoning. For, indeed, the sands of time are swiftly slipping away, and our beloved country teeters on the brink of ruin.

Alas, and let us pray that God, or......(pick your fave)

1. Allah (Islam)
  2. Yahweh (Judaism)
  3. Jehovah (Christianity)
  4. Elohim (Hebrew Bible)
  5. Brahman (Hinduism)
  6. Vishnu, Shiva, or Brahma (Hinduism)
  7. The Tao (Taoism)
  8. The Great Spirit (Native American spirituality)
  9. The Creator (various indigenous religions)
  10. The Absolute (philosophy and mysticism)
  11. The All (Hermeticism)
  12. The Divine (general term for a higher power)
  13. The Supreme Being (Deism)
  14. The Almighty (general term for an omnipotent deity)
  15. The Father (Christianity)
  16. The Holy Trinity (Christianity: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit)
  17. The Great Architect (Freemasonry)
  18. The Cosmos (pantheism)
  19. The Universe (pantheism)
  20. The One (Neoplatonism and Gnosticism)
  21. The Monad (Pythagoreanism and Gnosticism)
  22. The Demiurge (Gnosticism)
And last, but not least, but for some, the first.....

23. 'the Force'

...help us all.

Not-so-cheerful today but not-so-humbly tendered,
Rumpole

Last edited:
Democracy can only exist if the DNC is able to arrest and lock up their political opponents

Otherwise, democracy is in trouble.

Last edited:
My dear members, ideological opponents on the right and friends on the left, it appears we have a most malignant growth festering in the very heart of our society – a dreadful cancer that threatens to consume the once-proud party of Lincoln. The MAGA movement, I daresay, has set the very foundation of our democracy ablaze, and one cannot deny the incontrovertible evidence of this calamity! I should think the facts of their lunacy is inescapable, indefatigable, immutable, incorrigible, and incontrovertible. But, I know my conservative/nationalist populist friends will disagree, so I invite all of you to feel free to contest these feelings about what I view are facts. And my liberal brethren, I welcome your affirmations and clarifications on any sentiment expressed herein. Yes, make no mistake, this is a rant, one that I can no longer hold within, and for it, I do not apologize.

Our hallowed democratic institutions, alas, possess their own inherent frailties. The esteemed Republicans, having cast their votes for their chosen representatives, willfully bestowed upon us a most conservative court. This court, in a display of unyielding partisanship, unleashed the wretched specter of Citizens United upon the land, thereby corrupting the sanctity of our electoral system via the influence of dark money. The Republicans, emboldened by this newfound power, not earned but seized, now strive to amass even greater influence and power. While they accuse Democrats of same, it is they who are the projectionists extraordinaire.

And while they cry foul, pointing to the transgressions of their Democratic counterparts, we must not forget that these instances of Democratic gerrymandering are but a reactionary measure (and nowhere near comparable in magnitude) to the Republicans' own sweeping and unparalleled machinations. This brazen manipulation extends far beyond the Senate (as if the systemic Republican Senatorial disproportionate representation in their favor wasn't enough) and now casts its dark shadow over the House of Representatives.

Democracy, frail as it may be, allowed this terrible malady to fester, and now, it is our only hope for salvation. America, my friends, is in the grip of a dire illness, the MAGA movement, a motley crew who, during the years of my youth, manifested in the bosom of the John Birch society, i.e., 'Birchers' as they were known, a faction of Republicans verisimilar in nature as today's MAGA movement, but were pushed to the sidelines by Conservative Granddaddy William F Buckley, whose ring all or most serious conservatives had to kiss if they desired success in the party. Alas, Buckley is resting in peace, and now the proverbial inmates have conquered the asylum with no filter like Buckley to stop them) noting that they, who, in Trump, have found their champion, that odious figure, that veritable bellows blowing his hideous hurricane and ill winds across the land, noting that it's peripheral eddies have infected other nations, as well.

One can only hope that the tireless efforts of other prosecutors, armed with a more robust case than that presented by Bragg, will soon bring about a much-needed reckoning. For, indeed, the sands of time are swiftly slipping away, and our beloved country teeters on the brink of ruin.

1. Allah (Islam)
  2. Yahweh (Judaism)
  4. Elohim (Hebrew Bible)
  5. Brahman (Hinduism)
  7. The Tao (Taoism)

23. 'the Force'

...help us all.

Rumpole
NO, you fucking TROLL!!!!!
THIS is what made Americ ILL

Interviewer: The Soviets use the phase, “ideological subversion”. What do they mean by that?

Bezmenov: Ideological subversion is the process which is legitimate overt and open. You can see it with your own eyes. All you have to do, all the American mass media has to do is to unplug their bananas from their ears, open up their eyes and they can see. There’s no mystery. There’s nothing to do with espionage. I know espionage intelligence gathering looks more romantic, it sells more deodorants through their advertising, probably. That’s why your Hollywood producers are so crazy about James Bond type of thrillers. But in reality, the main emphasis of the KGB is not in the area of intelligence at all! According to my opinion, and the opinion of many defectors of my caliber, only about 15% of time, money and manpower is spent on espionage as such. The other 85% is a slow process which we call either ideological subversion or active measures, (2 Russian words, активные something, I couldn’t catch it) in the language of the KGB, or psychological warfare. What it basically means is, to change the perception of reality of every American to such as extent that in spite of the abundance of information no one is able to come to sensible conclusions in the interest of defending themselves, their families, their community and their country.

It’s a great brainwashing process which goes very slow and is divided into four basic stages, the first one being demoralization. It takes from 15 to 20 years to demoralize a nation. Why that many years? Because this is the minimum number of years which is required to educate one generation of students in the country of your enemy exposed to the ideology of your enemy. In other words, Marxism / Leninism ideology is being pumped into the soft heads of at least 3 generations of American students without being challenged or counterbalanced by the basic values of Americanism, American patriotism.

The demoralization process in the United States is basically completed already, for the last 25 years, actually it’s over fulfilled because demoralization now reaches such areas where previously not even Comrade Andropov and all his experts would even dream of such a tremendous success. Most of it is being done by Americans to Americans thanks to a lack of moral standards. As I mentioned before, exposure to true information does not matter any more. A person who is demoralized is unable to assess true information. The facts tell nothing to him. Even if I shower him with information, with authentic proof, with documents, with pictures, even if I take him by force to the Soviet Union and show him a concentration camp, he will refuse to believe it until he’s going to receive a kick in his fat bottom. When a military boot crushes his, then he will understand, but not before that. That’s the tragedy of the situation of demoralization.

The next stage is destabilization. This time, the subverter does not care about your ideas and the patterns of your consumption, whether you eat junk food and get fat and flabby, it doesn’t matter anymore. This time, and it takes only from 2 to 5 years to destabilize a nation, what matters is essentials, the economy, foreign relations, defense systems. And you can see quite clearly that in some areas in such sensitive areas as defense and economy, the influence of Marxist / Leninist ideas in the United States is absolutely fantastic. I could never believe it 14 years ago when I landed in this part of the world that the process will go that fast.

The next stage of course is crisis. It may take only up to 6 weeks to bring a country up to the verge of crisis. You can see them in Central America now.

And after crisis, with a violent change of power, structure and economy, you have a period of so called normalization. It may last indefinitely. Normalization is a cynical expression born from Soviet propaganda. When the Soviet tanks moved into Czechoslovakia in ’68, Comrade Brezhnev said, “Now the situation in brotherly Czechoslovakia is normalized!” This is what will happen in the United States if you allow all these smucks to bring the country to crisis, to promise people all kind of goodies and a paradise on earth, to destabilize your economy, to eliminate the principle of free market competition, and to put a Big Brother government in Washington D.C. With benevolent dictators like Walter Mondale who will promise lots of things, never mind whether the promises are fulfilled or not.
STEPHEN J. SNIEGOSKI • SEPTEMBER 1, 2003

"
In an apparent effort to illustrate political simple-mindedness, Carroll Quigley derisively wrote in his noted (at least by the John Birch Society) Tragedy and Hope, that the “same groups who were howling about Soviet espionage in 1948-1955 were also claiming that President Roosevelt expected and wanted Pearl Harbor.”[1] In a previous contribution to The Occidental Quarterly, I dealt with the latter; here I will do some “howling” about the former. According to what until recently has passed as conventional wisdom for the liberal establishment, America in the late 1940s and early 1950s was gripped by a terrible Red scare, a period of anti-Communist hysteria and witch hunts. Malicious “red-baiters” slandered innocent liberals as Communists in order to destroy the reforms of the New Deal and impede peace with the Soviet Union. At most, some of the more “anti-Communist” liberals would concede that there may have been a few Communist subversives, but nothing to justify the terrible anti-Communist overreaction, above all the antics of the demagogic Joe McCarthy. From the 1960s through the 1980s, one of the strongest taboos in American political discourse was the subject of Soviet influence within the United States.

During the 1990s, the release of the Venona documents (see p. 49) by the U.S. government and the partial opening of the Soviet archives forced establishment minds to a reconsideration. Yes, Virginia, there really were Communist spies in the United States during the so-called “McCarthy era.” In fact, it now appears that even the slandered and smeared “red-baiters” of the period were unaware of just how far Soviet Communist subversion had penetrated. It must be added that even during the period of the so-called “witch hunt” there was more than enough evidence to prove the reality of Soviet Communist spying to any objective person. But, of course, if one is going to pass for an “educated,” “respectable” person, objective thinking must be eschewed—it’s simply not a Darwinian survival trait in modern America.

From Lenin onward Soviet Communist leaders have preached the necessity of underground activities, with foreign governments the key target for infiltration. The evidence for this from many countries is overwhelming. Communists in government engaged in espionage and acted to influence policy in a pro-Soviet direction. Many of the individuals engaged in these activities were Communist Party members; others were fellow travelers, who despite their lack of party discipline, sought to advance the interests of Soviet Communism."

Democracy can only exist if the DNC is able to arrest and lock up their political opponents

Good thing the GOP lets them all walk and never has any prosecuted. :laughing0301:

2ahrxm.jpg

Votto,
Although I suspect your comment is expressed sarcastically, but, absent of body language to so affirm, I will reply to your comment taking it at face value, however wrong or right my interpretation is.

I must admit that I find your assertion most peculiar, indeed! Democracy, as we understand it, is a system of governance predicated upon the noble principles of liberty, fairness, and the equal representation of all citizens. To suggest that the very existence of democracy hinges upon the Democratic National Committee (DNC) possessing the power to incarcerate their political adversaries is, in my humble opinion, a rather astonishing leap.

Permit me to remind you that our cherished democratic institutions thrive on the foundation of a healthy and spirited exchange of ideas, wherein various factions are free to contend for the hearts and minds of the populace. The notion of one political party wielding the authority to arrest and imprison its opponents smacks of an unsettling authoritarianism, utterly at odds with the spirit of democracy.

In conclusion, Votto, as I do not know you, I must respectfully submit that your proposition is, at best, a misapprehension of the core tenets of democracy. Our beloved system of governance requires not the subjugation of dissenting voices, but rather their flourishing in a vibrant and open marketplace of ideas.

As for the incarceration of the unfortunate souls who commit crimes, only those who commit crimes should be incarcerated, a plight which should have nothing to do with political affiliations. I do hope, however your comment was intended to mean, you agree on this fundamental principle.

Cheers,
Rumpole

The problem is that the very institutions we have to depend on as a foundation on which we'd recover -- legal, judicial, legislative, electoral -- are under attack and are simply not accepted as authority by about 35% of the electorate.

These are the proverbial children destroying the sandbox for everyone because they think they're not getting their way.

vHHcC76.jpg

Last edited:
Votto,
Although I suspect your comment is expressed sarcastically, but, absent of body language to so affirm, I will reply to your comment taking it at face value, however wrong or right my interpretation is.

I must admit that I find your assertion most peculiar, indeed! Democracy, as we understand it, is a system of governance predicated upon the noble principles of liberty, fairness, and the equal representation of all citizens. To suggest that the very existence of democracy hinges upon the Democratic National Committee (DNC) possessing the power to incarcerate their political adversaries is, in my humble opinion, a rather astonishing leap.

Permit me to remind you that our cherished democratic institutions thrive on the foundation of a healthy and spirited exchange of ideas, wherein various factions are free to contend for the hearts and minds of the populace. The notion of one political party wielding the authority to arrest and imprison its opponents smacks of an unsettling authoritarianism, utterly at odds with the spirit of democracy.

In conclusion, Votto, as I do not know you, I must respectfully submit that your proposition is, at best, a misapprehension of the core tenets of democracy. Our beloved system of governance requires not the subjugation of dissenting voices, but rather their flourishing in a vibrant and open marketplace of ideas.

As for the incarceration of the unfortunate souls who commit crimes, only those who commit crimes should be incarcerated, a plight which should have nothing to do with political affiliations. I do hope, however your comment was intended to mean, you agree on this fundamental principle.

Cheers,
Rumpole
Forgive me. I was listening to the ultra right wing MAGA cultist that is the President of Mexico who said it was just a political witch hunt that goes on in banana republics.

Nor will I listen to the ultra right wing MAGA cultist that is the President of El Salvidor who said the same thing

It' won't happen again. Do you have any more of that there DNC cool aid to drink? I feel a tad thirsty.

rpgafh7klsc7mkx1okjd.jpg

1. Allah (Islam)
  2. Yahweh (Judaism)
  4. Elohim (Hebrew Bible)
  5. Brahman (Hinduism)
  7. The Tao (Taoism)

23. 'the Force'

...help us all.

Rumpole
CalledXpertNotCool.jpg

Democracy certainly saved Nazi Germany as they elected enough Nazis to take over the government.

All opposition was then either killed or arrested.

It should never be forgotten that everything that the NAZI's did in the Holocaust, was legal under German law. Because they passed the laws that legalized their behaviours.

It should never be forgotten that everything that the NAZI's did in the Holocaust, was legal under German law. Because they passed the laws that legalized their behaviours.
It should be noted that the Nazis came to power because degeneracy like trannies was being normalized and everyone was sick of it

1680788356630067.jpg

1680029513716463.jpg

The problem is that the very institutions we have to depend on as a foundation on which we'd recover -- legal, judicial, legislative, electoral -- are under attack and are simply not accepted as authority by about 35% of the electorate.

These are the proverbial children destroying the sandbox for everyone because they think they're not getting their way.

vHHcC76.jpg
Sounds like your personal dependency is the problem rather than that 35% whom aren't so beholden. You should work on that...

Forum List

Back