Dem insiders predict Biden won’t run

Statistikhengst

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2013
deep within the statistical brain!!
According to The Hill:

When the dust settles after Vice President Joe Biden’s flirtation with a presidential bid, Democratic insiders believe he’ll sit out 2016.

The majority of the more than a dozen party strategists who spoke to The Hill on the condition of anonymity don’t believeeitherthat Biden can surmount the difficulties of pulling together a top-flight organization so close to the Iowa caucuses or that Hillary Clinton has truly fallen low enough to give him a large enough opening.
“For all the bedwetting Democrat stories, there haven’t been this stampede of people who said they are going to leave the Clinton campaign or are upset,” said a Democratic strategist who worked on multiple presidential campaigns.

“She still remains very strong nationally and in the primary.”

Intrigue around a potential Biden bid has swelled amid concerns from some Democrats about her campaign and her standing in the polls that many attribute to the slow drip of controversy surrounding her private email server.

Clinton’s favorables have dipped to 41 percent in a new Gallup poll, and a recent Quinnipiac poll found that the majority of people associate a negative term with her.

No Republican has topped her in major national polling outside of a mid-August Fox News poll that showed Sen. Marco Rubio (Fla.) and former Gov. Jeb Bush (Fla.) with leads inside the margin of error. But her lead has narrowed against her GOP rivals.

I'm not so sure, and I would have no problem seeing Vice President Biden enter the race. Competition can be good within any party. I am still quite sure that Clinton is going to clinch the nomination.

But it's interesting that DEM insiders think he will not run. Wait and see.

I now feel he will not do it.
Doesn't look like he has the fire in the belly to go through the whole process.

This has to be confusing for right wingers. Last week they were positive that Obama was going to trash Hillary in favor of a Biden / Warren ticket. Now they might have to come up with another fantasy.

I think the Ds should just ignore the Constitution, as they do regularly and is now tradition, and just run Big Ears again.

I think the Ds should just ignore the Constitution, as they do regularly and is now tradition, and just run Big Ears again.
May as well keep him in office. At least you don't have to predict what the SOS will do. He'll do it his way.

"
According to The Hill:

When the dust settles after Vice President Joe Biden’s flirtation with a presidential bid, Democratic insiders believe he’ll sit out 2016.

The majority of the more than a dozen party strategists who spoke to The Hill on the condition of anonymity don’t believeeitherthat Biden can surmount the difficulties of pulling together a top-flight organization so close to the Iowa caucuses or that Hillary Clinton has truly fallen low enough to give him a large enough opening.
“For all the bedwetting Democrat stories, there haven’t been this stampede of people who said they are going to leave the Clinton campaign or are upset,” said a Democratic strategist who worked on multiple presidential campaigns.

Intrigue around a potential Biden bid has swelled amid concerns from some Democrats about her campaign and her standing in the polls that many attribute to the slow drip of controversy surrounding her private email server.

Clinton’s favorables have dipped to 41 percent in a new Gallup poll, and a recent Quinnipiac poll found that the majority of people associate a negative term with her.

No Republican has topped her in major national polling outside of a mid-August Fox News poll that showed Sen. Marco Rubio (Fla.) and former Gov. Jeb Bush (Fla.) with leads inside the margin of error. But her lead has narrowed against her GOP rivals.

I'm not so sure, and I would have no problem seeing Vice President Biden enter the race. Competition can be good within any party. I am still quite sure that Clinton is going to clinch the nomination.

"Mans got to know his limitations "...........

According to The Hill:

Oh yeah let's ask a bunch of Hillary supporters whether Biden can win or not.
You are truly a tool and a half. And not the sharpest one either.

Hillary is crashing and burning as we speak. The Dems will end up with Crazy Uncle Bernie as their nominee if they dont run Biden.
And then watch for Bernie to suffer an unexpected "heart attack" and be replaced by Warren.

According to The Hill:

Hillary is crashing and burning as we speak. The Dems will end up with Crazy Uncle Bernie as their nominee if they dont run Biden.
And then watch for Bernie to suffer an unexpected "heart attack" and be replaced by Warren.
I think Biden is still broke up after losing his son. Otherwise I believe he could beat Hillary.

According to The Hill:

I think Biden is still broke up after losing his son. Otherwise I believe he could beat Hillary.

Oh, I think he could get the nomination. Among Democrats he is loved and respected. And I also agree with you that the death of his son is probably too much of an emotional wound for him to seriously consider running.

According to The Hill:

Oh, I think he could get the nomination. Among Democrats he is loved and respected. And I also agree with you that the death of his son is probably too much of an emotional wound for him to seriously consider running.
I am certain you spoke to him about it.
Edwards' wife dying of cancer was not too much to prevent him from running.
Biden could easily pick up Obama's machine and Organizing for America and run with that. As Hillary craps out in the polls some of her main people could defect to a more electable Biden.

Forum List

Back