Congressman reminds Trump that only Congress can cut foreign aid

Centrista

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2018
Donald Trump has vowed to cut aid to Centran American countries if they don't get tough on caravans. But as US Representative Eliot L. Engel, (Ranking Member of the House Committee on Foreign Affairs) notes, Trump can't do that:

Fortunately, Congress—not the President—has the power of the purse, and my colleagues and I will not stand idly by as this Administration ignores congressional intent. My office has reached out to the Government Accountability Office, which is statutorily authorized to track acts of impoundment, to ensure that the President does not violate the Impoundment Control Act

Engel warns Trump against illegally withholding aid to Central America

Donald Trump has vowed to cut aid to Centran American countries if they don't get tough on caravans. But as US Representative Eliot L. Engel, (Ranking Member of the House Committee on Foreign Affairs) notes, Trump can't do that:

Fortunately, Congress—not the President—has the power of the purse, and my colleagues and I will not stand idly by as this Administration ignores congressional intent. My office has reached out to the Government Accountability Office, which is statutorily authorized to track acts of impoundment, to ensure that the President does not violate the Impoundment Control Act

Watch.

Watch.
I’m watching. I’ll give you a weekly update.

Watch.
I’m watching. I’ll give you a weekly update.

Congress approves the funding, they don't write the checks.

Well, since this being a midterm election week, I am sure Congress will deny any cuts in any foreign aid. A bunch of softies that rather could care less if America is being "invaded" by these illegals.

Well that dipshit Obamakov didn't need no stinking government and he created this cluster fuck. Trump has a pen and a phone too so he can call in the military and call Treasury and tell them to tell the countries the check is in the mail. wink, wink

Obama didn't have the authority to do the DACA executive order......but he did it anyway. Maybe Trump is going to be the same kind of president.

You scum love to see this country hurt.
Law and order, right Mike? You can’t say follow the law for one thing and not for another if you don’t want to be a hypocrite.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. We have never been faced with a party that will do anything to destroy their own country.
The left needs to be marched to our southern border and booted into Mexico on their way to Honduras where they can bond with the countrymen they so desire to share a nation with...

Last edited:
Law and order, right Mike? You can’t say follow the law for one thing and not for another if you don’t want to be a hypocrite.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. We have never been faced with a party that will do anything to destroy their own country.
The left needs to be marched to our southern border and booted into Mexico on their way to Honduras where they can bond with the countrymen they so desire to share a nation with...

Just think about that for a minute. I know you are used to repeating what you hear on right wing radio and TV but what possible purpose do you think half the country would have to destroy our own country? Do you think we all have allegiance to another country? Seriously, explain yourself.

Just think about that for a minute. I know you are used to repeating what you hear on right wing radio and TV but what possible purpose do you think half the country would have to destroy our own country? Do you think we all have allegiance to another country? Seriously, explain yourself.

Nationalists vs Globalists. I don't even have to discern which party is which.
One wants to make America great again, the other wants open borders to catapult us into Hemisphere 1. Then there are the stupids who don't know what Hemisphere 1 even is....:eusa_doh:

Last edited:

One wants to make America great again, the other wants open borders to catapult us into Hemisphere 1. Then there are the stupids who don't know what Hemisphere 1 even is....:eusa_doh:

Sorry. We all don't listen to Alex Jones and all those other conspiracy theory crazies.

Sorry. We all don't listen to Alex Jones and all those other conspiracy theory crazies.

I don't either, but if you don't like him, I may start...
As for conspiracies, shh, there is no Soros backed invasion #2 headed our way to smash through our border. We're just pretending... ;)

What does a state of emergency entitle the presidentvto do.

This is just more evidence that Democrats cannot remain in any part of our government.

Wow, he managed to overreact AND be hypocritical all at once. Bravo! :clap:

You think they are destroying our country they think they are saving the country. Those statements are meaningless. But it is telling that you use the ol deprecate times call for desperate measures excuse to compromise on your principles and justify your hypocrisy

I've compromised nothing. And I have never wavered from my position.

I want you to give me a cut off #. Or is there one? Is it a come one , come all? A steady stream? Because that is Deep State's end goal. What will prevent the next caravan from achieving their goal too? Maybe we should ask Hungary or Sweden or the others who have invited foreigners in to take over, how they feel about the idea now...

If these poor refugees are running from tyranny, oppression, drug lords, and poverty or are just in search of a better life, why isn't it OUR FLAG they are waving?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back