Congressman reminds Trump that only Congress can cut foreign aid

There are still steps he could take. Ask for a vote and blast the names of everyone voting against cutting aid.

Donald Trump has vowed to cut aid to Centran American countries if they don't get tough on caravans. But as US Representative Eliot L. Engel, (Ranking Member of the House Committee on Foreign Affairs) notes, Trump can't do that:

Fortunately, Congress—not the President—has the power of the purse, and my colleagues and I will not stand idly by as this Administration ignores congressional intent. My office has reached out to the Government Accountability Office, which is statutorily authorized to track acts of impoundment, to ensure that the President does not violate the Impoundment Control Act

Engel warns Trump against illegally withholding aid to Central America
Good. Now we know who to hang when that caravan breaks through the open border left by the communists.

I've compromised nothing. And I have never wavered from my position.

I want you to give me a cut off #. Or is there one? Is it a come one , come all? A steady stream? Because that is Deep State's end goal. What will prevent the next caravan from achieving their goal too? Maybe we should ask Hungary or Sweden or the others who have invited foreigners in to take over, how they feel about the idea now...

If these poor refugees are running from tyranny, oppression, drug lords, and poverty or are just in search of a better life, why isn't it OUR FLAG they are waving?
That “give me a #” talking point is old and stale. Your other point about waiver our flag, yes I agree with that, I’d hope they would wave our flag... all we can do is the best we can with the resources that we have. That’s it. Make our border as secure as we can, vet as many people as we can, as quickly as we can, and as efficiently as we can.

Donald Trump has vowed to cut aid to Centran American countries if they don't get tough on caravans. But as US Representative Eliot L. Engel, (Ranking Member of the House Committee on Foreign Affairs) notes, Trump can't do that:

Fortunately, Congress—not the President—has the power of the purse, and my colleagues and I will not stand idly by as this Administration ignores congressional intent. My office has reached out to the Government Accountability Office, which is statutorily authorized to track acts of impoundment, to ensure that the President does not violate the Impoundment Control Act

Wrong again;

Federal aid is distributed under the authority of the State Department who is headed by....... President Donald Trump... Guess who can kill federal aid or give it, within the budget constraints that congress set up? Just because Congress gives you money does not mean you have to spend it. That is the administrations purview...

Another DimocRAT who refuses to accept things the way they work.

Congress votes the funds - the Executive Branch disperses it when and if it feels it to be appropriate.

In other words, the president can simply order the State Department to withhold the funds at any time he wishes.

Another DimocRAT who refuses to accept things the way they work.

Congress votes the funds - the Executive Branch disperses it when and if it feels it to be appropriate.

In other words, the president can simply order the State Department to withhold the funds at any time he wishes.

That's basically it.

But, I'm starting to believe they are contemplating something more drastic.

Notice...that Trump hasn't placed a limit on the number of Troops he would send to the border.

Notice...that Trump has used the phrase..."A State of National Emergency"
many times lately.

He has been advised to subtly alert the American people tht he is going to
enact a state of national emergency along our entire Southern Underbelly.

Placing no limitation on the number of troops might suggest declaring a
state of Martial law for a particular zone. Ex: Border extending 25 miles
North. He would need MP's to enforce the law in American Border Cities.

He has the cover for these actions. 29 million reported illegals already
in the Country. News footage of any Army marching toward the Country.
A Congress not willing to pass Immigration Laws. He is well within his
authority to impose these laws. His cover for denying aid would be, we
give those shithole countries aid to help them take care of their citizens and
obviously they are not doing it.

Under Martial Law we don't have to abide by our normal immigration laws.
We could grab illegals and toss them right back across that river.

It would be interesting to see if he would go all the way and close all
the border entry points to all traffic, which would include legals.
It would keep American tourists out of Mexico and it would deny Mexicans
who still reside in Mexico, but work in the US daily from getting to work.

The Mexican Government would be pressured by their own people to get
that Central American scum out of their Country.

I doubt he would do this...this close to the election, but he might begin
the mobilization of the troops and leak their possible deployment to the
border. After Nov 6th...He would act.

That other smaller caravan got in. He's not going to allow that to happen
with this mob. Especially because those folks along the way, have already
said in interviews that they know the law...we can't stop them from getting in...boasting of overpowering guards at the Mexican Border, whatever...

btw...Although he may use some National Guard to bolster presence he
would send Regular Army or Marines to the border to make a bigger
splash.

And if we ever want this crap to end...this is probably the way to do it.
The Central American countries learn that they are responsible for their
citizens...not us. The Mexicans would learn that we will dump them back
in their laps and create issues with their own people. Congress will have
to update these laws. The cartels would learn, with updated laws, that they
cannot use illegals to send the Border Patrol in one direction and then
smuggle their drugs in thru an area vacated by the Border Patrol to assist
an area being flooded with illegals.

It'll be interesting to see what eventually happens.

Forum List

Back