Dem Booed Over Birth Control at Town Hall

The GOP didn't make birth control an issue, that was democrats. They made the whole controversey up out of whole cloth.

Bull Shit.

As far as the left is concerned, this issue would have passed quietly into the night, with everyone having access to contraception, as part of their health plan, who wanted it.

It was the right who started screaming about it, and you know that very well, so you should just give up the propaganda.

They are happy to pay for it? Want to bet?

Yes. Yes I would.

If you can find an example of some mouthpiece for one of the companies saying otherwise, then it is just someone trying to smooth things over with church officials.

No corporation is going to not provide a service that will cut costs. To do so would be a betrayal of the shareholders.

Forcing those who don't want your products to purchase them is tyranny. Totally.

Is that a retreat for your slavery hysterics? Just wondering if upon reading it even you realized how absurd your arguments have become.

That doesn't change my slavery or my revolution statements in the least.

You are attempting to force employers to purchase products they don't want. I would say that constitutes tyranny.

Immie

The GOP didn't make birth control an issue, that was democrats. They made the whole controversey up out of whole cloth.

Bull Shit.

As far as the left is concerned, this issue would have passed quietly into the night, with everyone having access to contraception, as part of their health plan, who wanted it.

It was the right who started screaming about it, and you know that very well, so you should just give up the propaganda.

your argument sounds a lot like the blaming the victim of rape
for how she was dressed

Papa Obama stepped into it, big time
Gave the right a another issue to use and
show his radical ways

He never would have tried to step back from his HHS dictate
if it was otherwise

Sorry
but that is just the way it is .,..

Last edited:
There is a funny thing about choice isn't there? When you are actually allowed to make a choice rather than have the government make it for you.

Too bad the only choice liberals want people to be able to make is the choice to have an abortion.

Immie

What are you even talking about?

Are you really trying to claim that Liberals are trying to force people to have abortions?

ROFL. That is clearly not the case. Nor has it EVER been the case.

On the other hand, conservatives are in fact, specifically, trying to force people not to use contraception.

But of course, in the minds of folks on the right, it's apparently liberals who are trying to take away people's "freedoms". What a joke.

You have really lost your mind on this. conservatives aren't trying to force anyone to not use contraception, we're trying to make it so you fucking libtards can't force us to PAY for it!

Fucking lying idiot!!

Forcing those who don't want your products to purchase them is tyranny. Totally.

Is that a retreat for your slavery hysterics? Just wondering if upon reading it even you realized how absurd your arguments have become.

Funny how you took the time to edit out his question rather then answer it, or simply ignore it.

I don't blame him. It is a personal question and he is under no obligation to answer it.

Had this been a court of law and I a lawyer asking that question, I am fairly certain I would have heard, "Objection" "Sustained" right after asking it.

But the jury would have heard it. ;)

Immie

Isn't liberty and freedom job one for the conservative crowd. And yet, some are willing to follow a Pope or Bishop or priest without question. Why do conservatives believe in freedom and liberty for the individual and yet subject themselves to a collective, and an Authoritarian Church?

Oh, so now we can't choose which, if any, religion to follow?

Hell's teeth, you left wingers think you get to control every fucking thing.

And with the way things are going, don't you think they have some pretty good evidence to make their case?

Immie

It's the hypocrisy that I can't abide. I'm getting sick and tired of their fucking bleating, truth be told.

It is a failed argument to call something birth control, when it takes place after the egg and sperm have united.

And what 'alternative' is that? Obama's pronouncement that they HAVE TO provide for it when he doesn't have that power?

The "alternatives" would be abortion or childbirth.

Which would be much more expensive than birth control.

To a corporation, profit and cost are the only motivators.

The left is not being attacked for supporting greater access to contraception. That is extremely decietful on your part. The left is being attacked for attempting to force businesses, in this case religious businesses to purchase a product they don't want to purchase.

No, they are not. They are asking insurers to pay for it themselves. If the Catholic Church wants to become a Health Insurance company, and choose what they want to provide themselves, then you would have a case.

But of course, they wouldn't, because if they did, they would lose their tax-exempt status.

No one is saying that people can't have access to contraception.

As previously stated, no-one on this thread perhaps, but lots of peopl are in fact trying to deny people contraception.

What you are saying is that a business that would otherwise not choose to pay for its employee's access to contraception must pay for it. The business have not stated that employees could not purchase their own contraceptives, just that the employer is not going to pay for it. Funny, thing, how your side as insinuated yourselfs into very personal business decisions.

Immie

The business in question is not the Church, it is the insurer. It is the Church that is attempting to force insurers to provide insurance that is more costly for them. Insurers are more than happy to provide contraception to lower their costs.

You know something, the church and its affiliated business may very well be willing to pay additional NOT to have that "benefit" included because they are that concerned about it. They would have that right to do so if the left were not so insistant that they know what is best for everyone else.

Immie

Bull Shit.

That is right. As far as the left is concerned everyone should give up their personal liberties and let the left decide what is best for us all.

Immie

Last edited:
Insurers are paying for nothing they will pass the increased costs onto the people paying premiums.

There are no "increased costs", there are specifically "Decreased Costs" when birth control is provided.

Heart disease fact sheet | womenshealth.gov

Oh really? None at all? This is just a quick look. I'm sure I can find more.

As a matter of fact that was quick:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2009/aug/14/contraceptive-pills-blood-clot-risk

Last edited:
Insurers are paying for nothing they will pass the increased costs onto the people paying premiums.

There are no "increased costs", there are specifically "Decreased Costs" when birth control is provided.

If you are too stupid to realize that fact and can't go out and purchase birth control it really isn't anyone's fault but you. Don't look to some religions as your bank to pay for it. They have legitimate issues with it.

This isn't going away. When the main campaigning begins Obama is going to be running for cover.

So how many unintended pregnancies will be prevented?
How have these unintended pregnancies added to the cost function
of insurance companies?

CNN's results are roughly the same as two other recent polls: Rasmussen found that voters opposed Obama's policy 50% to 39%, and Pew found that voters opposed the policy 48% to 44%.

the telling factor was Papa Obama trying to step back from the
original HHS mandate- they know they stepped in it big
If their internal polls showed different- they would have done nothing

The wording of the question produced the alternate results.

In the CBS/New York times poll, people were asked if they approved of the insurers paying for birth control, which is the actual Obama compromise policy.

While in the alternate polls, that information was not provided, and people were asked to comment based on what they had heard in the news.

So how many unintended pregnancies will be prevented?
How have these unintended pregnancies added to the cost function
of insurance companies?
The left essentially wants caution thrown to the wind...and when they forget to excercise it? It's up to others to pay for.

Forum List

Back