Dem Booed Over Birth Control at Town Hall

Got to love the sight of social conservatives railing against birth control

Who is railing against birth control?

No one.... just that they find the real issue... that of liberty... to be rather uncomfortable. Supporting liberty mean sacrificing their agenda. The left don't value liberty... it's their 'freedom for me, but not for thee' attitude.
Liberty for the left is the petulant OWS crapping on squadcars and the flag...occupying real-estate illegally.

Not even the most optimistic Democrat could have seriously hoped that the GOP would make birth control an issue,

by coming out against it.
And this whole issue is manufacured in whole cloth BY Democrats to distract the rest of the country from Obama's failures on the economy...

It was the Right that started bitching about it.

Well, you see, when the president violates the Constitution many of us tend to have a problem with that. I realize you people don't because the Constitution is an obstacle to your agenda of government controlling everyone's lives from cradle to grave.

Yea....insurance sucks like that

You end up paying for a lot of shit that others use but you don't need

I know. The easy answer would be for insurance companies to be allowed to provide coverage that does not include birth control. Simple. But of course, that's not acceptable to the left.... you want the fucking government involved in every single aspect of every single American's lives.

When one gets 62% of their funding from the federal government? Yeah the Feds get a say in the matter. You dont want to cover BC and get that funding? Don't accept said funding and their will be no issue.

This isnt about freedom of speech, but thats what you need it to be about because you have nothing otherwise.

Do you know WHY they get that money from the government?

Because they get more DONE with it than the government could do.

Not even the most optimistic Democrat could have seriously hoped that the GOP would make birth control an issue,

And this whole issue is manufacured in whole cloth BY Democrats to distract the rest of the country from Obama's failures on the economy...

I stand with Don't Taze me...WE have a huge problem when the sitting POTUS starts telling individuals, that they MUST adhere to his agenda regardless of the Constitution.

Adn then seeing the angst he created gives a faux apology and tells another group of individuals that they must...

This President doesn't have that power...but YOU somehow think that he does...and you call US out for calling him on his abuse of power? Really Gracie?:eusa_hand:

Well, you see, when the president violates the Constitution many of us tend to have a problem with that. I realize you people don't because the Constitution is an obstacle to your agenda of government controlling everyone's lives from cradle to grave.

Same old shit...

When someone who disagrees with your political views is Constitutionally elected he must be violating YOUR Constitution

Oh, so what you are saying is that if freedoms are being extinguished by an over-abusive government that people should just ignore that?

No one, I repeat, no one is complaining about contraception. The complaints are about government interfering with personal liberties.

Not that one would expect Democrats to defend personal liberties, mind you.

Immie

Last edited:
Yeah, this is a funny assed thread.

Know why?

Because, statistically, I'd be willing to bet good money that every single person on this board uses, or has used, contraception.

Every. Single. Person.

And to those who say you haven't? You're fucking liars.

Yeah, this is a funny assed thread.

Know why?

Because, statistically, I'd be willing to bet good money that every single person on this board uses, or has used, contraception.

Every. Single. Person.

And to those who say you haven't? You're fucking liars.

Which of us have demanded that the government or our employers pay for it?

Using it is one thing. Demanding it be given to you because you DESERVE it is something completely different.

Immie

I liked it better when the left was screaming about abortion in order to get their base riled up. At least that wasn't as ridiculous as this whole "the right wants to take away your contraception" thing. Now while I have no proof of this, I'd be willing to bet that 99% of people who have sex use contraception at one time or another, righties included. Why would they want to take away the very thing they more than likely use? As has been said, the issue is simply one where you should pay for your own contraception if you want to have sex. I don't see why that's such a big deal. But, then again, I'm not exactly on "the left" so that might be affecting my viewpoint.

Same old shit...

When someone who disagrees with your political views is Constitutionally elected he must be violating YOUR Constitution

Sure is...

Since when does one being constitutionally elected give
them carte blanche to do whatever they want ?

He knows this. They all know it, but you see, they can't be honest about it because they know their position is anti-freedom (quite ironic for people who claim to be liberals) so they have to be intellectually dishonest about those of us who are actually trying to stand up for real freedom.

Freedom to do what?

Prevent people from using birth control? That's not a "Freedom", it's the ability to take away freedom.

You sound like the South before the civil war, crowing about people taking away their "freedom" to own slaves, and apparently completely oblivious to the contradiction contained in said statement.

I love the Orwellian thinking that works it's way into the right's propaganda:

"WE WANT THE FREEDOM TO TAKE AWAY OTHER PEOPLE'S FREEDOMS.

AND IF YOU'RE AGAINST THAT, YOU'RE AN ENEMY OF FREEDOM."

He knows this. They all know it, but you see, they can't be honest about it because they know their position is anti-freedom (quite ironic for people who claim to be liberals) so they have to be intellectually dishonest about those of us who are actually trying to stand up for real freedom.

Freedom to do what?

Prevent people from using birth control? That's not a "Freedom", it's the ability to take away freedom.

You sound like the South before the civil war, crowing about people taking away their "freedom" to own slaves, and apparently completely oblivious to the contradiction contained in said statement.

I love the Orwellian thinking that works it's way into the right's propaganda:

"WE WANT THE FREEDOM TO TAKE AWAY OTHER PEOPLE'S FREEDOMS.

AND IF YOU'RE AGAINST THAT, YOU'RE AN ENEMY OF FREEDOM."

What freedom?

Pay for your own condoms and pills

Orwellian is
the left trying to make an issue about condoms
when our nation has real problems

Almost like you don't want to talk about Papa Obama's record
Funny how that works

Last edited:
Which of us have demanded that the government or our employers pay for it?

Using it is one thing. Demanding it be given to you because you DESERVE it is something completely different.

Immie

No-one is "Demanding" that anyone pay for it.

Insurers are happy to pay for it themselves, BECAUSE IT'S LESS COSTLY THAN THE ALTERNATIVES.

Insurers make more profit, if they provide birth control. Duh.

Got to love the sight of social conservatives railing against birth control

One of the evils of modern society

There was a time when Americans embraced freedom.... for everyone. What happened to that concept?

You want access to birth control? No problem. Just don't expect me to pay for it. That's freedom. I live my way. You live yours. I won't take your money, you don't take mine.

Ain't about birth control, it's about freedom.

Yea....insurance sucks like that

You end up paying for a lot of shit that others use but you don't need

Insurance only sucks like that when the government steps in to help us save money. Insurance was never meant to cover routine expenses or elective surgery.

There was a time when Americans embraced freedom.... for everyone.

When was that?

Pretty much until some assclown (with the initials LBJ) became POTUS.

Interesting

So you enjoyed the "freedom" before 1963

Where black children were not free to go to school with whites
Where women were restricted from holding "mens" jobs
Where gays could be beaten if their sexual orientation was found out

No....but you had to give up your freedom when the nasty Gubment started looking out for poor people

Isn't liberty and freedom job one for the conservative crowd. And yet, some are willing to follow a Pope or Bishop or priest without question. Why do conservatives believe in freedom and liberty for the individual and yet subject themselves to a collective, and an Authoritarian Church?

That might be a valid argument if, for example, I was a Catholic. As it is, it just makes you look desperate, which is not all that hard to do.

Forum List

Back