Deism vs Atheism

Sep 27, 2008
West Virginia
This thread will be a debate between Deism (belief in a God based off scientific facts) and Athiesm. This means no talk of Christian Ideas AT ALL just based off of complete scientific facts.

I would go toward Deism. There is no scientific fact that life was created by evolution. Evolution is a theory that acts on already living organisms; it does not and can not create life. Scientist have been trying for over a century to create life in a labratory, and if they can't create life in a lab how can they expect people to believe it just happened accidently. No where else in Science and Nature has anything happened, because of accidents. It's science's job to explain why things happen and saying it just happened is not explaining it, which is what they do with the big bang also.

I seen all the theories of the big bang and too me it seems completely ridiculous. To say the whole universe was created by a massive explosion that happened because four supercharged atoms that came out of nowhere collided is not explaining anything it shouldn't even be a theory. Something can't come from nothing. That is a basic law of science, and as long as scientist can't explain what was before the universe and what created it there is no proof of Atheism.

The whole point of this thread is to prove that their is no scientific proof that Atheism is the correct belief. If someone can prove it I would like to hear it or see it. Please no Christianity in this debate. I am a Christian and I am willing to admit their is no science in it. This is purely wether you believe or don't believe in a God based off of science.

You an Athiest. Why can't athiest debate the issues without hurling insults. This is a legitmate thread debate and all you people can do is talk trash. It's uneducated jackass's like you that are wrong with this country. You got nothing better to do than post insults on the internet, get a life. Some people actually use their intelligence to debate real issues, all you people care about is homosexuals. It looks like I need to go to a different site. It's sad that the U.S. message boards have so small a # of members. now I see why.

You an Athiest. Why can't athiest debate the issues without hurling insults. This is a legitmate thread debate and all you people can do is talk trash. It's uneducated jackass's like you that are wrong with this country. You got nothing better to do than post insults on the internet, get a life. Some people actually use their intelligence to debate real issues, all you people care about is homosexuals. It looks like I need to go to a different site. It's sad that the U.S. message boards have so small a # of members. now I see why.

I really have to ask.. What did you expect when you proceeded to dictate who could reply, and in what manner they could reply?

I was trying to have a debate about wether science proves or disproves that we were created by a God. I said no Christian comments, because then it just becomes a big insult fest, but I guess your right I did dictate the terms. However, it is impossible to debate religion in America. We are to emotional and stupid too. Just how this how Religion board is filled with ridiculous hate for homosexuals. I'm seriously considering leaving this country, because something is very wrong with it.

This thread will be a debate between Deism (belief in a God based off scientific facts) and Athiesm. This means no talk of Christian Ideas AT ALL just based off of complete scientific facts.

I would go toward Deism. There is no scientific fact that life was created by evolution. Evolution is a theory that acts on already living organisms; it does not and can not create life. Scientist have been trying for over a century to create life in a labratory, and if they can't create life in a lab how can they expect people to believe it just happened accidently. No where else in Science and Nature has anything happened, because of accidents. It's science's job to explain why things happen and saying it just happened is not explaining it, which is what they do with the big bang also.

I seen all the theories of the big bang and too me it seems completely ridiculous. To say the whole universe was created by a massive explosion that happened because four supercharged atoms that came out of nowhere collided is not explaining anything it shouldn't even be a theory. Something can't come from nothing. That is a basic law of science, and as long as scientist can't explain what was before the universe and what created it there is no proof of Atheism.

The whole point of this thread is to prove that their is no scientific proof that Atheism is the correct belief. If someone can prove it I would like to hear it or see it. Please no Christianity in this debate. I am a Christian and I am willing to admit their is no science in it. This is purely wether you believe or don't believe in a God based off of science.

OK fine, science doesn't prove that atheists are right. Can you explain to me how it proves deists are right?

It doesn't prove they are right. I was just stating why I think it is right, because it's what I believe. Now Athiest were supposed to tell me why think it doesn't prove their is a God. Everything doesn't have to be right or wrong. That is the premise of a debate.

However, if you want to know why I think it does prove their is a God is because of the complexity of nature and science. Think about all the laws of physics, thermodynamics, and the many other laws of nature. Laws are things intelligent beings make to keep order in the world. If their were no governments there would be anarchy throughout the world. People who have intelligence make them to keep order. Just as the laws of science and nature were made to keep order in our universe. Compicated things like the universe aren't accidents and they don't just happen. Someone or Something or things would have to create it. I don't know necesarilly what did, I believe God did, but their is no way to know for sure. Just as their is no way to know for sure the Universe wasn't a accident (maybe it was). I just want to debate this topic with people of intelligence who can have a arguement without getting bentout of shape.

Last edited:
It doesn't prove they are right. I was just stating why I think it is right, because it's what I believe. Now Athiest were supposed to tell me why think it doesn't prove their is a God. Everything doesn't have to be right or wrong.

However, if you want to know why I think it does prove their is a God is because of the complexity of nature and science. Think about all the laws of physics, thermodynamics, and the many other laws of nature. Laws are things intelligent beings make to keep order in the world. If their were no governments there would be anarchy throughout the world. People who have intelligence make them to keep order. Just as the laws of science and nature were made to keep order in our universe. Compicated things like the universe aren't accidents and they don't just happen. Someone or Something or things would have to create it. I don't know necesarilly what did, I believe God did, but their is no way to know for sure. Just as their is no way to know for sure the Universe wasn't a accident (maybe it was). I just want to debate this topic with people of intelligence who can have a arguement without getting bentout of shape.

In other words, you don't understand everything and you're as smart as they come, so that means there must be a God. Got it.

Nobody gives a fuck so fuck off.:D

ROFLMNAO... Isn't it cool how the Advocates of Social Science; the purveyors of compassion and 'understanders' of the differing opinions/ideas of others are so quick to demonstrate their tolerant and compassionate tendencies?

Scientific proof of God is everywhere... that humanity hasn't the intellectual means to connect the dots doesn't establish a sound scientific basis to determine otherwise.

With that said, I think the OP was well intended, but did not establish a sound basis in reasoning from which the point it struck out to establish can be supported.

Faith is a function of believing in or 'knowing' that which can't be proven... the premise of the OP plays a dangerous game with the most serious issue and could serve to sway a soul away from the Father on specious grounds.

Be very careful here...

ROFLMNAO... Isn't it cool how the Advocates of Social Science; the purveyors of compassion and 'understanders' of the differing opinions/ideas of others are so quick to demonstrate their tolerant and compassionate tendencies?

Scientific proof of God is everywhere... that humanity hasn't the intellectual means to connect the dots doesn't establish a sound scientific basis to determine otherwise.

With that said, I think the OP was well intended, but did not establish a sound basis in reasoning from which the point it struck out to establish can be supported.

Faith is a function of believing in or 'knowing' that which can't be proven... the premise of the OP plays a dangerous game with the most serious issue and could serve to sway a soul away from the Father on specious grounds.

Be very careful here...

Yes I know the dangers of talking like this thank you for warning me. I just want to have debates with athiest, but they never seem to do anything except insult Christianity. Now, these people just come in and be smartass's and sarcastic, but none of them has even stated a single opinion. It just proves it isn't all our governments fault Americans can't talk to each other like they got sense either.

Yes I know the dangers of talking like this thank you for warning me. I just want to have debates with athiest, but they never seem to do anything except insult Christianity. Now, these people just come in and be smartass's and sarcastic, but none of them has even stated a single opinion. It just proves it isn't all our governments fault Americans can't talk to each other like they got sense either.

I'm not an atheist. But I do recognize a disengenuous douchebag when I see one.

Faith is beautiful. Stop trying to drag it into the muddy waters of science... asshole. :mad:

In other words, you don't understand everything and you're as smart as they come, so that means there must be a God. Got it.

You are just here not stating opinions and being sarcastic. I got on here, because I wanted to have intelligent debates, but it doesn't seem like their are many intelligent people left in America. Just assholes who like to put other people down, but are too scared to discuss a single thing they believe.

You are just here not stating opinions and being sarcastic. I got on here, because I wanted to have intelligent debates, but it doesn't seem like their are many intelligent people left in America. Just assholes who like to put other people down, but are too scared to discuss a single thing they believe.

You are not looking for an intelligent debate, this much is obvious. Didn't your priest/minister/rabbi/holy man ever tell you that you go to the same place for lying that you do for stealing and killing? :eusa_whistle:

The inherent flaw with this type of debate online has shown itself, too many people group everyone who follows one 'type' of belief into the same category as others with a similar but varied belief. Oe must make distinctions, but then one would have to type huge paragraphs just for a single systems description. The frustration at being lumped into one group by others often shows up as ... insults.

I'm not an atheist. But I do recognize a disengenuous douchebag when I see one.

Faith is beautiful. Stop trying to drag it into the muddy waters of science... asshole. :mad:

Not to be rude, but if your faith can't stand up to a little science you never had much faith to begin with. I'm not insulting Christianity as not being able to stand up to science, because in my opinion it does. However, your faith obviously doesn't stand up to it or you wouldn't be afraid to put it to the test with science. Also if you are a Christian (I guess your a Christian, but I don't really know, because your to scared to tell us your beliefs) you should be ashamed of yourself. You come on here and start to insult a fellow christian, because he is having a scientific debate about God. It's people like you that give Christians a bad name.

Not to be rude, but if your faith can't stand up to a little science you never had much faith to begin with. I'm not insulting Christianity as not being able to stand up to science, because in my opinion it does. However, your faith obviously doesn't stand up to it or you wouldn't be afraid to put it to the test with science. Also if you are a Christian (I guess your a Christian, but I don't really know, because your to scared to tell us your beliefs) you should be ashamed of yourself. You come on here and start to insult a fellow christian, because he is having a scientific debate about God. It's people like you that give Christians a bad name.

Dude.. Aren't you the nut that just posted a thread insisting nobody bring up Christianity? LMAO!

The inherent flaw with this type of debate online has shown itself, too many people group everyone who follows one 'type' of belief into the same category as others with a similar but varied belief. Oe must make distinctions, but then one would have to type huge paragraphs just for a single systems description. The frustration at being lumped into one group by others often shows up as ... insults.

It would not take long for people to say what they believe. There is no probelm with having this debate online. Americans just can't seem to discuss religion with one another of different faiths, which is odd due to the fact that America has the most diverse groups of religion. However, I am spending to much time arguring with people who accuse me of being a asshole for even trying to have a debate. No one wonder no one in this world likes us. We're all a bunch of hardheaded assholes who refuse to look at anything different from our culture or beliefs as a possibility. This again is very unusual due to the cultural diversity of this country. Anyway I have to get off this board for awhile I got on here to have intelligent debates, but all I find is a bunch of jackass's. Not all of you Kitten and the other guy I complimented earlier were cool, but the most of you are just straight jackass's. PEACE

Atheists are incapable of reason... that's why they're atheists. Reason comes at the foot of the Father; God being infinite reason... Thus atheism exists outside of reason.

What you need to understand is that atheism is nothing more than secular humanism... it's evil's rationalization which serves to obfuscate final judgment. If there is no God, then there will be no final judgment; thus 'everything is relative' and one can do as one pleases without concern for whether or not what ever it is, is morally right; this because while secular humanism likes to refer to morality and the idiocy that one can be moral and not 'religious,' they can never seem to explain how that might work... this is very simply because they IT CAN'T BE EXPLAINED...

Try this sometime: Try to get one of the Europeans (they're hands DOWN the most fun, because they are the TRUE believers man... dumber than a bag of hammers...) to explain how in the absence of God that human rights can exist... It is an absolute HOOT!

HEY! Better yet, I'll open a new thread to that effect... come on by and enjoy the intellectual train wrecks.

Hey Indydouche&asshole,

Science doesn't stand up to faith, and faith doesn't stand up to science. That's how it works. But I guess it doesn't matter to you since you don't have a fucking clue about either.

Forum List

Back