Deficit

That somehow people get this idea that a powerless figurehead parroting the whim of those who greased them all into office is actually soley responsible for a generation of bad decisions resulting in a bad end is beyond the realm of niaviety

~S~

That somehow people get this idea that a powerless figurehead parroting the whim of those who greased them all into office is actually soley responsible for a generation of bad decisions resulting in a bad end is beyond the realm of niaviety

~S~
yes, i fully understand this,

congress passes the spending bills and grows the deficit...the president only signs them, or not. However, I did feel the need to answer rgsgt's op....with real numbers.

~S~

congress passes the spending bills and grows the deficit...the president only signs them, or not. However, I did feel the need to answer rgsgt's op....with real numbers.

Well except you and everyone else on the left have parroted the claim that Bush was responsible.

Congress holds the purse strings. So lets look at reality shall we? Of the 8 years of Bush Republicans only held Congressional control 4 years. And in fact if one looks at the years and debt numbers one finds that when the Dems took over for the last 2 years it climbed and continued to climb the first 2 years of Obama's Presidency while the Dems ran the show. This year still falls on the Dems since they REFUSE to cut spending and the Senate refuses to even send to committee any House Budget bill.

Now who again is responsible for our deficit?

~S~

Well except you and everyone else on the left have parroted the claim that Bush was responsible.

Congress holds the purse strings. So lets look at reality shall we? Of the 8 years of Bush Republicans only held Congressional control 4 years. And in fact if one looks at the years and debt numbers one finds that when the Dems took over for the last 2 years it climbed and continued to climb the first 2 years of Obama's Presidency while the Dems ran the show. This year still falls on the Dems since they REFUSE to cut spending and the Senate refuses to even send to committee any House Budget bill.

What is it that you are trying to get out of this rgs? Are you trying to make yourself feel better for supporting republicans? for supporting president bush all 8 years? Well, go ahead and pat yourself on the back....oh...sorry, you already have....your team is the BEST!!!! nanni nanni boo boo! Yes the democrats did pass with republicans Bush's stimulus earlier in 2008, and yes the democrats did pass the bail out president bush put before us, telling us the whole world will collapse if congress did not pass what Paulson wanted.... you want to blame congress and leave bush out of it all together, go ahead...I ain't gonna be able to stop ya!

What is it that you are trying to get out of this rgs? Are you trying to make yourself feel better for supporting republicans? for supporting president bush all 8 years? Well, go ahead and pat yourself on the back....oh...sorry, you already have....your team is the BEST!!!! nanni nanni boo boo! Yes the democrats did pass with republicans Bush's stimulus earlier in 2008, and yes the democrats did pass the bail out president bush put before us, telling us the whole world will collapse if congress did not pass what Paulson wanted.... you want to blame congress and leave bush out of it all together, go ahead...I ain't gonna be able to stop ya!

You are trying to leave Obama out of it. It is simple. You do not get to on the one hand blame Bush for the deficit and claim Congress is to blame under Obama.

You are trying to leave Obama out of it. It is simple. You do not get to on the one hand blame Bush for the deficit and claim Congress is to blame under Obama.
retired sgt, surely you are not too dumb to see that President bush handed over to president obama a 1.9 trillion dollar fiscal deficit....say it was 1.6 trillion if that makes you feel better.....

While president Bush was handed a deficit surplus by president clinton, but bush and his congress spent that and some before Clinton's fiscal end by giving us all the $300 rebate in august of 2001...so there was 120 billion added to the national debt.

President bush began his first fiscal budget from a running surplus budget....

President Obama began his first fiscal budget from a running deficit of 1.9 trillion if you use what was added to the national debt in the previous year.

Doesn't your head think that these two situations are greatly different?

Obama will never show any remorse for borrowing around $15,000 from every American and every baby to be born over the next few years. his attitude is like,,,,F------K the 300 Million, so long as I don't have to pay it back.

retired sgt, surely you are not too dumb to see that President bush handed over to president obama a 1.9 trillion dollar fiscal deficit....say it was 1.6 trillion if that makes you feel better.....

While president Bush was handed a deficit surplus by president clinton, but bush and his congress spent that and some before Clinton's fiscal end by giving us all the $300 rebate in august of 2001...so there was 120 billion added to the national debt.

President Obama began his first fiscal budget from a running deficit of 1.9 trillion if you use what was added to the national debt in the previous year.

Once again. You do not get to claim Bush is responsible for the deficit under his Presidency and then claim Obama is NOT responsible for the deficit under his Presidency. And that is exactly what you are trying to do.

You argue that Bush created a deficit and then when we point out Obama is creating a deficit at a faster rate you claim it is not Obama's fault.

Here lets make it simple. Lets blame the President. That means Bush had a 5 or 6 trillion dollar deficit in 8 YEARS. while Obama is on track for a 5 to 6 trillion deficit in 4 YEARS.

The 3 largest deficits EVER were under Obama. I am past tired of the left ignoring Obama while insisting Bush is to blame.

Congress controls the purse strings. Which once again lays the blame for most of the current debt squarely at the democrats feet.

So make up your mind. You do not get to claim Bush is responsible but Obama is not. Either the Congress did it or the President did. PICK one, you don't get to pick and choose depending on who is President.

Once again. You do not get to claim Bush is responsible for the deficit under his Presidency and then claim Obama is NOT responsible for the deficit under his Presidency. And that is exactly what you are trying to do.

You argue that Bush created a deficit and then when we point out Obama is creating a deficit at a faster rate you claim it is not Obama's fault.

Here lets make it simple. Lets blame the President. That means Bush had a 5 or 6 trillion dollar deficit in 8 YEARS. while Obama is on track for a 5 to 6 trillion deficit in 4 YEARS.

The 3 largest deficits EVER were under Obama. I am past tired of the left ignoring Obama while insisting Bush is to blame.

Congress controls the purse strings. Which once again lays the blame for most of the current debt squarely at the democrats feet.

So make up your mind. You do not get to claim Bush is responsible but Obama is not. Either the Congress did it or the President did. PICK one, you don't get to pick and choose depending on who is President.
as with any job of any employee that you evaluate, you weigh all circumstances that affected their performance....

that's all i am saying.

i am not giving obama a ''pass''....i just know he inherited a running budget deficit well over a trillion and a half if you look at national debt added the fiscal year prior to him.....

Presidents don't begin at zero each year...previous legislation and appropriation legislation of all the years of congress affects the budget at the present....

president bush began his budget, with NO RUNNING DEFICITS, and he ended his8th fiscal year end with at minimum, a running deficit of a trillion and a half.

obama began his fiscal rein with a running deficit over a trillion and a half, and 2 years in to his rein, his yearly deficit is still running at around the Bush level he inherited...obama has not improved the situation, only maintained it.

i am including both bush and obama in their deficit situations....i didn't leave obama out of it...as you keep trying to claim.

Forum List

Back