Defense Bill Stalls on Procedural Vote, Senate Blocks 'Don't Ask Don't Tell' Repeal

say's the still single spinster without a job

You stalking CG or some shit? I doubt she dates pimply faced C level high school students, so you're probably wasting your time.

Now if we could please get back on topic, there is a flame thread about your pathetic neg rep comment you sent me if you would like to travel on down there and be beat around the ears some more TopSpin.

your man enough to beat down a door and shoot a crack addict, your not man enough to step up to the topspin without a gun to protect your sorry ass.

threats don't fly either. see you in a couple of days-del

say's the still single spinster without a job

You stalking CG or some shit? I doubt she dates pimply faced C level high school students, so you're probably wasting your time.

Now if we could please get back on topic, there is a flame thread about your pathetic neg rep comment you sent me if you would like to travel on down there and be beat around the ears some more TopSpin.

your man enough to beat down a door and shoot a crack addict, your not man enough to step up to the topspin without a gun to protect your sorry ass.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: It's a fucking message board, moron, not Sangin. Sad bastard.

Private Message: Re: New reputation!

Today, 10:12 AM
topspin
Banned
Member #23317

New reputation!
Hi, you have received -6 reputation points from topspin.
Reputation was given for this post.

Comment:
dumb ****

Regards,
topspin

Note: This is an automated message.

Oh Noes! I lost a whole 6 points. Woe is me! The pain! The agony of it!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The dems campaigned on this issue, and the dems won. The electorate spoke very clearly.

I, for one, am sick of 41 dodos holding up the will of the nation.

So tell me, why is it more important to you to oppress homosexuals than it is to support our troops? It's a simple question.

41? The Republicans only have 40 Votes my friend. The Dems 58, with 2 Independents who Caucus with the Dems. Republicans can only stop what the Dems and the 2 Independents let them stop. The Democrats refused all day long to hear a single Republican amendment to the entire Bill to force the Republicans to attempt a filibuster, A filibuster they are only capable of doing if the Dems and the 2 Independents who caucus with them. Allow the to do it.

Nothing but a pre Election ploy to stir up the Dem Base into action at the Polls.

Umm you might want to double check that. There was a special election earlier this year that might have changed that ratio. It was kind of a big deal. Press was all over it.

UM yeah and Specter jumped sides to the Democrats. Something the Press was much less all over.

41? The Republicans only have 40 Votes my friend. The Dems 58, with 2 Independents who Caucus with the Dems. Republicans can only stop what the Dems and the 2 Independents let them stop. The Democrats refused all day long to hear a single Republican amendment to the entire Bill to force the Republicans to attempt a filibuster, A filibuster they are only capable of doing if the Dems and the 2 Independents who caucus with them. Allow the to do it.

Nothing but a pre Election ploy to stir up the Dem Base into action at the Polls.

Umm you might want to double check that. There was a special election earlier this year that might have changed that ratio. It was kind of a big deal. Press was all over it.

UM yeah and Specter jumped sides to the Democrats. Something the Press was much less all over.

Mmm-hmm. So your position is that A.) Specter's party change occurred this year, and that B.) The current Senate is comprised of 58 (D), 2 (I) who caucus with Democrats, and only 40 (R)?

Is that your position?

Mmm-hmm. So your position is that A.) Specter's party change occurred this year, and that B.) The current Senate is comprised of 58 (D), 2 (I) who caucus with Democrats, and only 40 (R)?

Is that your position?

NO my numbers were mistaken by one. However the Point that Democrats played procedural games, and refused to even hear Debate on a single Republican Amendment Stands.

And the fact the 2 Democrats opposed it as well.

Is that your position?

NO my numbers were mistaken by one. However the Point that Democrats played procedural games, and refused to even hear Debate on a single Republican Amendment Stands.

And the fact the 2 Democrats opposed it as well.

The 2 dems would not have likely voted "No" had they been the deciding votes. That is a very important "1" you were off by, the rest of your argument notwithstanding.

I've already conceded that this was procedural. The GOP was put on the spot. They were basically asked if they're willing to grant a rather minor concession to homosexuals if it was the quid pro quo for passing a massive DoD spending authorization...

To which they've answered a rather resounding "No."

Interesting that the wingnuts would put those serving in harms way at higher risk because of their homophobia.

Interesting how most of us realized this political ploy by Reid and Associates, to recently add a few extra program ideas to make DADT a Dream Bill, knowing it would go down to defeat and then blame the Republicans. Obama campaigned on the repeal of DADT but was just now getting around to taking it seriously. Republicans wanted to take this Bill one add-on at a time. Two Dem Senators voted against it also. Political timing. :eusa_whistle:

It looks like a bit of presumptuous mindreading. I thought that it would pass.

democrats hate the troops that's why they added something to an appropriation bill that would kill the bill.

Republicans hate the troops because they turn away qualified Americans who want to serve their country

democrats hate the troops that's why they added something to an appropriation bill that would kill the bill.

Republicans hate the troops because they turn away qualified Americans who want to serve their country

The boots on the groud do not want homosexuals in their ranks. You know the people who have to take showers together the people who have to sleep in the same tent with each other.

The boots on the groud do not want homosexuals in their ranks. You know the people who have to take showers together the people who have to sleep in the same tent with each other.

The boots on the ground don't like a lot of things. I doubt that they will leave in mass just because gays are in.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/03/us/politics/03military.html

Top Defense Officials Seek to End ‘Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell’

Well, then this should just thrill the shit out of you:

Is the rise of the Tea Party movement a sign that the fiscally conservative and libertarian segment of the Republican Party is winning out over social conservatives opposed to gay marriage and the military's Don't Ask, Don't Tell policy?

That's certainly the way Rick Tafel, a founder and former chair of the gay political action group Log Cabin Republicans, sees it.

Reid and the other dimwits on capital hill know that the dream act and dadt would not pass on their own merits, so they try to get them passed attached to another bill, typical political tomfoolery. I don't like it when either side does it. The dimwits blaming the republicans for the bill not going anywhere is lauphable. When a dimwit tells the whole truth will be the end of them politically, because the truth would stop their bull....

I guess reid switching his vote at the last minute to allow a revote is cool with you dimwits? I guess it does not matter that the real reason that the republicans voted no is because reid blocked them from adding any amendments of their own does not men anything to you? Idiot liberals, when will you learn, demsa lie, it has been proven. They can't help themselves, they know the truth about them would ruin them politically.

This is a standard political move - attaching a controversial rider to an otherwise unrelated bill. In this case, the Dems are using it to put the Reps between a rock and a hard place - either vote for the bill, which will get the Dems what they want, or vote against it and be attacked on it.

Both sides use this tactic.

All the time.

I guess reid switching his vote at the last minute to allow a revote is cool with you dimwits? I guess it does not matter that the real reason that the republicans voted no is because reid blocked them from adding any amendments of their own does not men anything to you? Idiot liberals, when will you learn, demsa lie, it has been proven. They can't help themselves, they know the truth about them would ruin them politically.

Basically yes. The Libs posting about this care little about the actual Facts.

Interesting that the wingnuts would put those serving in harms way at higher risk because of their homophobia.

You're a dumbass. It wasn't the DADT add-on that caused the bill to be rejected. You liberals are the dumbest people I've ever seen.

You're a dumbass. It wasn't the DADT add-on that caused the bill to be rejected. You liberals are the dumbest people I've ever seen.

Gullible is more accurate. Reid and the Dems tell them what to think about something, and they run with it.

Forum List

Back