Defense Bill Stalls on Procedural Vote, Senate Blocks 'Don't Ask Don't Tell' Repeal

completely agree,

the dream act is amnesty

and the dadt, as much as i dont like it, should not be in a defense bill

I am sorry DADT was not repealed, but I am not sorry the DREAM Act failed. I agree with RetiredGySgt; there was no reason to tack these amendments onto a Defense spending bill.

BTW, why do we even need a law to repeal DADT? Isn't it policy now via an Executive Order Clinton made? Couldn't Obama just rescind that Order?

Ya cause the dems never found a defense bill they couldn't tack some odious amendment on, right? The Defense bill is not the place for the Dream act or the removal of Don't ask Don't tell. If the Democrats were honest they would create a separate bill for each. They lost in an attempt to politicize this. The American people know what this attempt was. A blatant political ploy.

The dems campaigned on this issue, and the dems won. The electorate spoke very clearly.

I, for one, am sick of 41 dodos holding up the will of the nation.

So tell me, why is it more important to you to oppress homosexuals than it is to support our troops? It's a simple question.

41? The Republicans only have 40 Votes my friend. The Dems 58, with 2 Independents who Caucus with the Dems. Republicans can only stop what the Dems and the 2 Independents let them stop. The Democrats refused all day long to hear a single Republican amendment to the entire Bill to force the Republicans to attempt a filibuster, A filibuster they are only capable of doing if the Dems and the 2 Independents who caucus with them. Allow the to do it.

Nothing but a pre Election ploy to stir up the Dem Base into action at the Polls.

This is the type Military the democrats want for America:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ol5Dfs7jqFI]YouTube - Monty Python's Military Fairy[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFLvtO7mTiI&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - No Joke: Al Franken Chokes Up Over Don't Ask, Don't Tell[/ame]

Does not supersede their unadulterated hatred of homosexuals.

FOXNews.com - Defense Bill Stalls on Procedural Vote, Senate Blocks 'Don't Ask Don't Tell' Repeal

Ain't that some shit? After all the rabble-rousing about Democrats holding up a defense bill in 2007, holding out for withdrawal dates, the entire GOP and 2 Dems refuse to even let the $768B defense authorization bill proceed to debate due to opposition to repealing "Don't Ask, Don't Tell."

First Question: Does the GOP really give that much of a shit about DADT, or are they just trying to corner Obama into "Breaking another campaign promise?"

Second Question: Do the dems stand their ground, to the point of letting the bill fail and defunding the military? Or do they fold like a lawn chair, once again, to the minority party?

It might have more to do with that add-on about illegal immigrant kids joining the military and getting citizenship.

FOXNews.com - Defense Bill Stalls on Procedural Vote, Senate Blocks 'Don't Ask Don't Tell' Repeal

Ain't that some shit? After all the rabble-rousing about Democrats holding up a defense bill in 2007, holding out for withdrawal dates, the entire GOP and 2 Dems refuse to even let the $768B defense authorization bill proceed to debate due to opposition to repealing "Don't Ask, Don't Tell."

First Question: Does the GOP really give that much of a shit about DADT, or are they just trying to corner Obama into "Breaking another campaign promise?"

Second Question: Do the dems stand their ground, to the point of letting the bill fail and defunding the military? Or do they fold like a lawn chair, once again, to the minority party?
Faggots spread death through aids.

As do heteros.

I am sorry DADT was not repealed, but I am not sorry the DREAM Act failed. I agree with RetiredGySgt; there was no reason to tack these amendments onto a Defense spending bill.

BTW, why do we even need a law to repeal DADT? Isn't it policy now via an Executive Order Clinton made? Couldn't Obama just rescind that Order?

You are so right.

I was watching Bret last night and this was one of the topics they were discussing.

The Reps and 2 Dems voted to stop the bill. Why?? Because they want to vote on each part of the bill seperatly.

Its the Dems who wanted an issue because they are going to get creamed in Nov.

Apparantly they think none of us dumb taxpayer/voters watches the news and we are all about as smart as a box of rocks. LOL

So glad to disappoint the Clowns.

Ya cause the dems never found a defense bill they couldn't tack some odious amendment on, right? The Defense bill is not the place for the Dream act or the removal of Don't ask Don't tell. If the Democrats were honest they would create a separate bill for each. They lost in an attempt to politicize this. The American people know what this attempt was. A blatant political ploy.

The dems campaigned on this issue, and the dems won. The electorate spoke very clearly.

So tell me, why is it more important to you to oppress homosexuals than it is to support our troops? It's a simple question.

41? The Republicans only have 40 Votes my friend. The Dems 58, with 2 Independents who Caucus with the Dems. Republicans can only stop what the Dems and the 2 Independents let them stop. The Democrats refused all day long to hear a single Republican amendment to the entire Bill to force the Republicans to attempt a filibuster, A filibuster they are only capable of doing if the Dems and the 2 Independents who caucus with them. Allow the to do it.

Nothing but a pre Election ploy to stir up the Dem Base into action at the Polls.

Umm you might want to double check that. There was a special election earlier this year that might have changed that ratio. It was kind of a big deal. Press was all over it.

At least your honest. A lesser man would be telling me about how the DOD needed more time to study the issue or some such noise.

At least your honest. A lesser man would be telling me about how the DOD needed more time to study the issue or some such noise.

so, no comment on the dems, other than reid, who voted against this?

quelle surprise

The REAL question is, if they campaigned on it and it is the will of the people, why didn't they write a separate bill they could all put theirs names to?

Oh it's maneuvering, no doubt. Surely you realize the GOP could oppose a separate bill without fear of political consequence. They're being put on the spot by the Dems, I don't deny that. I'm just amazed that they're so blatantly homophobic that they're willing to stall even military spending (AKA, "Supporting the Troops" when that was the soundbyte) over something so relatively insignificant.

And yet, interestingly.... from the military forums that my brothers play on.... the actual military (the ones that are being so badly hurt and 'put at risk') are overwhelmingly thrilled with the GOP. Go figure. I guess they must all be too stupid to know what's best for them, right?

Here's an idea.... why don't we all insist that both sides stop using the military like a political football.

we fund the babykillers too much already

^^
troll.jpg

Forum List

Back