Defend yourself in Connecticut get sent to jail!

Connecticut law requires a defender to retreat from assault if he can.

"Under Connecticut law, assault victims cannot use deadly force if they are able to retreat from their attackers. By contrast, 27 states — most notably Florida — have passed so-called “stand-your-ground” laws, which entitle citizens to use force in self-defense if there is a reasonable belief of a threat."

CT also one of the first to mandate AR-15esque firearm registration / criminalizing those who didn't...

He didnt defend himself. They guys already left and he chased them down.
He should have done the dirty when they were beating his ass.

"Under Connecticut law, assault victims cannot use deadly force if they are able to retreat from their attackers. By contrast, 27 states — most notably Florida — have passed so-called “stand-your-ground” laws, which entitle citizens to use force in self-defense if there is a reasonable belief of a threat."
hmmmm....Connecticut law forces citizens to "turn the other cheek." Sounds Christ-like to me. Isn't that respecting a particular religion? Guess not. Question is, how does a victim, surrounded 3 attackers supposed to retreat? Also if a cop is attacked and there's an avenue of escape, what happens if he shoots an attacker. hmmmm?

Connecticut assault victim gets 18 months in jail for stabbing attacker

Wow....talk about something out of a totalitarian country! How in the hell is someone being JUMPED by 3 grown men supposed to run away! This is just asinine.
Technically, the attackers were running away and he attacked them.
Doesn't say anything about that in the article.
Yes it does. The three attackers left the store and he went after them stabbing one in the leg.

To me, he was entirely in the right and should get a commendation.

Connecticut assault victim gets 18 months in jail for stabbing attacker

Wow....talk about something out of a totalitarian country! How in the hell is someone being JUMPED by 3 grown men supposed to run away! This is just asinine.
Technically, the attackers were running away and he attacked them.
Doesn't say anything about that in the article.
Yes it does. The three attackers left the store and he went after them stabbing one in the leg.

To me, he was entirely in the right and should get a commendation.
The article I linked doesn't say that. If it does can you show me where? I clicked the link and then the fox news original article.

hmmmm....Connecticut law forces citizens to "turn the other cheek." Sounds Christ-like to me. Isn't that respecting a particular religion? Guess not. Question is, how does a victim, surrounded 3 attackers supposed to retreat? Also if a cop is attacked and there's an avenue of escape, what happens if he shoots an attacker. hmmmm?
(1) Judge thought he had an avenue of retreat is what counts.

(2) Once a perp assaults an officer of the law, he would be a target for shooting practice, I would think.

Tipsycatlover gave Odium the answer he did not want.

Research the news and find a different answer, podjo.

I get why that victim went after his attackers. He was trying to make sure that they couldn't jump him again later on. Anyone who doesn't think that he was worth the self defense can bite me.

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back