Debt Vote Flashback: Every Single Dem Voted Against Raising the Debt in 2006

I just wish the Democrats weren't such wimps and would turn this game back around on them. Romney needs a debt ceiling increase? Tell him they'll only accept it with single-payer attached.

They raised it 7 times under Boooosh, and the Dems never filibustered or held the country hostage. STUPID ARGUMENT from Foxbots. tyvm

So they voted no by accident? Obama criticized leadership failures for a need for a raise by accident?

Republicans and George W. Bush..cut taxes...started whole new federal entitlements, started 2 wars, and created a whole new department.

The failure of leadership was getting rid of paygo and failing to either cut spending somewhere to pay for this shit..or raise revenue.

He was absolutely correct.

How many MORE war theaters has Obama placed us in since then?
:eusa_whistle:

I just wish the Democrats weren't such wimps and would turn this game back around on them. Romney needs a debt ceiling increase? Tell him they'll only accept it with single-payer attached.

They tried it with Iraq War funding, IIRC, and succombed to the "terrorist loving, troop hating" onslaught from the right every time.

They tried it with Iraq funding, IIRC, and succombed to the "terrorist loving, troop hating" onslaught from the right every time.

Yeah, but that's because they're cowards. They could have held out and Bush would have to have given them something eventually.

well well

Posted by Jim Hoft on Saturday, July 16, 2011, 2:51 PM
Every democrat voted “no” including Obama.
Drudge just posted this debt vote reminder from 5 years ago.
EVERY SINGLE Democrat opposed raising the debt limit when George W. Bush was president.

list of votes at site.

Every – Single – One.

It’s funny how things change when there’s a new occupant in the White House, huh?

from with comments at.
The Gateway Pundit | Where Hope Made a Comeback

So...were they being fiscally responsible and Bush is now responsible for the deficit?

Let me guess, the answer is "NO!"

I-fucked-you-all-but-thanks-for-blaming-it-on-the-black-guy.jpg

The Republicans Haven't Always Been Against Raising the Debt Ceiling - Blog - OpenCongress

NOW.....Is there a point to this idiotic thread? If so, please make it or admit failure.

It's not her fault you're too stupid to get the point. dimwit

She's trying to make the point that the Dems are hypocrites and I made the point that it goes both ways and you "new type of conservatives" don't seem to get it.

Is there a quote from a Republican referring to the raising of the debt ceiling as a 'sign of failed leadership' and then voting to raise it? If so, then, absolutely, that's hypocritical.

They tried it with Iraq War funding, IIRC, and succombed to the "terrorist loving, troop hating" onslaught from the right every time.

Yeah they tried it with the Iraq War after they all voted to allow it to happen in the first place. Oh I know, Bush lied. Ron Paul voted against it and has never changed it position.

You can't vote for allowing a military action and then mid-way defund it while American service members are in harms way. That is troop hating.

This is why most Americans try to tune out on Politics. Now these same Democrats are out there preaching that it's our "Sacred Patriotic Duty" to raise Debt Limits. Most Politicians just can't be trusted. This only reinforces that belief. It's very sad.

This is why most Americans try to tune out on Politics. Now these same Democrats are out there preaching that it's our "Sacred Patriotic Duty" to raise Debt Limits. Most Politicians just can't be trusted. This only reinforces that belief. It's very sad.

You're right about the Dems. It's no different with the Republicans. And would be no different under Ron Paul.

They're politicians.

Yeah they tried it with the Iraq War after they all voted to allow it to happen in the first place. Oh I know, Bush lied. Ron Paul voted against it and has never changed it position.

You can't vote for allowing a military action and then mid-way defund it while American service members are in harms way. That is troop hating.

They did?

How about you take a look at the AUMF Iraq vote. The majority of House Dems voted against allowing it to happen.

Get your facts straight.

Forum List

Back