Debt Vote Flashback: Every Single Dem Voted Against Raising the Debt in 2006

No I blame what's happening right now on whoever is President right now....and that's.
Wait I'm gonna Google who's President "right now"....stand by,my internet connection is a little slow right now...It's, well it's some guy who did a Stimulus Plan that was an absolute
joke,He said unemployment would not rise over 8%.....wait still loading page.He promised shovel ready jobs,his VP promised 500,000 jobs a month.Wait...I almost got it....

It's President.....damn My system crashed.Just like our current economy under the failed
policies of the current President,not the President of 8 years ago.We live in the present,at least I do.This President is not getting the job done.Time to get someone else in to get the country going in the right direction.:cool:

Obama never said UE would not go over 8% so you are operating from rightwing mythology right from the git-go.

Sure he did, that's what his team said and that why we had to pas Stimulus

No. That's been disproven so many times on this board that all you're doing now is proving my rule that Rightwing Myths can't be killed .

No I blame what's happening right now on whoever is President right now....and that's.
Wait I'm gonna Google who's President "right now"....stand by,my internet connection is a little slow right now...It's, well it's some guy who did a Stimulus Plan that was an absolute
joke,He said unemployment would not rise over 8%.....wait still loading page.He promised shovel ready jobs,his VP promised 500,000 jobs a month.Wait...I almost got it....

It's President.....damn My system crashed.Just like our current economy under the failed
policies of the current President,not the President of 8 years ago.We live in the present,at least I do.This President is not getting the job done.Time to get someone else in to get the country going in the right direction.:cool:

Obama never said UE would not go over 8% so you are operating from rightwing mythology right from the git-go.

Christina Romer (née Duckworth; born December 25, 1958) is the Class of 1957 Garff B. Wilson Professor of Economics at the University of California, Berkeley and a former Chair of the Council of Economic Advisers in the Obama administration.[1][2] She resigned from her role on the Council of Economic Advisers on September 3, 2010.[3]

One of Obamas advisors said it and said it often...she spoke for the administration in interview after interview.....

Good enough for me that he never said otherwise.:clap2::clap2:

Truth is hard for the Left
In fact, it is their worst enemy

Christina Romer (née Duckworth; born December 25, 1958) is the Class of 1957 Garff B. Wilson Professor of Economics at the University of California, Berkeley and a former Chair of the Council of Economic Advisers in the Obama administration.[1][2] She resigned from her role on the Council of Economic Advisers on September 3, 2010.[3]

One of Obamas advisors said it and said it often...she spoke for the administration in interview after interview.....

Good enough for me that he never said otherwise.:clap2::clap2:

If you ignore the caveats and conditions and disclaimers they put on the ESTIMATE in the original report, you might have a point,

but why would you do that, unless you were trying to manufacture a MYTH?

It must be spreading to the Democrats as well
Rep. Jerrold Nadler (D-N.Y.) said that President Barack Obama "should not have said that unemployment would peak at 8 percent,"

To be fair
he must have referring to someone in the administration of Papa Obama
Who was that
oh yes

Christina Romer chairwoman of the president's Council of Economic Advisers and her
report called "The Job Impact of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Plan"

Nadler is full of shit. If you had actually ever read the original report you'd know that too, although given your inability to face facts right in front of your face maybe that's debatable too.

No. That's been disproven so many times on this board that all you're doing now is proving my rule that Rightwing Myths can't be killed .

Myth ?

Romer say its herself in this video ( at 1.11 mark)

LiveLeak.com - Chief White House Economic Advisor Admits Her Forecast on Unemployment Was 'So Far Off'

Myth ?

LiveLeak.com - Chief White House Economic Advisor Admits Her Forecast on Unemployment Was 'So Far Off'

Which was accounted for in the disclaimers in the original report, that you have never read.

Myth ?

Check and Mate.....it's over,done ,fini,end of debate:eusa_shhh:

Myth ?

It must be hard for them to be so wrong for so long
:razz:

Truth is hard for the Left,
in fact, it is their worst enemy

Last edited:

Myth ?

You've obviously never read the original report either. You should try not to let the rightwing propaganda machine tell you how to think,

you might decrease your chances of looking like a muppet.

What a pleasant position to be in,

arguing with two geniuses telling me what they insist was said in a report neither of them has ever read.

They raised it 7 times under Boooosh, and the Dems never filibustered or held the country hostage. STUPID ARGUMENT from Foxbots. tyvm

So they voted no by accident? Obama criticized leadership failures for a need for a raise by accident?

Both sides always did this in the past. Anyone on the right who thinks there are points to be scored here is mentally retarded.

Yup...they have both done it. Those darn Dems let the cat out of the bag tho' and admitted that it was PURELY for political reasons...

Obama admits he played politics with 2006 debt ceiling vote

That had to piss the GnOP off...him tellin' all the secrets like that :D

So they voted no by accident? Obama criticized leadership failures for a need for a raise by accident?

Both sides always did this in the past. Anyone on the right who thinks there are points to be scored here is mentally retarded.

Yup...they have both done it. Those darn Dems let the cat out of the bag tho' and admitted that it was PURELY for political reasons...

wtf? and you're PROUD of that. how shallow can you get.

What a pleasant position to be in,

arguing with two geniuses telling me what they insist was said in a report neither of them has ever read.

Indeed, it almost as pleasant as dealing with someone who
was wrong at least twice in one tread and does not know what the word "and" means

Last edited:

Proud of the actions, no. Glad they admitted that it was purely political, yes. I applaud honesty, don't you?

Myth ?

Which was accounted for in the disclaimers in the original report, that you have never read.

I've read the report. There is only one disclaimer for this:

The table shows that we expect the plan to more than meet the goal of creating or saving 3 million jobs by 2010Q4. There are two important points to note, however:

First, the likely scale of employment loss is extremely large. The U.S. economy has already lost nearly 2.6 million jobs since the business cycle peak in December 2007. In the absence of stimulus, the economy could lose another 3 to 4 million more. Thus, we are working to counter a potential total job loss of at least 5 million. As Figure 1 shows, even with the large prototypical package, the unemployment rate in 2010Q4 is predicted to be approximately 7.0%, which is well below the approximately 8.8% that would result in the absence of a plan.

Which is this:

1 Forecasts of the unemployment rate without the recovery plan vary substantially. Some private forecasters anticipate unemployment rates as high as 11% in the absence of action

You can spin all you want, but she promised some very concrete results and didn't deliver. There is no disclaimer that says the stimulus might result in unemployment at 10.1%.

I've read the report. There is only one disclaimer for this:

The table shows that we expect the plan to more than meet the goal of creating or saving 3 million jobs by 2010Q4. There are two important points to note, however:

First, the likely scale of employment loss is extremely large. The U.S. economy has already lost nearly 2.6 million jobs since the business cycle peak in December 2007. In the absence of stimulus, the economy could lose another 3 to 4 million more. Thus, we are working to counter a potential total job loss of at least 5 million. As Figure 1 shows, even with the large prototypical package, the unemployment rate in 2010Q4 is predicted to be approximately 7.0%, which is well below the approximately 8.8% that would result in the absence of a plan.

Which is this:

1 Forecasts of the unemployment rate without the recovery plan vary substantially. Some private forecasters anticipate unemployment rates as high as 11% in the absence of action

You can spin all you want, but she promised some very concrete results and didn't deliver. There is no disclaimer that says the stimulus might result in unemployment at 10.1%.

Nice Post

truth is hard for the Left
In fact, it is their worst enemy

Proud of the actions, no. Glad they admitted that it was purely political, yes. I applaud honesty, don't you?

Sure do
maybe he can have another to bring the total up to 2

They were right back then. They're wrong now. And this President is by far the biggest disingenuous hypocrite to ever reside in the White House. Check out all his pompous speeches he made when he Voted against raising Debt Limits. Now it's suddenly everyone's "Sacred Patriotic Duty" to support raising Debt Limits. The Democrats should be ashamed of themselves. But i bet ya they're not. It's just plain sad.

Forum List

Back