Debt Vote Flashback: Every Single Dem Voted Against Raising the Debt in 2006

They were right back then. They're wrong now. And this President is by far the biggest disingenuous hypocrite to ever reside in the White House. Check out all his pompous speeches he made when he Voted against raising Debt Limits. Now it's suddenly everyone's "Sacred Patriotic Duty" to support raising Debt Limits. The Democrats should be ashamed of themselves. But i bet ya they're not. It's just plain sad.

Good point

It is not like he just voted and kept his mouth shut about it.

He got "sanctimonious " about it

They were right back then. They're wrong now. And this President is by far the biggest disingenuous hypocrite to ever reside in the White House. Check out all his pompous speeches he made when he Voted against raising Debt Limits. Now it's suddenly everyone's "Sacred Patriotic Duty" to support raising Debt Limits. The Democrats should be ashamed of themselves. But i bet ya they're not. It's just plain sad.

Good point

It is not like he just voted and kept his mouth shut about it.

He got "sanctimonious " about it

Doesn't he get SANCTIMONIOUS about everything?

Which was accounted for in the disclaimers in the original report, that you have never read.

I've read the report. There is only one disclaimer for this:

Which is this:

1 Forecasts of the unemployment rate without the recovery plan vary substantially. Some private forecasters anticipate unemployment rates as high as 11% in the absence of action

You can spin all you want, but she promised some very concrete results and didn't deliver. There is no disclaimer that says the stimulus might result in unemployment at 10.1%.

Nice Post

truth is hard for the Left
In fact, it is their worst enemy

As I'm sure you've read, it gets even better:

Second, as emphasized above, there is considerable uncertainty in our estimates: both the impact of the package on GDP and the relationship between higher GDP and job creation are hard to estimate precisely. In light of the substantial quarter-to-quarter variation in the estimates of job creation, we believe a reasonable range for 2010Q4 is 3.3 to 4.1 million jobs created.

And the results:

Change in total number of employed by month in thousands:

Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
2009 -514 -865 -102 -428 -314 -184 -385 -618 -398 197 -630
2010 551 187 254 430 -29 -261 -101 276 111 -294 -175 297

A loss of 2,995,000 jobs by the end of Q4 2010.

To be fair, since then the numbers look rosier - we've only lost 2,867,000 job since January 2009. :eusa_eh:

hehehehe I love Obama and his policies. Come 2012 come the year of the presidential elections come.....

Obama’s Plan on Unemployment Extension and Tax Cuts
December 7, 2010 | by Timothy Scranton | Unemployment News | Share President Barack Obama announced on Monday that he would compromise on the tax cuts passed during the Bush administration era in return for allowing the unemployed to receive up to 99 weeks of extended jobless benefits through 2011.

The plan still needs to be approved by Congress.

“I’m not willing to let working families across the country become collateral damage to political warfare here in Washington,” he said.

The news comes as nationwide unemployment jumped to 9.8%, the highest rate since April.

The U.S. unemployment rate has hovered over 9% for more than 1.5 years, the longest period of time since WWII.

Obama did not mention any relief for 99ers.

I love this guy. Lying pathetic piece of shit. I love him.

They raised it 7 times under Boooosh, and the Dems never filibustered or held the country hostage. STUPID ARGUMENT from Foxbots. tyvm

Obama said that raising the debt ceiling was 'a sign of failed leadership'.

Hypocrite.

Because, as we all know, running a huge deficit during normal times is the same thing as running a deficit to pay for unemployment benefits during the aftermath of a recession.

They raised it 7 times under Boooosh, and the Dems never filibustered or held the country hostage. STUPID ARGUMENT from Foxbots. tyvm

Hypocrite.

Because, as we all know, running a huge deficit during normal times is the same thing as running a deficit to pay for unemployment benefits during the aftermath of a recession.

Is that what you think is causing the deficit?

Wow!

Hypocrite.

Wow!

No, but it is the vast majority of the increased spending from 2008 to today. The rest of the growth in the deficit comes from declining revenue.

well well

Posted by Jim Hoft on Saturday, July 16, 2011, 2:51 PM
Every democrat voted “no” including Obama.
Drudge just posted this debt vote reminder from 5 years ago.
EVERY SINGLE Democrat opposed raising the debt limit when George W. Bush was president.

list of votes at site.

Every – Single – One.

It’s funny how things change when there’s a new occupant in the White House, huh?

from with comments at.
The Gateway Pundit | Where Hope Made a Comeback

Absolutely right. And the GOP raised the debt ceiling TEN TIMES under Bush. Always claimed it was not an indication of failure or anything else.

Like you say, funny what happens when the WH gets a new occupant, eh?

It's what they do. They're politicians.

Wow!

No, but it is the vast majority of the increased spending from 2008 to today. The rest of the growth in the deficit comes from declining revenue.

That's actually not true.

Government Spending in United States: Federal State Local 2011 - Charts Tables History

yep, and back then Obama was saying

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. ... It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our government's reckless fiscal policies." -- Barack Obama(when speaking about a Republican President of course! )

Can you saying raging asshole hypocrite?

So you think Obama was right back then, and wrong now?

Yes I believe Obama was right and and wrong now, F-ing absolutely. And it isn't hypocritical either. Let me break it down for you, since you obviously haven't a clue.

The Republican majority and president raised the debt ceiling and engaged in spending increases throughout the majority of the last decade. After the 2008 elections many Republicans were voted out by a enthused Obama base and a disgusted Republican based. Disgusted at how their party acted. What has the Tea Party continually said was their mission statement? Reducing spending and the scope of government.

I attended some of the first Tea Parties and have donated and volunteered for Ron Paul's candidacy, both in 2008 and I intend to do so as well in 2012. I'm not a hypocrite and neither are any of the tens of millions of Americans that elected Tea Party Republicans and have literally changed the face and mission of the Republican Party.

It wasn't racism as so many shallow Democrats have insinuated and insisted. I think these things are extremely clear, but if I relied on MSNBC and the Huffington Post for all of my news I would be misinformed a lot too.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies. … Increasing America’s debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that ‘the buck stops here. Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better." - Senator Obama 2006

The 2006 debt limit increase was only $850 billion, compare that to the $2 trillion Obama now believes is necessary to keep the sky up; literally threatening--lying and it has been proven beyond a doubt--everything from social security benefits to military pay. This is been the most honest and respectful quote I've ever read from Obama.

I want all these liberals in this thread to explain to me why the Democrats have changed their position. I think I've demonstrated why the Republican Party's changed; they were voted out and an electorate that has always been against deficit spending and the size of government since the 70's--but it was really racism right?-- elected a whole new Republican Party.

The Democrats, our man-child president, voted against raising the debt ceiling not because of ideology--I think the lefts has demonstrated that fact very well--but because of politics. The same politics that Rachel Maddow and that fat guy from the Turkish Youtube show bemoan is going to cause the sky to fall upon us. Please someone explain it to me.

Last edited:

That's actually not true.

Government Spending in United States: Federal State Local 2011 - Charts Tables History

You realize nothing in your link contradicts what I said, right?

No.

You said that unemployment benefits is the vast majority of the increased spending from 2008 to today. That is incorrect. Spending in 2008 was 2.982 Trillion. It's 3.8 Trillion now. We have not spent an extra $800 Billion on unemployment benefits, nor even close to half that.

because they couldn't.....the reps had the house and a senate majority above 50 and under 60....you might want to check on what requires a cloture vote, or not. ever heard the term reconciliation?

and I don't see how that excuses Obama's statement, unless words only have meaning when he says they do, or not.

Last edited:

Wasn't aware you could filibuster a budget bill.

Ah, cause you can't.

;)

I think you dodged the point warsaw was making. The Dems never walked out of talks or "held the country hostage" so to speak, when Bush and the GOP raised the debt ceiling 7 (I thought it was 10) times. Where was their self-righteous feelings on the subject of the debt ceiling then?

Dems and Repubs are all just policitians. When they're in power it's okay. When the other side is, it's tyranny...

So they voted no by accident? Obama criticized leadership failures for a need for a raise by accident?

Both sides always did this in the past. Anyone on the right who thinks there are points to be scored here is mentally retarded.

No you are Retarded. That was then, this is now. Americans are aware of the Debt problem like never before. As long as Democrats fail to understand that things have changed, and the General Public is awake to the Looming Disaster Continued Deficit spending will bring to us, they will continue to lose ground, like they did in 2010.

You realize nothing in your link contradicts what I said, right?

No.

You said that unemployment benefits is the vast majority of the increased spending from 2008 to today. That is incorrect. Spending in 2008 was 2.982 Trillion. It's 3.8 Trillion now. We have not spent an extra $800 Billion on unemployment benefits, nor even close to half that.

The Mythical Obama Spending Binge | The New Republic

That second chart? "Income security" is unemployment, food stamps, and TANF.

Wasn't aware you could filibuster a budget bill.

Ah, cause you can't.

;)

Debt ceiling would have been a separate vote. Unless they included reconciliation instructions for it, it could have been filibustered. Even so, they could have taken in hostage in 07/08 if they wanted to.

Forum List

Back