Debate Time! You be the Moderator...

Seawytch

Information isnt Advocacy
Aug 5, 2010
Peaking out from the redwoods
You get to ask two questions of each candidate. What questions would you ask?

Here’s mine…

To Governor Romney:

1. Please name a time where you chose the side of labor over management.

2. Why would someone wanting to be President of the United States invest so much of his money in overseas accounts?

To President Obama:

1. You once supported a Public Option. Do you still and do you have plans in your next term to work towards one?

2. What are your plans for the drug war in your second term?

Dumb questions...obviously heavily weighted.
What are your plans for the drug war? :lol: ....talk about a softball.

Here is a question for Obama...
1) Your are campaigning for "rebuilding the economy from the ground up...not the top down" - so why have you done exactly the opposite of that in your Presidency?

Last edited:
Gov Romney, besides your skin color and Party affiliation, how is your candidacy any different that Obama's?

To both men:

"Are you for or against a Constitutional Amendment outlawing the Presidential Pardon? Why or why not?"

There is no need for a pardon and almost every one of them is a nearly criminal act of personal hubris by the chief executive.

"If elected in November, will you...in one of your budgets...institute a zero-based budgeting model and submit the budget to Congress above your signature?"

This would highlight exactly what the President supports when he submits his budget. Starting from zero and just having the programs he supports in the buget. It will go nowhere but this would be a moment of truth for the President. Four years from now, it can be brought up at the 2016 debates, "Mr. President, in 2012, you submitted a budget that included no funds for the EPA..." for example.

Ok here are my questions this one is for both men.
Would you support term limits for members of Congress?
For Governor Romney.
Would you ever consider raising taxes to help raise revenue to pay down the debt?
For President Obama.
Besides defense what programs or departments you be willing to cut or eliminate to save money and pay down the debt?

For Governor Romney.
Would you ever consider raising taxes to help raise revenue to pay down the debt?
For President Obama.
Besides defense what programs or departments you be willing to cut or eliminate to save money and pay down the debt?

Excellent questions. Especially the tax one

For Governor Romney.
For President Obama.

I would think that the concerns that any person has would generate the same question to go to each candidate.

My thing is how to balance the budget, what is your plan and timeline?

How do feel the Federal government should interact in the lives of the citizens and please cite the parts of the Constitution that you use to support this interaction.

What must a President accomplish to be remembered as Great President?

How do you plan to accomplish that?

I would have no questions for Obama. He has shown his hand for 4 years now, anyone who doesn't know what to expect of him has their head in the sand.

Here’s mine…

To Governor Romney:

2. Why would someone wanting to be President of the United States invest so much of his money in overseas accounts?

To President Obama:

1. You once supported a Public Option. Do you still and do you have plans in your next term to work towards one?

I hate to sound like a troll but, talk about a bias questionaire. :lol:
I was waiting for a third question to Obama being, If you were a tree, what tree would you be?

They should be asked the same question and see the differences in their answers.

"Is cutting up the DOD budget to funnel that money to the Department of Energy, Department of Education, HHS, etc.....good policy?"

"Is the USA the standard for other countries to follow in the world?"

"Has the USA done more good or more harm on this planet?"

To Mitt: Can you name anyone alive in politics that through policy is closer to Obama than yourself?

To Obama: Can you name anyone alive in politics today that though policy is closer to Mitt than yourself?

To both: By policy, why do you think the other has been such a bad politicians as you both claim the other is?

The main issue is no question you ask will truly be answered. You could ask Obama why he ran as the President that will end wars but only ended Iraq on Bush’s timetable, started a war in Libya and expanded Afghanistan while starting conflicts with Syria, Pakistan and Iran. You could ask Obama why the NDAA was a good thing by bringing the war on terror to its own citizens and also how is that not even more extreme than what people would have claimed Bush would have done at his worst? Or why Obama passed the Bush era tax cuts when he promised to let them sunset, or why Guantanamo is still open. Maybe you can ask Obama what was the worst of Bush era policies Obama managed to repeal, or how close did you (Obama) get to cutting the deficit in half as he promised he would in his first term.

You could ask Mitt why he supported Obama’s stimulus, TARP, NDAA and Obamacare… You could ask Mitt why Romneycare gets 550 million a year from the federal Government and how does that no translate to a raising taxing all Americans for his states program.

All these questions would be answered by non answers.

To Governor Romney:
What are the highlights of your alternative to the ACA? Give specifics.

What is not being done to create jobs in the US? Give specifics.

To President Obama:
In 2019, the ACA stops federal funding for the states which pays for the millions of people added to their Medicaid rolls under the Act. At that point, each state's costs under the ACA will rise by billions of dollars a year. Why should the states opt in to ObamaCare?

When will you submit a balanced budget?

Last edited:

Here’s mine…

To Governor Romney:

To President Obama:

I hate to sound like a troll but, talk about a bias questionaire. :lol:
I was waiting for a third question to Obama being, If you were a tree, what tree would you be?

Yup.

"Hey Mitt, why are you a racist ugly POS woman hater???!!!"

"Obama, my lord... Do you feel humbled when looking back on how you saved the US from a Depression and view it as just an opportunity to server your country as simply an American? Or do you take some small amount of pride in knowing you're above average foresight saved us all, especially Republicans and children from starving in the streets?"

My question to Romney (along with a lot of conservatives): If its the princple of the GOP to NEVER EVER RAISE TAXES EVER, then how does the government plan to pay for the the many many services it provides?

My view on taxes*: Higher taxes, more services the gov't provides.
Less tax = less service or lower quality service (this mean SS, public education, and Healthcare, to name a few)

Roads, buldings, fire fighters and police officers....
^just a couple more things that taxes provide for.

Anyone want to answer this?

* A very general, vague view.

Last edited:
My question to Romney (along with a lot of conservatives): If its the princple of the GOP to NEVER EVER RAISE TAXES EVER, then how does the government plan to pay for the the many many services it provides?

My view on taxes*: Higher taxes, more services the gov't provides.
Less tax = less service or lower quality service (this mean SS, public education, and Healthcare, to name a few)

Roads, buldings, fire fighters and police officers....
^just a couple more things that taxes provide for.

Anyone want to answer this?

* A very general, vague view.
Start with roads, buildings, fire fighters and police officers.

None of them are provided for or paid for at the federal level. You are asking a NATIONAL Candidate.....Please learn what the hell your talking about before making a fool of yourself.

My view. Federal government does not exist to provide "Services" to the people. It exists to provide defense of the country, and to interact with the rest of the world.

You want services, go to your State for them and get the people of YOUR state to pay for them.

Obama:

Why have you done a complete 180° re: legalization of marijuana. It could be a HUGE boon to the budget.

What specific steps do you intend to take with regards to the deficit.

Romney:

If you intend to repeal the ACA, then what are your solutions for America's spiraling health care costs?

Many economists have made it clear that your budget will make things worse, not better. What is your response.

Forum List

Back