Death Sucks

Lost my SIL (hub's sister) last Monday, 5/20.

Lost my aunt (my mom's sister) Tuesday, 5/28.

Lost my dad yesterday (5/30).

Hey God, knock it off.

:(

So sorry to hear that Z-b. Lost my Dad last October, and that was tough enough by itself.

My heart goes out to you, and prayers for you and your family.

While I was in Atlanta my father's last living sibling died. She was pushing 100 or had knocked it over, I don't recall. But her obit was a trip. She had 3 husbands, went on countless cruises and brought home a new man every trip.

Hey God, knock it off.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/general-discussion/297181-from-bad-to-worse.html

Lost my mom early Monday morning.

Three weeks, four deaths.

Numb and just going on auto pilot atm.

I thank you all for your prayers, well wishes, and thoughts. Say an extra prayer for my one brother, he is not handling this very well.

I'll be back . . . . .

:eusa_pray::eusa_pray::eusa_pray::eusa_pray:

I was always taught to never say, "What else can go wrong?"
Because HE will show you
~hugs

Again, I want to thank everyone for their well-wishes and prayers. It actually helps quite a bit.

We are in the process of clearing out their apartment at the retirement place. We just moved them in last October. When they moved in I said to my brothers that I didn't think they'd both be here this time next year. Wasn't being morose or anything, it was just a gut feeling. Didn't expect that neither would be here.

Fortunately we can just pack up a lot of their things and my one brother has a spare room so for now we're just putting everything in there and closing the door. We can revisit it all later when we're up to it.

The retirement place will handle anything we leave behind, so that helps some. Packing up their tchotchkes and such I'm ok with ... seeing that glass that my mom always used (small and she held it in the palm of her hand due to the RA) .. damn, it's so hard. And here didn't she have three of those glasses. One for each of us I guess.

Very, very sad but moving through it. I was thinking about it all ... my SIL, aunt and dad, while surprising to get that call, their deaths were not unexpected; my mom was completely unexpected but in hindsight, not surprising. Still waiting to see if they somehow let me know they are ok. A sign ... something. The last night I was with my mom I whispered in her ear to move something in our house out of place so I'd know they were all ok. So far the only thing out of place is stuff that the kids or hubs do on a daily basis. Some things never change.

Hey God, knock it off.

My condolences.

Seems to be the season..

My old boss from the moving company just lost his first born son.

27 years old.

So sad.

I am sorry to hear of your recent losses, ZB. May you stay strong in this time of great sadness and despair.

Oh my you poor baby! Cyberhugs going your way.

You need a break. God Bless you.

Zoom-boing, I'm saddened to hear you're losing all your loved ones at the same time, and have put your family on my prayer list for having to face all this loss so quickly. I just found this thread today. :huddle:

Should I mention that my husband's uncle died Sunday? That damn grim reaper needs to leave us alone.

I miss them all but I really, really miss my mom. Damn. :(

I can identify with that, Zoom-boing! I lost my Mom in 1986. I still can't believe she's gone. She was the only person who ever gave me totally unconditional love. The only person who made me feel totally safe. When she died, the world changed, and not for the better.

Oh, life goes on, and all that. I still laugh and have good times. But something is definitely missing. I sure hope we'll meet again.

Hey God, knock it off.

My grandmother died June 2nd, I thought that was bad enough. So sorry for losses. Death does suck.

My hub's uncle died about a week or so after my mom, both my brothers had to have their cats put down in October and my mom's last sibling, her oldest sister, passed away this past Saturday.

Six relatives, two pets gone within a seven month period.

I truly cannot wait until this year is over.

My husband's aunt (his mom's sister) died on 12/14.

Seven in seven plus two pets.

This had better be the last damn post I make in this thread.

Forum List

Back