Death row inmate's prison food complaint rejected

They have a right to be fed. They don't have a right to be fed what they want.

Whether or not someone is wrongly convicted has nothing to do with this discussion. Many of those in prison claim they didn't do what they were convicted of.

It's religious discrimination. It makes no difference what a person did or didnt do. Discrimination is illegal and immoral.
His crime is not relevant. He is being discriminated against. It doesn't matter if he is locked up for overdue library books or capital murder.

I am not much for the death penalty but these two men were abrehended on leaving the property in the victims car, after killing the 3 females, and raping the two daughters and beating up the husband and then setting fired to their home.
I think if he doesn't want to eat so be it, and also

"The judge noted that Hayes is offered kosher meals, and the state Department of Correction has two rabbis who periodically monitor the preparation of kosher foods in the prison system. The judge said both rabbis certified that the food and the food preparation process comply with dietary laws"

I don't care what he did. Personally, he can choke to death for all I care. But I am still against discrimination. Even if he was set to be executed.

But if he is being given kosher food certified by two rabbis, then what the hell is the problem? Something don't jive there. Does that mean they actually do have kosher available, they are just denying him access to it? Most prisons do actually have kosher and halal, as well as diabetic and other special dietary needs programs. I don't understand what the issue is here if he is getting those meals after all.

If giving him special food involves taxpayer money going to it, it's a violation of what Liberals call a separation of religion and government.

You don't care about those to whom he did it as long as the piece of shit gets better treatment than the innocent ones he killed. So sad that you care more about him than his innocent victims.

I don't care about him or his victims. This is about discrimination. As I said, personally, I hope he friggin chokes on it. But I am not going to support discrimination. I don't care what someone did or didn't do.

Separation of church and state means that the government can't force religious views on a person. It doesn't mean they reserve the right to discriminate against your religious views. Liberal or conservative or whatever.

What you support is him over his innocent victims and that is a disgrace. That you don't care about his victims but that he gets a kosher meal shows the type person you are. You admit you care more about him than innocent people. You're worse than he is.

If taxpayer money is being used to further his religion, it violates the separation. If taxpayer money can't be used for that nativity scene, it can't be used to buy meals based on religion. It's the same thing.

The murdering scum has access to kosher meals. It says it in the OP's link. The meals are certified by two Rabbi's to be kosher. He is demanding some further kind of certification or challenging the Rabbi's.

Forum List

Back