Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Right leaning & pro capital punishment

Votes: 65 44.5%
  • Right leaning & anti capital punishment

Votes: 26 17.8%
  • Right leaning & ambivalent

Votes: 9 6.2%

• Total voters
Prisons are just holding pens for the poor, mentally defective, and the emotional unstable who have struck back at society. Most were never found guilty by a jury; they agreed to a plea bargain. So instead of facing the death penalty they get life. Instead of 20 for armed robbery they get five. In most cases they just don't want to gamble on a public defender. It has nothing to do with guilt or innocence.

Our criminal justice system is anything but just. The only thing worst would be no system at all.

Absolutely spot on. It's funny, when you accept a plea bargain the judge asks if you are doing so under your own free will. Well, of course you are. You're doing it so you get 5 years instead of 20. But the thing is that while it doesn't legally count as coercion, it absolutely is a form of coercion.

Its the ultimate......Do you feel lucky?

cus they were not proven quilty by a jury does not mean they were innocent.
they had a choice to be tried by a jury of their peers or cop a plea in front of a judge .
they choose the later ....

Goes both ways. Just because a jury rules guilty does not mean the defendant actually was guilty.
of course thats why is not a easy question to answer do you execute every single person found quilty of murder
no of course not .

do you reserve the right to execute for really heinouis crimes ,of course dont take it of the table .
there are lots of checks and balances in the system most in favor of the accused but
can we as humans make a mistake yes of course we can.

but putting a person in jail for 30 /40 years where he might die for a crime he didnt commit is a injustice to ..
where do we draw the line ?
there are folks in jail for 30 years for smoking /selling dope there are folks in jail for 30 . years for killing somebody
which one is suffering the most injustice ?

Interesting results of this poll. I voted conservative pro....but I should clarify a little bite. I am for the Death penalties for only certain types of capital crimes. Starting with failure to use your fucking turn signals and working the way up to mass murder in the 1st degree.

You get as much justice as you can afford. OJ proved that.
Prisons are just holding pens for the poor, mentally defective, and the emotional unstable who have struck back at society. Most were never found guilty by a jury; they agreed to a plea bargain. So instead of facing the death penalty they get life. Instead of 20 for armed robbery they get five. In most cases they just don't want to gamble on a public defender. It has nothing to do with guilt or innocence.

Our criminal justice system is anything but just. The only thing worst would be no system at all.
cus they were not proven quilty by a jury does not mean they were innocent.
they had a choice to be tried by a jury of their peers or cop a plea in front of a judge .
they choose the later ....
Plea bargains are a way of bypassing the most important step in judicial process, the right to a fair trial by ones pears, in order to reduce cost. It is an unjust process for both the state and the accused particularly the poor. The state is well aware that when the accused is wealthy, the prosecution will be facing top legal talent and an expensive drawn out trial. When the accused is poor, the likely scenario is the state will be facing a relatively short trial against a public defender or a lawyer doing pro bono work. Who do you think is going to get the best deal in a plea bargain?

you certainly can libertarians are for smaller GOVT and opposed to it interfering in private lives private choices . law and order in a society is a differant animal without it you have anarchy
you obviosly dont understand the libertarian manifesto

Oh, I understand it quite well. In other words, we support small government where we see fit and large government when it benefits us. LOL, yeah, sure. I also understand that the libertarian concept has been hijacked by ex-republicans who see it as a new angle from which to push their own big government agenda beneath the guise of lesser government.

you certainly can libertarians are for smaller GOVT and opposed to it interfering in private lives private choices . law and order in a society is a differant animal without it you have anarchy

Oh, I understand it quite well. In other words, we support small government where we see fit and large government when it benefits us. LOL, yeah, sure. I also understand that the libertarian concept has been hijacked by ex-republicans who see it as a new angle from which to push their own big government agenda beneath the guise of lesser government.
It's pretty dingy to suggest the size of government should be uniform across the board, whatever the hell that means. Libertarianism dictates that the role of government should be minimized, and I don't see capitol punishment as a pressing issue for that dictum.

Pretty weird.

It's pretty dingy to suggest the size of government should be uniform across the board, whatever the hell that means. Libertarianism dictates that the role of government should be minimized, and I don't see capitol punishment as a pressing issue for that dictum.

Pretty weird.

What is bigger government than capital punishment? How can someone be for minimizing the role of government and yet allow it to have power of execution of its own citizens. I agree, it's pretty weird.

I don't understand people who claim the government is incompetent at everything that it does, but still willingly give the government power to kill.

One single falsely convicted person being executed is enough of a reason for me not to support capital punishment - and there have been hundreds, if not thousands.

Hello?? Really?? I guess we have to go back to school here, don't we?

I am assuming that the "government" that you are referring to is the same government that administers the social security system, inspects meat prior to sale, plans and builds the roads that we drive on, and provides air traffic controllers so that planes don't crash into one another in the sky overhead. If that is the case, the "government" does not have the power to kill, as you so incorrectly put it.

When a person commits a heinous crime, they are arrested and charged with the crime. The District Attorney, here representing the "people" prosecute the accused with the Defense Attorney representing the best interest of the accused. Originally, the system was weighted (and more so now) so that the people were at a disadvantage in having to prove "beyond a reasonable doubt" that the accused in fact committed the crime. In the case of death penalty cases, their must also be proven facts in the case in which the crime was specifically "heinous".

Here's where you may be getting confused. Twelve people, agreed to by "the people" and the defense listen to the evidence and then decide if the accused is in fact guilty. If they are, then they also must weigh the evidence to ensure that the requirements for heinous acts fit the crime. If they do, then the jury may recommend the death sentence. Depending on what state, the judge may be required to sentence as the jury found, or they may disregard the sentence and impose their own.

Now the "government" gets involved and takes the accused into custody where they are imprisoned for probably about 15 years. The "government", if all of the appeals fail, then administers the sentence imposed by the jury.

By the way, unless you have been in a coma for the last three weeks, I am almost positive that any half-sane person could look at whats going on with our out-of-control government and conclude that it is slightly less efficient that several dead batteries. Big government is a pathway to tyranny and in the IRS scandal, we are seeing exactly that.

I am assuming that the "government" that you are referring to is the same government that administers the social security system, inspects meat prior to sale, plans and builds the roads that we drive on, and provides air traffic controllers so that planes don't crash into one another in the sky overhead. If that is the case, the "government" does not have the power to kill, as you so incorrectly put it.

When a person commits a heinous crime, they are arrested and charged with the crime. The District Attorney, here representing the "people" prosecute the accused with the Defense Attorney representing the best interest of the accused. Originally, the system was weighted (and more so now) so that the people were at a disadvantage in having to prove "beyond a reasonable doubt" that the accused in fact committed the crime. In the case of death penalty cases, their must also be proven facts in the case in which the crime was specifically "heinous".

Here's where you may be getting confused. Twelve people, agreed to by "the people" and the defense listen to the evidence and then decide if the accused is in fact guilty. If they are, then they also must weigh the evidence to ensure that the requirements for heinous acts fit the crime. If they do, then the jury may recommend the death sentence. Depending on what state, the judge may be required to sentence as the jury found, or they may disregard the sentence and impose their own.

Now the "government" gets involved and takes the accused into custody where they are imprisoned for probably about 15 years. The "government", if all of the appeals fail, then administers the sentence imposed by the jury.

By the way, unless you have been in a coma for the last three weeks, I am almost positive that any half-sane person could look at whats going on with our out-of-control government and conclude that it is slightly less efficient that several dead batteries. Big government is a pathway to tyranny and in the IRS scandal, we are seeing exactly that.

That's a lot of typing to say that we're right, the government does kill people. The jury is instructed of the law, which is decided and administered by the government, by the judge who is an agent of the government, in a court of law run by the government. It'a all one and the same.

And most people are idiots. Would you want your fate decided by twelve of your peers? Not me, they're fucking idiots. How many people have been let off death row because they were innocent? How many have we put to death only to find out that they were innocent too late?

Type all the hot air you want, the fact remains that it's the government that puts people to death. And you cannot be for "small government" and be for capital punishment.

Pretty weird.

What is bigger government than capital punishment? How can someone be for minimizing the role of government and yet allow it to have power of execution of its own citizens. I agree, it's pretty weird.

Is that why the left supports the "ceremonial" enforcement of gun laws through regulations, without the need to have any teeth towards sentencing. I believe certain cases justify the death penalty, depending on the crime: such as the killing of a state trooper or in the case of convicted a serial killer. Of course we DO have DNA and other continuing advances in science to bring more certainty of one's guilt in the crime. Still, it's rather interesting and speaks volumes on how we view and respect the roles of cops, it we aren't willing to have capital punishment laws to protect their lives. Guess we can see the human "value" that comes with the job "To Protect and Serve".

Last edited:
Interesting results of this poll. I voted conservative pro....but I should clarify a little bite. I am for the Death penalties for only certain types of capital crimes. Starting with failure to use your fucking turn signals and working the way up to mass murder in the 1st degree.

Don't forget creating and disemminating computer viruses!

Catch those assholes, try them, if convicted take them behind the courthouse and shoot them. No appeal!

Immie

Is that why the left supports the "ceremonial" enforcement of gun laws through regulations, without the need to have any teeth towards sentencing. I believe certain cases justify the death penalty, depending on the crime: such as the killing of a state trooper or in the case of convicted a serial killer. Of course we DO have DNA and other continuing advances in science to bring more certainty of one's guilt in the crime. Still, it's rather interesting and speaks volumes on how we view and respect the roles of cops, it we aren't willing to have capital punishment laws to protect their lives. Guess we can see the human "value" that comes with the job "To Protect and Serve".

I wouldn't know why the left supports gun control. Gun grabbers confuse me.

But your post is moot, because capital punishment doesn't deter people from shooting cops. It doesn't deter anyone from doing anything. That has been proven.

I wouldn't know why the left supports gun control. Gun grabbers confuse me.

But your post is moot, because capital punishment doesn't deter people from shooting cops. It doesn't deter anyone from doing anything. That has been proven.

It's proven because of the time involved, as well as appeals, between sentencing and execution. Why should any criminal be fearful of the death penalty with such a prolonged outcome?

you dont get it do you ?
a large govt doesnt mean MORE effective govt a small govt only controlling *what the constitution * allows it to would be much more efficent instead what we have is a juggernaut govt poking its nose and controlling things which the foundling fathers left to the people to decide about thou the individual states .

govt has grown and employs 4 times as many citizens as is it did in the 1900s and we pay 6 times more taxes (for less ) and still the govt runs in the red ,the extra tax is swollowed up in beurocracy .
as to the DP its a law it doesn,t depend on the size of the govt to be inacted
it remains the same as it did 2 centuries ago one judge ,12 jurers(free ) plus defence /prosecution teams a small price to pay for justice .

Last edited:
It's proven because of the time involved, as well as appeals, between sentencing and execution. Why should any criminal be fearful of the death penalty with such a prolonged outcome?

Umm, no. Most murders are committed in the heat of passion, they don't think about the consequences long enough for it to be a deterrent. And if you're in a situation where you're trying to kill a cop, you're very likely already up shit creek and would welcome the death sentence over life in prison.

You haven't thought this through at all, and it's obvious.

you dont get it do you ?
a large govt doesnt mean MORE effective govt a small govt only controlling *what the constitution * allows it to would be much more efficent instead what we have is a juggernaut govt poking its nose and controlling things which the foundling fathers left to the people to decide about thou the individual states .

govt has grown and employs 4 times as many citizens as is it did in the 1900s and we pay 6 times more taxes (for less ) and still the govt runs in the red ,the extra tax is swollowed up in beurocracy .
as to the DP its a law it doesn,t depend on the size of the govt to be inacted
it remains the same as it did 2 centuries ago one judge ,12 jurers(free ) plus defence /prosecution teams a small price to pay for justice .

Use a spellcheck and maybe we can have a serious discussion. Right now I can't see past your errors. They are stultifying your argument.

Umm, no. Most murders are committed in the heat of passion, they don't think about the consequences long enough for it to be a deterrent. And if you're in a situation where you're trying to kill a cop, you're very likely already up shit creek and would welcome the death sentence over life in prison.

You haven't thought this through at all, and it's obvious.

I have thought this through. I just have more respect for the need to protect our law enforcement, over protecting those who choose to kill them from facing their consequences with capital punishment. I have never swayed from that position, never will.

Forum List

Back