Death Penalty- No Doubt

Studies show the death penalty is more expensive

Please clarify with links. :)

Perhaps he has this in mind......

Obama: My Plan Makes Electricity Rates Skyrocket

But.....but....Obaaaama! <sob> <sob>

Bravo!

Bravo!

So good to see that your many years on this planet have not been wasted! All the experience, the education, the meditation.....

How else could one come up with the perceptive and poignant defense of your hero, your champion!

Bravo!

No doubt social media will be abuzz with praise from other Liberals wishing that they, too, could be as ........creative.

I'd ask you to take a bow....but you might not be able to reconsitiute your full 3 foot 4 inch height.

Time for your nap?

Still incapable of remaining on topic....even in your own thread

You really need to consider Ritalin

So sorry......There is no way you can be in charge of what I post....

You have run up against my solid wall of noncompliance.

But....I forgot your prize for the brilliant Obama support you provided:

Geritol and prunes on the way!

They'll be waiting when the bus gets you back from bingo.

I don't believe in the electric chair.

My plan....the electric sofa, so we can take 3-4 of 'em at a time.

Friday the 13th: Dialogue Doomsday

When I watch the movie the Hollywood (USA) horror-paranoia movie "Friday the 13th" (2009) which presents the story of a psychotic hockey-mask wearing serial killer named Jason Voorhees who stalks American teenagers at campsites and in the woods by a haunted lake, I think about how Americans conceptualize murder and mania in art.

Jason Voorhees is the real-deal 'evil leprechaun' who preys on our sensibilities about the unpredictability of safety zones. He is malicious, cold, and relentless, and perhaps for our modern age of pedestrianism (i.e., Facebook), maybe Jason is like an Internet hacker (so maybe he's real in a way).

If we rent "Friday the 13th" (2009) on Netflix, are we conscious of our views on the death penalty in the real world and how to punish real-life serial killers such as the Zodiac (the psychopath who performed pattern-killings in California during the 1960s-1970s)?

Does Jason Voorhees make us more curious or less curious about capital punishment?

:afro:

Capital Punishment (Wikipedia)

jason.jpg

"Dzhokhar Tsarnaev Gets Death Penalty in Boston Marathon Bombing
BOSTON — Dzhokhar Tsarnaev sat stone-faced in a federal court here on Friday as a jury sentenced him to death for setting off bombs at the 2013Boston Marathon that killed three people and injured hundreds more in the worst terrorist attack on American soil since Sept. 11, 2001.

The jury, which last month convicted Mr. Tsarnaev, 21, of all 30 charges against him, 17 of which carry the death penalty, took more than 14 hours to reach its decision.

In reaching its decision, the jury found that Mr. Tsarnaev had shown no remorse for his actions,..."

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/16/us/dzhokhar-tsarnaev-death-sentence.html?_r=0

The only way this could be considered as justice is if the sentence is carried out by 5pm today....at the latest.

Since no one on a federal death row has been offed since 1977, the piece of excrement will probably live out his life in a solitary cell.

Can't ever support the death penalty
Without it, you risk more people being killed, as long as the killer remains alive.
with it we risk murdering innocent people, not to mention the evil that is taking the life of anyone who is no danger to you or others. can't ever support the death penalty.
You've changed the subject. I'm talking about the cases where there IS NO RISK of executing innocent people, and where there condemned person IS a danger (to anyone).

Can't ever support the death penalty
Without it, you risk more people being killed, as long as the killer remains alive.
with it we risk murdering innocent people, not to mention the evil that is taking the life of anyone who is no danger to you or others. can't ever support the death penalty.
How can someone who is alive not be a danger to anyone without complete solitary confinement?
They can't. And they can still be a danger, even WITH solitary confinement. Solitary confinement isn't 100 "solitary". Prisoners in that status still come in contact with guards, doctors, dentists, barbers. etc

Since no one on a federal death row has been offed since 1977, the piece of excrement will probably live out his life in a solitary cell.

" His execution was carried out in a considerably shorter amount of time than average after his trial, as most convicts on death row in the United States spend many years there before being executed. McVeigh was executed about four years after his conviction by lethal injection on June 11, 2001..."
Timothy McVeigh - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Let's start the clock!

The Beltway Sniper terrorist (John Allen Muhammad), got dusted after just 5 years (from the time of his sentencing; Feb. 2004 to Nov. 2009) And he killed 27 people.

th

Forum List

Back