Dear White America: What About Black On Black Crime?

There is no need to break down by race any crimes committed. Murder, domestic violence, rape, and other crimes against humanity are committed by people of all racial backgrounds. What needs to happen is for society to root these people out. Point at them. Shame them. Stop mollycoddling people who commit crimes.

Two years ago or so there was video of a white judge in Texas beating his daughter with a belt. Yet he was allowed back into society and allowed to continue as a judge. People of all races have been allowed to get away with violence, including black men who assault their wives and girlfriends, and white men who do the same. The "me, too" movement has exposed many of this kind of people. This is what we need. Expose the wrongdoers. If you do these things, you must not be hidden away and protected by others. Look at the white guy who worked in the White House in the trump administration who beat up both of his wives. Look at the people who actively tried to cover it up. This is what is wrong with society today.

It was wrong yesterday, too. I recently watched a show about how Roman Catholic clergy in France hid Nazi war criminals from the authorities in the time after the end of WWII. As a little girl, I was taken to be indoctrinated by the Catholics, never being told of their behavior.

This is what has to stop. It has nothing to do with race. It has everything to do with cover-up.

Lys, women do just as bad as men. The difference is we generally don't call the police, and those who do aren't taken seriously. Men leave bruises people can see, women don't. And try to be a man trying to claim you were sexually harassed. Women do start fights, women do commit acts of violence against men and it's not always in self defense. I know this for I experienced It myself. And I am not the only man, nor am I part of some small number of men. We don't know how many men face this because men just take it. So when we talk about cover ups, let's talk about cover ups completely.

I agree. If you were a victim of violence, there is absolutely no shame in telling your story. Men who have experienced this mistreatment should come out and talk about it. They will be listened to. Having a disagreement, an argument, is a fact of life among human beings. Striking a person with whom you are having a disagreement, is not. All I'm saying is let's get this all out in the open. No more cover-ups. The people who participate in cover-ups are just as guilty as the perps themselves.

I've seen women be violent towards men. I (briefly!) dated a guy in college (a long time ago) who had had an affair. I did not know that the affair had resulted in a pregnancy. She came over to his group (five guys) house one day when I was there, breaking in through a basement window, and tore the place apart, shattering mirrors and breaking everything she could get her paws on. Needless to say, I dispensed with Jim. But we moved in packs in college, so I was there for the christening of Jim's baby with her. His mother was distraught as we climbed the steps to the church. I held his mother's hand through the entire ceremony after she said that in any other circumstances, the birth of her first grandchild would be the happiest day of her life. and started crying. Back to the house for the after-party, his father got drunk in the kitchen and asked me ("Miss New Jersey"' they were from Pennsylvania) why I could not have been with his Jimmy. My answer was that i tried, and that he needed to ask his son this question.

Short form: yes, I have seen a female person turn into a complete animal.

Majority of gun deaths are white guys committing suicide in Red States. Perhaps therapy would help? Something is going on with white guys in Red States.

So you're saying we don't have a gun problem after all? These school shootings, et al., only a minor diversion? Most gun deaths are whites killing themselves in Red States---- ---- let me chalk you up as a pro-gun proponent then. We don't have a gun problem, we simply need MORE of them according to you.

There is no need to break down by race any crimes committed. Murder, domestic violence, rape, and other crimes against humanity are committed by people of all racial backgrounds. What needs to happen is for society to root these people out. Point at them. Shame them. Stop mollycoddling people who commit crimes.

Two years ago or so there was video of a white judge in Texas beating his daughter with a belt. Yet he was allowed back into society and allowed to continue as a judge. People of all races have been allowed to get away with violence, including black men who assault their wives and girlfriends, and white men who do the same. The "me, too" movement has exposed many of this kind of people. This is what we need. Expose the wrongdoers. If you do these things, you must not be hidden away and protected by others. Look at the white guy who worked in the White House in the trump administration who beat up both of his wives. Look at the people who actively tried to cover it up. This is what is wrong with society today.

It was wrong yesterday, too. I recently watched a show about how Roman Catholic clergy in France hid Nazi war criminals from the authorities in the time after the end of WWII. As a little girl, I was taken to be indoctrinated by the Catholics, never being told of their behavior.

This is what has to stop. It has nothing to do with race. It has everything to do with cover-up.

Lys, women do just as bad as men. The difference is we generally don't call the police, and those who do aren't taken seriously. Men leave bruises people can see, women don't. And try to be a man trying to claim you were sexually harassed. Women do start fights, women do commit acts of violence against men and it's not always in self defense. I know this for I experienced It myself. And I am not the only man, nor am I part of some small number of men. We don't know how many men face this because men just take it. So when we talk about cover ups, let's talk about cover ups completely.

I agree. If you were a victim of violence, there is absolutely no shame in telling your story. Men who have experienced this mistreatment should come out and talk about it. They will be listened to. Having a disagreement, an argument, is a fact of life among human beings. Striking a person with whom you are having a disagreement, is not. All I'm saying is let's get this all out in the open. No more cover-ups. The people who participate in cover-ups are just as guilty as the perps themselves.

I've seen women be violent towards men. I (briefly!) dated a guy in college (a long time ago) who had had an affair. I did not know that the affair had resulted in a pregnancy. She came over to his group (five guys) house one day when I was there, breaking in through a basement window, and tore the place apart, shattering mirrors and breaking everything she could get her paws on. Needless to say, I dispensed with Jim. But we moved in packs in college, so I was there for the christening of Jim's baby with her. His mother was distraught as we climbed the steps to the church. I held his mother's hand through the entire ceremony after she said that in any other circumstances, the birth of her first grandchild would be the happiest day of her life. and started crying. Back to the house for the after-party, his father got drunk in the kitchen and asked me ("Miss New Jersey"' they were from Pennsylvania) why I could not have been with his Jimmy. My answer was that i tried, and that he needed to ask his son this question.

I agree with you 100 percent. As for the guy you mentioned cheating is wrong. That's something I have never done. I used to break up if another woman was more interesting but not cheat. I provably lost some good women for making that mistake too because some of them really weren't more interesting.

I agree with you 100 percent. As for the guy you mentioned cheating is wrong. That's something I have never done. I used to break up if another woman was more interesting but not cheat. I provably lost some good women for making that mistake too because some of them really weren't more interesting.

I don't think that he cheated on me. I think that he just started dating me knowing that he already had one in the oven and didn't have the guts to tell me. He presented himself as someone unattached and available and openly made his advances toward me. I felt sorry for his parents at the christening. There is no chapter in Life's Little Instruction Book that tells one how to react when the parents of one's ex-boyfriend tell her that she should have been their daughter-in-law and the mother of their first grandchild. Hopefully they made it back to Pennsylvania and probably are now are resting in peace.

I don't think that he cheated on me. I think that he just started dating me knowing that he already had one in the oven and didn't have the guts to tell me. He presented himself as someone unattached and available and openly made his advances toward me. I felt sorry for his parents at the christening. There is no chapter in Life's Little Instruction Book that tells one how to react when the parents of one's ex-boyfriend tell her that she should have been their daughter-in-law and the mother of their first grandchild. Hopefully they made it back to Pennsylvania and probably are now are resting in peace.

Understood.

Understood.

Thanks. People suck sometimes. And some of them really, really suck.

Understood.

Thanks. People suck sometimes. And some of them really, really suck.

True. So very true.

Why We Never Talk About Black-on-Black Crime: An Answer to White America’s Most Pressing Question

You’ve heard it before. It is the most frequent response to any accusation of police brutality. It is the repeated sleight of hand used to distract and drown out the voices of Black Lives Matter. It is an oft-used “alt-right” refrain and a sincere query from curious white questioners. It is the weapon of choice for the black practitioners of respectability politics and the favorite follow-up for people who frame their arguments with the preamble, “Not all white people ... ”

Why don’t black people ever talk about black-on-black crime?

Instead of rejecting the entire notion as a method of deflection and privilege, we will attempt to formally dismiss the conversation forever by laying out the facts about why white America never hears us talk about black-on-black crime.

It’s not a thing.

According to the FBI’s uniform crime-reporting data for 2016, 90.1 percent of black victims of homicide were killed by other blacks, while 83.5 percent of whites were killed by other whites. While no life is inconsequential, the statistical evidence shows that—just as for blacks when it comes to black-on-black crime—whites are mostly victimized by other whites, with the vast majority of white murders committed by whites. This is because most victims of crime personally know their assailants. And while this is a truth across racial boundaries, no one ever talks about “white-on-white crime.”

Furthermore, the Bureau of Justice Statistics’ arrest data analysis tool shows that less than 1 percent of blacks overall (about 2 percent of black men) commit a violent crime in any given year. This means, factoring in interracial violent offenses, 99 percent of black men do not commit black-on-black crime.

It has nothing to do with what we are talking about.

Imagine the head of Homeland Security walking up to the microphone to hold a press conference after a horrific terrorist attack, but when reporters start asking him about stopping terrorism and catching the culprits, he begins talking about texting and driving.

Sounds stupid, right?

But distracted driving kills more Americans each year than terrorism (and black-on-black crime), according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, so, according to the advocates of conversations about black-on-black crime, we should be discussing this first.

It is true that the vast majority of black murders are committed by black men, and we should do something to combat that statistic (we will get to that later, I promise), but that fact has nothing to do with state violence. When anyone interrupts a discussion about Black Lives Matter by bringing up black-on-black crime, it sounds as stupid as if a doctor addressed a cancerous brain tumor by asking about domestic violence, or if America’s highest-ranking government official addressed white supremacist Nazi-palooza by talking about the so-called alt-left and the “very fine” tiki-torch carriers.

No one would ever be that stupid.

We actually do talk about it ... all the time.

It is perfectly understandable why white America assumes that black people don’t talk about black-on-black crime. However, the reason they make this assumption dates to a quote found in recently uncovered papers from an unnamed woman archaeological and historical researchers refer to as “Grandmama”:

“It ain’t none of their damn business.”

The reality is, in neighborhoods and cities across America, there are countless organizations, activists and movements dedicated to curbing violence in black communities. The number of “Stop the Violence” marches dwarfs the demonstrations against police brutality. Unity rallies and peace picnics happen every day. Scared Straight programs for at-risk youths, gang counseling, neighborhood watches, intervention specialists, youth counselors, and too many other people and groups to name all lead the charge against crime and violence.

But those efforts don’t make the evening news because they aren’t as salacious as people blocking traffic and protesting; nor do they serve the preconceived white confirmation bias. Besides, there’s no way white people would know about this unless they stopped deflecting with trite questions and instead actually went into a minority neighborhood to selflessly join the effort to address the problems plaguing ...

OK, you can stop laughing now.

OK, let’s talk about black-on-black crime.

Both sociologists and criminologists agree that violent crime is a complex socioeconomic phenomenon. Generally speaking, research shows that poor people commit the most crime: According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, during the period from 2008 through 2012, “persons in poor households at or below the federal poverty level (FPL) (39.8 per 1,000) had more than double the rate of violent victimization as persons in high-income households (16.9 per 1,000) ... The overall pattern of poor persons having the highest rates of violent victimization was consistent for both whites and blacks.”

Knowing this, the small difference in crime rates can easily be explained by income disparity. Maybe the question should be why are such a large percentage of black people poor?

As a matter of fact, if we are going to derail a conversation about black lives to talk about black-on-black crime, there are a few other questions we should answer first:

Why is the rate of violence actually higher among poor, urban whites? Why don’t we ever discuss the economic impact of redlining and segregation on rates of violence?

If we are going to discuss the number of black people killed by blacks, should we discuss the number of white people murdered, raped and assaulted by fellow whites? Will this conversation include a debate about how blacks are arrested, incarcerated and sentenced for longer periods than whites for committing the same crimes?

Are you willing to detour into a brief explanation of why schools with large percentages of blacks are underfunded even though they have the same tax base and incomes? Do you have time to talk about the wage gap? Unemployment disparities?

All of these factors contribute to crime rates. So if you want to have a conversation about black-on-black crime, you should be careful, because, like most conversations about race, it will end up back in the same place:

White supremacy.

https://www.theroot.com/why-we-never-talk-about-black-on-black-crime-an-answer-1819092337

You understand the point I made.

I understand you didnt even watch the video.

I've seen that video before son. I'm black and I can say welfare didn't screw shit.

Bullshit.
It encouraged women to have children out of wedlock and rendered the man of the household unnecessary.

And I suppose that only happened to blacks. So like I said, bullshit.

Single mothers are far more prevalent in the black community for various reasons.

Not true.

Whites buy the drugs from people in those nations then fly it here. If whites didn't do that, the black drug dealer couldn't buy the drug from the white distributor. Truth. Learn to face it.
So a non white Afghani grows and sells heroin to a white middle man, who then sells it to a black drug dealer. This is the scenario youre describing? Why are you putting the blame on the middle man? because hes white?

This is the scenario that happens. I have worked in the black community and deny nothing but you want to blame everybody but the white man.
If a community is struggling because of the drug dealers in that community, i blame those drug dealers. I dont go looking for people of different colors to blame.

Since you are white, if you are blaming blacks for crime you are looking for a different color to blame. So you need to blame the white people who buy and fly the drugs into our country. They are responsible for the drugs entering in these communities and they are drug dealers.
I love it when white criminals go to jail! I love it even more when a cop ends their life. Unlike YOU, I don't sympathize with criminals of any race.

You want to blame black crime on white people because youre an ignorant racist.

Laws and policies have an impact idiot.

Dear White America: What About “Black on Black” Crime? – KINFOLK KOLLECTIVE

Blacks account for over 82% of all of the murders and violent crime in this country even though they are just 13% of the population. Until blacks admit this, they are just willing accomplices to murder, rape and violence due to their need to look the other way when their kind commits crimes.

Until blacks stop pushing for police to not arrest murderers and rapists just because their black --- until blacks start to mourn the deaths of their own, instead of ignoring them like so many do -- until then, those blacks should shut up about everything else.

But instead, blacks deflect and try to make black on black crime an American problem -- and try to ask white America questions like:

If we are all Americans, why are you not worried about crime happening anywhere in America? -- Are you kidding?? Don't try to claim you are Americans now just because you don't want to admit that your culture is responsible for black on black crime.

Or how about this dumb question -- If you deny the existence of two Americas – one for black people, and one for white – how can you now call for an examination of an issue that is exclusive to something you denied existed in the first place (i.e., Black America)? No one is denying the existence of two Americas -- you blacks are the ones who have segregated yourself into ghettos, with the NAACP, BET -- all of that is created two Americas -- so its your problem, you fix it -- leave the civilized America out of it.

So I will ask you all -- Is black on black crime an American problem or their problem?
blacks don't care, so why should anyone?

Great point
DgQtXWeXkAULvrG.jpg

Blacks don't account for 82 percent of anything but maybe players in the NBA. But when will whites start looking at white on white crime which is actually higher?
....stop now IM2---per capita is the real stat that counts--the truth, which hurts you, doesn't it?

Blacks account for over 82% of all of the murders and violent crime in this country even though they are just 13% of the population. Until blacks admit this, they are just willing accomplices to murder, rape and violence due to their need to look the other way when their kind commits crimes.

Until blacks stop pushing for police to not arrest murderers and rapists just because their black --- until blacks start to mourn the deaths of their own, instead of ignoring them like so many do -- until then, those blacks should shut up about everything else.

But instead, blacks deflect and try to make black on black crime an American problem -- and try to ask white America questions like:

If we are all Americans, why are you not worried about crime happening anywhere in America? -- Are you kidding?? Don't try to claim you are Americans now just because you don't want to admit that your culture is responsible for black on black crime.

Or how about this dumb question -- If you deny the existence of two Americas – one for black people, and one for white – how can you now call for an examination of an issue that is exclusive to something you denied existed in the first place (i.e., Black America)? No one is denying the existence of two Americas -- you blacks are the ones who have segregated yourself into ghettos, with the NAACP, BET -- all of that is created two Americas -- so its your problem, you fix it -- leave the civilized America out of it.

So I will ask you all -- Is black on black crime an American problem or their problem?
It's OK.

The Republican part of White America loves seeing unarmed blacks being shot dead in the street.
..the police have every right to self defense, like any other American
..most of these shootings are and have been justified in civil, legal courts who have MUCH MORE evidence on the cases than you do
..I have a thread on this very topic

We don't? Seems to me that whites are the ones who don't care about the higher amount of crime in white community.

Why We Never Talk About Black-on-Black Crime: An Answer to White America’s Most Pressing Question

You’ve heard it before. It is the most frequent response to any accusation of police brutality. It is the repeated sleight of hand used to distract and drown out the voices of Black Lives Matter. It is an oft-used “alt-right” refrain and a sincere query from curious white questioners. It is the weapon of choice for the black practitioners of respectability politics and the favorite follow-up for people who frame their arguments with the preamble, “Not all white people ... ”

Why don’t black people ever talk about black-on-black crime?

Instead of rejecting the entire notion as a method of deflection and privilege, we will attempt to formally dismiss the conversation forever by laying out the facts about why white America never hears us talk about black-on-black crime.

It’s not a thing.

According to the FBI’s uniform crime-reporting data for 2016, 90.1 percent of black victims of homicide were killed by other blacks, while 83.5 percent of whites were killed by other whites. While no life is inconsequential, the statistical evidence shows that—just as for blacks when it comes to black-on-black crime—whites are mostly victimized by other whites, with the vast majority of white murders committed by whites. This is because most victims of crime personally know their assailants. And while this is a truth across racial boundaries, no one ever talks about “white-on-white crime.”

Furthermore, the Bureau of Justice Statistics’ arrest data analysis tool shows that less than 1 percent of blacks overall (about 2 percent of black men) commit a violent crime in any given year. This means, factoring in interracial violent offenses, 99 percent of black men do not commit black-on-black crime.

It has nothing to do with what we are talking about.

Imagine the head of Homeland Security walking up to the microphone to hold a press conference after a horrific terrorist attack, but when reporters start asking him about stopping terrorism and catching the culprits, he begins talking about texting and driving.

Sounds stupid, right?

But distracted driving kills more Americans each year than terrorism (and black-on-black crime), according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, so, according to the advocates of conversations about black-on-black crime, we should be discussing this first.

It is true that the vast majority of black murders are committed by black men, and we should do something to combat that statistic (we will get to that later, I promise), but that fact has nothing to do with state violence. When anyone interrupts a discussion about Black Lives Matter by bringing up black-on-black crime, it sounds as stupid as if a doctor addressed a cancerous brain tumor by asking about domestic violence, or if America’s highest-ranking government official addressed white supremacist Nazi-palooza by talking about the so-called alt-left and the “very fine” tiki-torch carriers.

No one would ever be that stupid.

We actually do talk about it ... all the time.

It is perfectly understandable why white America assumes that black people don’t talk about black-on-black crime. However, the reason they make this assumption dates to a quote found in recently uncovered papers from an unnamed woman archaeological and historical researchers refer to as “Grandmama”:

“It ain’t none of their damn business.”

The reality is, in neighborhoods and cities across America, there are countless organizations, activists and movements dedicated to curbing violence in black communities. The number of “Stop the Violence” marches dwarfs the demonstrations against police brutality. Unity rallies and peace picnics happen every day. Scared Straight programs for at-risk youths, gang counseling, neighborhood watches, intervention specialists, youth counselors, and too many other people and groups to name all lead the charge against crime and violence.

But those efforts don’t make the evening news because they aren’t as salacious as people blocking traffic and protesting; nor do they serve the preconceived white confirmation bias. Besides, there’s no way white people would know about this unless they stopped deflecting with trite questions and instead actually went into a minority neighborhood to selflessly join the effort to address the problems plaguing ...

OK, you can stop laughing now.

OK, let’s talk about black-on-black crime.

Both sociologists and criminologists agree that violent crime is a complex socioeconomic phenomenon. Generally speaking, research shows that poor people commit the most crime: According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, during the period from 2008 through 2012, “persons in poor households at or below the federal poverty level (FPL) (39.8 per 1,000) had more than double the rate of violent victimization as persons in high-income households (16.9 per 1,000) ... The overall pattern of poor persons having the highest rates of violent victimization was consistent for both whites and blacks.”

Knowing this, the small difference in crime rates can easily be explained by income disparity. Maybe the question should be why are such a large percentage of black people poor?

As a matter of fact, if we are going to derail a conversation about black lives to talk about black-on-black crime, there are a few other questions we should answer first:

Why is the rate of violence actually higher among poor, urban whites? Why don’t we ever discuss the economic impact of redlining and segregation on rates of violence?

If we are going to discuss the number of black people killed by blacks, should we discuss the number of white people murdered, raped and assaulted by fellow whites? Will this conversation include a debate about how blacks are arrested, incarcerated and sentenced for longer periods than whites for committing the same crimes?

Are you willing to detour into a brief explanation of why schools with large percentages of blacks are underfunded even though they have the same tax base and incomes? Do you have time to talk about the wage gap? Unemployment disparities?

All of these factors contribute to crime rates. So if you want to have a conversation about black-on-black crime, you should be careful, because, like most conversations about race, it will end up back in the same place:

White supremacy.

https://www.theroot.com/why-we-never-talk-about-black-on-black-crime-an-answer-1819092337

So a non white Afghani grows and sells heroin to a white middle man, who then sells it to a black drug dealer. This is the scenario youre describing? Why are you putting the blame on the middle man? because hes white?

This is the scenario that happens. I have worked in the black community and deny nothing but you want to blame everybody but the white man.
If a community is struggling because of the drug dealers in that community, i blame those drug dealers. I dont go looking for people of different colors to blame.

Since you are white, if you are blaming blacks for crime you are looking for a different color to blame. So you need to blame the white people who buy and fly the drugs into our country. They are responsible for the drugs entering in these communities and they are drug dealers.
I love it when white criminals go to jail! I love it even more when a cop ends their life. Unlike YOU, I don't sympathize with criminals of any race.

Laws seem to have NO impact in black communities. Your culture created dangerous places.

Laws seem to have NO impact in black communities. Your culture created dangerous places.

Check your white community and be quiet. You have it worse. Your culture is way more fucked up.

Forum List

Back