Deal on immigration?

From NPR:

Sen. Patrick Leahy, D-Vt., one of the negotiators working on the deal, told reporters after Monday evening's meeting that both sides had to give some.

"Not a single one of us going to get every single thing we want but nobody does. But we're going to get what is best for the United States," Leahy said.

Shelby says White House staff was kept apprised of the talks but none of the top negotiators would say if they have any guarantees that President Trump will sign the deal. "We think so, we hope so," Shelby said when pressed about whether the president would back the proposal.

Shelby told reporters that he believes Congress can approve the legislation and send it to Trump for his signature before the Friday night deadline to avert another partial shutdown.

That right there tells me the Democrats are up to their old tricks; trying to screw the Republicans and saying they did everything the could.

If Trump doesn't get his fence/ walls/ barriers, he should tell Democrats the price just went up to 10 billion, and the government will stay shutdown until the day he leaves office if that's what it takes.
Trump will take his 50 miles of new fence and claim that is what he wanted all along
Republicans were desperate to avoid another bruising shutdown. They tentatively agreed to far less money for President Donald Trump's border wall than the White House's $5.7 billion wish list, settling for a figure of nearly $1.4 billion, according to congressional aides. The funding measure is through the fiscal year, which ends Sept. 30.
Congressional lawmakers reach deal on border wall funding
Sucks they just wasted their time, Guess President Trump is the only fucking republican with any balls. Doesn't matter if he likes this bill or not, the freedom caucus won't vote for it I guarantee you.

The Freedom Caucus is a minority and cannot defeat it. The trouble is that Trump uses his balls for brains. He lies every time he opens his mouth or tweets.

Looks like a bad deal for the GOP to me. The Repubs on that committee caved, but Trump won't.

Trump is going to lose big time if he does this again. I think he will sign it, declare a national emergency, it gets tied up in the courts, and Trump berates the judge.

Hope he shoots this bullshit down ASAP.

What did I tell ya?

Trump's reelection depends on this border thing. I hope he realizes that.

Trump will lose because if the reckless government shutdown. Suburban voters will abandon him.

Bullshit, he's polling better now than before the shutdown.

According to your fake Rasmussen poll that had Republicans up by 1 in the generic ballot for the House for the midterms. How did that poll work out for you?

As well as the polls worked for you with the bitch. LMAO

Apparently they will short change him by a few billion, and he will have to "find" money elsewhere.

To be honest, this is petty and dangerous. I don't understand the philosophy of destroying America by having Open Borders and unknowns enter your nation and never leaving.

Voters do not agree with you. They do not see a wall as a necessary part of border security. I agree with them.

So what do you suggest to stop illegals from getting into the country?

I don't see where we need to make any changes. We can add some technology but the POEs are the problem.

Looks like a bad deal for the GOP to me. The Repubs on that committee caved, but Trump won't.

Trump is going to lose big time if he does this again. I think he will sign it, declare a national emergency, it gets tied up in the courts, and Trump berates the judge.

He doesn't have to declare an emergency to build the wall, DHS just needs to ask the DOD for assistance. They can provide the funds. Nothing the courts or you commies can do about it.

Apparently they will short change him by a few billion, and he will have to "find" money elsewhere.

To be honest, this is petty and dangerous. I don't understand the philosophy of destroying America by having Open Borders and unknowns enter your nation and never leaving.

Voters do not agree with you. They do not see a wall as a necessary part of border security. I agree with them.

I don't see where we need to make any changes. We can add some technology but the POEs are the problem.

So you're as blind as your are stupid. Technology does'n stop shit, border patrol doesn't stop shit. Nothing can be done till after the criminals enter the country.

Hope he shoots this bullshit down ASAP.

What did I tell ya?

Trump will lose because if the reckless government shutdown. Suburban voters will abandon him.

According to your fake Rasmussen poll that had Republicans up by 1 in the generic ballot for the House for the midterms. How did that poll work out for you?

I voted for a independent candidate. The polls had it right as they had her winning the popular vote. What we saw during the midterms is something that could cost Trump. We saw the potential break-up of the Reagan coalition. Rural voters stayed with Republicans while Democrats made inroads to suburban voters. All of the House seats that were lost had a suburban component to them.

What you need to realize is that 2016 was unusual because voters thought Trump and Clinton were untrustworthy and dishonest. Trump was in the mid-60s while Clinton was in the low 60s. Essentially even. The winner was the person who voters thought was less worse than the other one.

He doesn't have to declare an emergency to build the wall, DHS just needs to ask the DOD for assistance. They can provide the funds. Nothing the courts or you commies can do about it.

The Congress has to authorize the spending. He cannot build a wall without Congressional approval as per the Constitution. A law cannot override the Constitution. Assholes like you talk about the Constitution but are ready to use it for toilet paper to get what you want.

So you're as blind as your are stupid. Technology does'n stop shit, border patrol doesn't stop shit. Nothing can be done till after the criminals enter the country.

You are the stupid one and a asshole to boot. There are very few criminals crossing our border. There is no evidence that illegals break the law in great numbers and they commit fewer crimes than Americans.

He better not sign it... It provides zero border security. Only a fucking moron would think it would

Lol
Far more illegal aliens get into this country undetected than those who are apprehended... you fucking moron

What did I tell ya?

I voted for a independent candidate. The polls had it right as they had her winning the popular vote. What we saw during the midterms is something that could cost Trump. We saw the potential break-up of the Reagan coalition. Rural voters stayed with Republicans while Democrats made inroads to suburban voters. All of the House seats that were lost had a suburban component to them.

What you need to realize is that 2016 was unusual because voters thought Trump and Clinton were untrustworthy and dishonest. Trump was in the mid-60s while Clinton was in the low 60s. Essentially even. The winner was the person who voters thought was less worse than the other one.
Lol
Actually more people voted for the conservative/libertarian side you fucking moron

Candidate Party Popular Votes
Donald J. Trump Republican 62,980,160
Hillary R. Clinton Democratic 65,845,063
Gary Johnson Libertarian 4,488,931
Jill Stein Green 1,457,050

And how has that been working out for you over the last 30 years?

Why don't you all ask the border agents and trust their first hand judgement. Also, how does decreasing beds to hod criminals help protect America?

Honestly, this isn't a lack of common sense, there is something diabolical with such a suggestion.

The US has been a haven for people in fear of their lives. I believe the US should remain that.

Border agents are no more experts than anyone else. The DEA says our problems are at POEs not the border itself. The Border Patrol reports very few people have been detained for suspected human trafficking. These are experts too. Why don't you listen to those experts. Because they don't jive with your political views. The case has been made for more security at our POEs not a wall at the border.

The only thing that is sinister is the fact that you are crazy. A real looney tune.
Lol
We have no border security you fucking moron

What did I tell ya?

None of the independents were any better, it was all the lesser of the evils. Trump wasn't my first choice, but he was much better than the bitch.

The Congress has to authorize the spending. He cannot build a wall without Congressional approval as per the Constitution. A law cannot override the Constitution. Assholes like you talk about the Constitution but are ready to use it for toilet paper to get what you want.

Not what the law says, congress has already authorized it, of course you didn't know you could request additional withholding on a W-4. Damn, you just know sooooooo much that isn't true.

Not what the law says, congress has already authorized it, of course you didn't know you could request additional withholding on a W-4. Damn, you just know sooooooo much that isn't true.

Read it an weep child.

10 U.S. Code § 284 - Support for counterdrug activities and activities to counter transnational organized crime

Why don't you all ask the border agents and trust their first hand judgement. Also, how does decreasing beds to hod criminals help protect America?

Honestly, this isn't a lack of common sense, there is something diabolical with such a suggestion.

Arrests For Illegal Border Crossings Hit 46-Year Low

upload_2019-2-11_22-37-19.png

From NPR:

Sen. Patrick Leahy, D-Vt., one of the negotiators working on the deal, told reporters after Monday evening's meeting that both sides had to give some.

"Not a single one of us going to get every single thing we want but nobody does. But we're going to get what is best for the United States," Leahy said.

Shelby says White House staff was kept apprised of the talks but none of the top negotiators would say if they have any guarantees that President Trump will sign the deal. "We think so, we hope so," Shelby said when pressed about whether the president would back the proposal.

Shelby told reporters that he believes Congress can approve the legislation and send it to Trump for his signature before the Friday night deadline to avert another partial shutdown.

That right there tells me the Democrats are up to their old tricks; trying to screw the Republicans and saying they did everything the could.

If Trump doesn't get his fence/ walls/ barriers, he should tell Democrats the price just went up to 10 billion, and the government will stay shutdown until the day he leaves office if that's what it takes.
Trump will take his 50 miles of new fence and claim that is what he wanted all along
i tweeted the @realdonaldjtrump to reject this "compromise" , shut it down and #buildthewall. The @HouseDemocrats and @SenateDems are not in charge of our secunity. He is.

President Trump will not let the American People down.

I hope Ann Coulter approves

I hope you will quit believing bullshit someday.
Last deal Trump approved Coulter shot him down

Think he will clear it with Annie this time

You people are such puppets. Let me ask: if the MSM tried to sell you a bridge, would you buy it?

Flashback: The Monologue That Started the Meme

Trump supporters are the ones who are puppets. You people are incapable of thinking for yourself. If Trump offered to sell you the Brooklyn Bridge, you would definitely buy it.
. The American People wanted a wall and no amnesty long before Trump became a candidate. The President is following our demands. This wasn't his original idea.

Arrests For Illegal Border Crossings Hit 46-Year Low

View attachment 245404

And................

Forum List

Back