Deal on immigration?

If there is, I'm sure it will be out tonight. I can't believe it unless Trump caved into something the Democrats wanted and we get screwed again.

The detention beds issue threatened to scupper talks over the weekend, but both parties apparently worked past that issue. A House Democratic aide told The Associated Press Republicans had already agreed to funding cuts that would require ICE to ramp down the number of detention beds to a range of 34,000-38,500 by the end of the year. ICE currently detains about 49,000 immigrants on average per day.

WHAT THE FUCK!? NO! President Trump won't sign this bullshit bill.

Apparently they will short change him by a few billion, and he will have to "find" money elsewhere.

To be honest, this is petty and dangerous. I don't understand the philosophy of destroying America by having Open Borders and unknowns enter your nation and never leaving.

trump-art-of-the-cave-the-donald-j-trump-with-40944596.png

I hear they approved more fencing than is around Nancy Pelosis house

From NPR:

Sen. Patrick Leahy, D-Vt., one of the negotiators working on the deal, told reporters after Monday evening's meeting that both sides had to give some.

"Not a single one of us going to get every single thing we want but nobody does. But we're going to get what is best for the United States," Leahy said.

Shelby says White House staff was kept apprised of the talks but none of the top negotiators would say if they have any guarantees that President Trump will sign the deal. "We think so, we hope so," Shelby said when pressed about whether the president would back the proposal.

Shelby told reporters that he believes Congress can approve the legislation and send it to Trump for his signature before the Friday night deadline to avert another partial shutdown.

From NPR:

Sen. Patrick Leahy, D-Vt., one of the negotiators working on the deal, told reporters after Monday evening's meeting that both sides had to give some.

"Not a single one of us going to get every single thing we want but nobody does. But we're going to get what is best for the United States," Leahy said.

Shelby says White House staff was kept apprised of the talks but none of the top negotiators would say if they have any guarantees that President Trump will sign the deal. "We think so, we hope so," Shelby said when pressed about whether the president would back the proposal.

Shelby told reporters that he believes Congress can approve the legislation and send it to Trump for his signature before the Friday night deadline to avert another partial shutdown.

That right there tells me the Democrats are up to their old tricks; trying to screw the Republicans and saying they did everything the could.

If Trump doesn't get his fence/ walls/ barriers, he should tell Democrats the price just went up to 10 billion, and the government will stay shutdown until the day he leaves office if that's what it takes.

Forum List

Back