Deadbeat Dads (and moms)

o btw i am not blaming anymore...merely saying it takes two to make a baby.....

Than why should not men have a say in whether there child is aborted?

let me type real slow....

you should never allow it to get to the point you need a say in an abortion.....do you not get the oz of prevention...ie. birth control...ie condoms...will prevent this .....therefore you will never need a vote in an abortion...

Men should. Well, actually, it should just be illegal. That gets rid of that issue completely.

Oh I agree with you 100 percent. I am against abortion in all cases. Unmarried mother, rape, incest, or life of mother. Because God just don't make mistakes.

I am saying to the previous poster that is does indeed take two to make a baby. So, I should have just as much say if that baby gets to live or not.

so homosexuals should be embraced? god doesnt make mistakes? really? so god means for babies to be born deformed..without brains...etc?

And women run to the court every chance they can get CS raised! How many times have you seen a women split with the kids & the DA send her the CS money but refuses to tell the father where his children are.:eusa_whistle:

Many of these fathers do not deserve to know where their children are, or have any contact with them. Many of them are a threat to their ex-wives/girlfriends and/or their children.

How so Anachronism? men are in a lose/lose situation in this society, they get ridiculed for not being there for their children and when they try to, they are ridiculed as being a threat and not good enough to be around children.

Men should. Well, actually, it should just be illegal. That gets rid of that issue completely.

Oh I agree with you 100 percent. I am against abortion in all cases. Unmarried mother, rape, incest, or life of mother. Because God just don't make mistakes.

I am saying to the previous poster that is does indeed take two to make a baby. So, I should have just as much say if that baby gets to live or not.

so homosexuals should be embraced? god doesnt make mistakes? really? so god means for babies to be born deformed..without brains...etc?

I think every religion would agree that God is the creator of life. As far as we know even if the child will be deformed if born, God still has something planned for someone in that child's life. I can speak for God, but than again no one else can either.

And women run to the court every chance they can get CS raised! How many times have you seen a women split with the kids & the DA send her the CS money but refuses to tell the father where his children are.:eusa_whistle:

Many of these fathers do not deserve to know where their children are, or have any contact with them. Many of them are a threat to their ex-wives/girlfriends and/or their children.

How so Anachronism? men are in a lose/lose situation in this society, they get ridiculed for not being there for their children and when they try to, they are ridiculed as being a threat and not good enough to be around children.

Fathers who are denied access to their kids pretty much always shouldn't have access to their kids.

They still need to help support them. They are not only abusive assholes, but they brought the kids into the world. Just because they're pigs doesn't let them off the hook as far as their responsibility.

And I don't know what you're talking about when you say they're ridiculed for not being there, and then ridiculed as a threat...that isn't true in most cases. In most cases it is the father's choice not to be available to his kids, though he will always have excuses.

Just the other day we had a deadbeat flake dad whose kids are in CW custody call up to cancel his visitation because his child support prevented him from being able to afford to come to see his kid for his supervised visit.

What a puke.

Not only that, child welfare pays for the gas.

Deadbeat dads are generally, truly deadbeats.

Fathers who are denied access to their kids pretty much always shouldn't have access to their kids.

They still need to help support them. They are not only abusive assholes, but they brought the kids into the world. Just because they're pigs doesn't let them off the hook as far as their responsibility.

And I don't know what you're talking about when you say they're ridiculed for not being there, and then ridiculed as a threat...that isn't true in most cases. In most cases it is the father's choice not to be available to his kids, though he will always have excuses.

Just the other day we had a deadbeat flake dad whose kids are in CW custody call up to cancel his visitation because his child support prevented him from being able to afford to come to see his kid for his supervised visit.

What a puke.

Not only that, child welfare pays for the gas.

Deadbeat dads are generally, truly deadbeats.

I said that because Anachronism said that in the post I replied to, I was addressing it.

Though I did have a big hand in *choosing* my two boys' significant others (not overtly, I was very manipulative and unobtrusive about it) and I did a DAMN FINE JOB!

I am frankly mind-boggled by the idea that someone would choose a partner for life WITHOUT collecting and considering input and advice from the people who know and love him/her the best.

Excuse me, but did you just say that disabled people are "mistakes"?

Though I did have a big hand in *choosing* my two boys' significant others (not overtly, I was very manipulative and unobtrusive about it) and I did a DAMN FINE JOB!

I am frankly mind-boggled by the idea that someone would choose a partner for life WITHOUT collecting and considering input and advice from the people who know and love him/her the best.

Sometimes the people who are there to *help* aren't very helpful, however....particularly if they bought into the craziness of the 70s...

Well until something convinces me different, I think that the person that owns the outcome decision is the one that needs to maintain the control. We'll just have to disagree on this one.

as i have said in the past...a man can control his sperm...once he lets go of it ...into a woman ...it becomes her property but that does not relieve a man of his responsiblities for his sperm...now does it?

or are men just too simple to control themselves?

So you think it's fair that a man has no say so in the abortion of his child, but if the woman has the child he should pay? Now that's one hell of a double standard right there.

No, a double standard would be if men could bear children and women had a say in their choice.

Sometimes the people who are there to *help* aren't very helpful, however....particularly if they bought into the craziness of the 70s...

Well, admittedly, deciding which people to listen to and how much weight to give their opinions is going to be up to the individual, since I certainly can't speak concerning families I've never met. Still, assuming your family DOES love you, it should at least make you pause and think if those family members are less-than-enthusiastic about the significant other, however nuts the family members are.

My son's father didn't want to be one, but he wasn't going to let me be destitute, either. He puts $1,050 in my bank account every other week and checks every month or two to see how I'm doing. It's been our happy arrangement for six and a half years. No court had to make him do it. I think it's fairly reasonable and I reject it when someone calls him an asshole or a deadbeat dad. I think kids can grow up in single-parent households and be perfectly happy if their needs are taken care of and their parent knows what the fuck they're doing. Kids grow up with two moms, two dads, grandmas, or just a mom (via things like in vitro/adoption) or just a dad (for whatever reason) all the time and are perfectly fine.

I cannot imagine going through what some of these posters have talked about.

Last edited:
Er..he's not a deadbeat dad. A deadbeat doesn't pay anything, or doesn't pay what he can despite the fact the child suffers because of it.

I think every religion would agree that God is the creator of life. As far as we know even if the child will be deformed if born, God still has something planned for someone in that child's life. I can speak for God, but than again no one else can either.

Since you can speak for god......

How do you know god does not wants the abortions?

Er..he's not a deadbeat dad. A deadbeat doesn't pay anything, or doesn't pay what he can despite the fact the child suffers because of it.

I know. But some would like to put that label on him because he's not here to toss around a football with my son.

Good thing I have a great arm. :D

Didn't we have a guy who got banned a while back who kept claiming he spoke for God?

Anyway, I think we can be pretty sure that God doesn't want people to die. And given he says he knew us before we were formed, and his opinion stated in the bible about killing innocents, I think it's probably true he's not a big fan of abortion.

You can only work with what you're given. I don't speak for God nor know his mind...except as it is presented in the Bible.

I think every religion would agree that God is the creator of life. As far as we know even if the child will be deformed if born, God still has something planned for someone in that child's life. I can't speak for God, but than again no one else can either.

Didn't we have a guy who got banned a while back who kept claiming he spoke for God?

Anyway, I think we can be pretty sure that God doesn't want people to die. And given he says he knew us before we were formed, and his opinion stated in the bible about killing innocents, I think it's probably true he's not a big fan of abortion.

You can only work with what you're given. I don't speak for God nor know his mind...except as it is presented in the Bible.

Yeah I just noticed the typo there. I meant, "I can't speak for God, but than again no one else can either."

That was an unfortunate typo to say the least. "I can't speak for God, but than again no one else can either."

Because God does not make mistakes. God is the creator of all life. Why would God allow a life to form just to have it ended without being born. Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the LIFE."

Forum List

Back