Dead Parrots

usmbguest5318

Gold Member
Jan 1, 2017
D.C.
Rant Alert:
I wish I had a dollar for all the times I've on this site refuted a point only to have someone respond figuratively with remarks that are the rhetorical analogues to the following remarks from the video shared below:
  • No, it's not.
  • It's resting
  • No, I didn't say that, when it's clear they did.
  • It's stunned
  • It's pining for the fjords.
  • It's happier that way.
  • Of course it was nailed in place. It had to be lest it hurt itself.

Now, while it's one thing that happens on USMB, and insofar as I don't know anyone here, there may even be good reasons for why it does, it's wholly another when it happens in the course of national political discourse and debate. Anecdotally, I've not seen that sort of thing on my preferred political commentary segment that airs on a news program, Shields and Brooks. On the, obviously, revenue driven cable news programs, I suspect that sort of thing happens often. On CNN, it seems Paris Dennard cannot help himself -- it's as though he's impelled by a magic spell or something.

I presume on the political commentary programs carried on other cable news networks that other editorialists do the same thing Paris does: exercise little to no discursive integrity, and integrity in general at times. [1] I guess that's not surprising given that, as Ana Navarro noted, Trump exhibits the same behavior.

Note:
  1. I, for the most part, don't watch Fox or MSNBC. I recently clicked onto a Fox daytime program and watched a host have a discussion with one political panel discussion/commentary group comprised entirely of conservatives/Republicans. I didn't hear so much as one dissenting commentator in the whole hour-long program. I presume the same sort of thing happens on MSNBC.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back