Dayan In 1976: Israel Took Golan Out Of Greed

Dayan must have been drunk when he wrote that.

It's highly doubtful he ever did.

Just another example of anti-Israel revisionist history.

One that is a documented fact. President Nasser of Egypt, in control of the combined Arab armies, boasted to the other Arab leaders that they'd all be 'having dinner in Tel Aviv' the next day.

The Arabs coveted every inch of Israel and were joyously looking forward to taking every Israel had built there over the corpses of Jews ... yet again.

The 6 day War was an awesome kick ass of vast armies of those who promised to drive Israel into the sea. The Arabs got a taste of Karma and only survived in their own countries because Israel let them live.

Greatest tank battles video is awesome.

It's highly doubtful he ever did.

Just another example of anti-Israel revisionist history.

One that is a documented fact. President Nasser of Egypt, in control of the combined Arab armies, boasted to the other Arab leaders that they'd all be 'having dinner in Tel Aviv' the next day.

The Arabs coveted every inch of Israel and were joyously looking forward to taking every Israel had built there over the corpses of Jews ... yet again.

Lol. Egyptian troops were deployed in Yemen and Nasser had called for a summit. Moishe Dayan wasn't lying.

Yes, I have.At work right now but later on I will post a thread of how the Syrians were using the Israelis as target 🎯 practice

Moishe Dayan said they provoked them every chance they got. Wasn't reported in the US, but the BBC, Radio Free Europe and Voice of America reported the incursions weekly.

Here's some background on the Six Day War from a reliable and honorable source.

May 04, 1997

TEL AVIV - — Thirty years after Israel conquered the Golan Heights from Syria, in what Israelis have said was an entirely defensive operation, the defense minister at the time, Moshe Dayan, has been quoted as saying that the capture was largely the product of greed.

In frank and startling conversations held in 1976 and printed for the first time last week, Dayan is quoted as saying that kibbutz leaders from Galilee persuaded the prime minister at the time, Levi Eshkol, to attack the Golan on the fourth day of the 1967 Six-Day War because they wanted the land.

The standard Israeli justification for the battle of the Golan has been that Syrian troops had been relentlessly shelling Israelis and that the situation had grown intolerable.

This is what Dayan said nine years later:

"The Syrians opposite them were soldiers who shot at them, and they certainly didn't like that. But I can say with absolute certainty that the delegation that came to convince Eshkol to ascend the Golan did not think about these things. They thought about the land of the Golan.

"I know what went on. I saw them and I spoke with them. They didn't even try to hide their lust for that soil. That's what guided them."

Those and other of Dayan's thoughts were set down on paper in 1976 by Rami Tal as they sat in Dayan's Tel Aviv garden. Tal, now a senior editor at the publishing house for the newspaper Yediot Aharonot, asked permission to record Dayan's words.

Dayan agreed on condition that they not be published without his permission. Tal, who printed them in Yediot Aharonot's Passover supplement last week, said that after Dayan died in 1981, the transcripts sat in a drawer for 15 years.

Last year, he showed them to Yossi Ginossar, a former high official in the Shin Bet security service and a confidant of Dayan's who urged that they be published. Tal sought permission from Dayan's daughter, Yael, who also agreed they were of great historical importance and should be published.

Apart from his assertion about the cause of the Golan battle, Dayan also spoke of the Syrian attacks on the Israeli kibbutzim and asserted that they were the result of Israeli aggression.

Continued

Background on 6 day war from Moishe Dayan.

Forum List

Back