Day without a Gay - December 10, 2008

So you're saying being deaf is normal??????

Who says you can "catch" homosexuality?

No, what I am saying is somehow in your crazed mind you compared

having a hearing impairment to homosexuality. Being deaf is a disability.

I repeat, it is a line from a STAND-UP COMIC... its satirical... it isn't meant to be taken seriously. (Also, deaf people weren't the best example as they tend not to "call in" for anything. Being deaf and all phone conversations tend to be lost on them.)

:lol: You're right...my bad.

I'm old fashioned, too, despite what preconceived notions you may have about my people. I believe that having sex with someone you don't love is an incredibly immoral act, and would never do so. But, if you do love someone, are in a committed relationship with them, then I don't see how you can say something is wrong with expressing that love physically, regardless gender. Love is love. Hopefully, one day you'll see that, and adapt your concepts of morality to include people who aren't exactly like you (maybe even that gay friend of yours, who you're so supportive of that you go online and bash the movement for his rights).

I didn't bash anything. I stated my opinon...I didn't even say if I thought "calling in gay" was a good idea or not.

When it comes to denying people civil rights and firing people from a job for something that has nothing to do with that job there is such thing as right or wrong.

I agree, I have not advocating firing someone for being gay.

For whatever reason, a lot of people in the states haven't come around to this way of thinking when it comes to the gay and lesbian community, but I have enough faith in people to know that one day they will. One day, I'll get to have that picture perfect wedding that I've been dreaming about ever since I was a little girl, exactly like all the other little girls dreamt of, except I wanted to marry another girl. I fall in love with women, always have.

I can't change who I am, but you can change the way you act and feel towards people like me. YOU CAN'T CHOOSE WHO YOU LOVE, BUT YOU CAN CHOOSE WHO YOU HATE (think about it).

I don't hate anyone. I believe you do choose who you love. You don't chose your family, but that doesn't mean you love them. You choose who to go out with, who to do things with, that's choice. Unless it's love at first site, which I guess is possible, but I think that's more lust than love, you do choose who you love.

And assuming you don't choose who you love, you still choose who you have sex with....

I personally, believe that gayness is a neurobiological disorder. Will there be a cure for it someday? Who knows? Acting on those feelings though, that's choice. Some people want to have sex with children, do you believe they should because they "love" them?

Now, as for should or shouldn't gays be allowed to marry? I really don't know. When I was young I was certain that they should, when I had kids, I suddenly became not so certain. It's amazing how being a parent takes away all your certainty.

Oh and if you're dreaming of a picture perfect wedding, you're dreaming of the wrong thing. It's the marriage that counts, not the wedding.

Last edited:
And assuming you don't choose who you love, you still choose who you have sex with....

Some people want to have sex with children, do you believe they should because they "love" them?

I agree with you about the choice to have sex or not, I also personally choose not to have sex outside of marriage. But it is an adult choice and some people choose to have sex outside of marriage. This is there right as adults who pays there own bills and takes responsibility for there own actions. Two adults gay or lesbian I think should have the right to choose to marry if they want to.

As far as kids getting molested goes, kids aren't choosing to experience that. The Perpetrator pedophile chooses to physically rape, brutalize, spiritually invade & ruin a child, kids are still growing and innocent and full of hope they are not mature adults, so this is not a choice they can make.

But adults making a choice to have an exclusive commitment to each other in marriage. This is something that should be a choice gay & lesbians have the right to make. Even if there choice is something you would never do yourself. Because like you pointed out you don't believe in sex outside of marriage but it seems like a lot of adults choose to have sex whenever they fancy it with no commitment and they have that choice.

I don't hate anyone. I believe you do choose who you love. You don't chose your family, but that doesn't mean you love them. You choose who to go out with, who to do things with, that's choice. Unless it's love at first site, which I guess is possible, but I think that's more lust than love, you do choose who you love.

I personally, believe that gayness is a neurobiological disorder. Will there be a cure for it someday? Who knows? Acting on those feelings though, that's choice. Some people want to have sex with children, do you believe they should because they "love" them?

Now, as for should or shouldn't gays be allowed to marry? I really don't know. When I was young I was certain that they should, when I had kids, I suddenly became not so certain. It's amazing how being a parent takes away all your certainty.

Oh and if you're dreaming of a picture perfect wedding, you're dreaming of the wrong thing. It's the marriage that counts, not the wedding.

The Government should stay out of marraige issues. Two consenting

adults should have the freedom to marry who they choose. Just like

you wouldnt want Muslim traditions forced on you, why should gays have

to follow the beliefs of certain religions? The freedom of religion also protects

the right to not follow any religion. So gay people have the right to hold

their own beliefs and should not have rights taken away from them

based on another religions assertions.

First you compare homosexuality to hearing impairment. And now you

are comparing two consenting adults getting married to child rape?

Last edited:
Okay how about this...you're in love with a married man. Do you believe you should have sex with him?????

Do you think its the governments job to tell adults who they can have

consentual sex with? Also the issue has to do with the right to marriage

not sex so your question is irrelevant to the topic at hand.

Last edited:
Do you think its the governments job to tell adults who they can have consentual sex with?
It's the governments job to protect society and keep our morals and values intact.

Homos are out to destroy our familys and children. Thru they are enemies of our culture and need to be locked up for the safety of our citizens..

Many are part of the KKK or Christian Aryan's. So a Muslim isn't very popular.

But we do have in common a dislike for Israel and the Zionists. And of course homos are scum.

So they seem to tolerate me :eusa_angel:

Great.

You two can pretend to tolerate each other until the cleansing fire gives both of you the opportunity to stab each other in the back, then.

Good plan, Sunni.

Lay down with dogs get up with fleas, dude.

You certainly choose who you date and who you sleep with, but that isn't the same thing as love. You can fall in love with someone without ever dating or sleeping with them, for instance when people fall in love with their close friends. You seem to keep equating love to be the same thing as sex, which begs the questions... How exactly are you old fashioned?

You can choose to deny or accept who you fall in love with, but that doesn't mean your feelings have changed. You can trick yourself into thinking you are in love with someone you aren't, but that will only serve to make you miserable. By emphasizing acting on feelings being a choice what you are telling gay people is that because they are different, so they don't deserve to be happy. You may not personally see that as being hateful, but it is.

Its very easy to call something you don't understand a mental disorder, which seems to be the modern equivalent of calling someone a "witch". Our brains are wired differently, that's true, but that doesn't make it a mental disorder, that makes it a genetic defect. And, it is, technically, a defect. The biological imperative is to reproduce, the emotion of love originally developed in humans to encourage forming reproductive partnerships. I, on the other hand, am attracted to and fall in love with people I cannot reproduce with. Which, frankly, is just shitty luck. We're different, we're not sick, and there's no cure. Is it not bad enough that our lines end with us? You have to deny us basic rights while we're here? That's just plain mean.

Of course, I am NOT advocating pedophilia. Its so insulting when you homophobes bring that up as though it is applicable. There is a HUGE, HUGE difference between a relationship between two mature, consenting adults and some pervert taking advantage of a child. Again, love and sex are not the same thing.

I dream about having a loving, life-long relationship, also. I'm well aware that a wedding and a marriage are two different things. However, I don't see any problem with wanting to have a beautiful wedding. Its just a beautiful memory of the symbolic start of your new life with the person you love and want to spend the rest of your life with. No harm in beautiful memories or beautiful dreams. (oh wait, I forgot, I'm different, and I'm supposed to be miserable.)

Last edited:
Okay how about this...you're in love with a married man. Do you believe you should have sex with him?????

You're barking up the wrong tree... horrible analogy. A better question is if you, I assume, aren't attracted to women, and someone said, but THAT is who you HAVE to love... could you force yourself to be attracted to women?

That is what you're asking of gays...

No, there are rapists, murderers, homosexuals, child molesters, in all walks of life to include the military, Sunni Religion, Shia Religion, Catholic, accountants, body builders, etc. etc. etc

And then there are also jackass's like you

This is proof that maybe we need to re-visit that whole "homosexuality is a mental disorder" thing...

Jeffree scheduled the day off.....how is that protesting? If you use "vacation" time? Kinda safe......No I didn't call in, but I will slack off at work today and read message boards on the job....so it will be as if I did call in sick.....he he (j/k)

Forum List

Back