Davy Crockett, American hero, who fought against democrat Indian removal policies..

no it is a fact from the beginning of the United States until today

Andrew Jackson was a democrat

the republican party was formed to fight slavery

slavery which of course was not an American problem

but rather a democrat problem
JonB you are a fokking moron who uses fallacies to make your arguments.

we weren't talking about that.....liberals try to change the subject....I crush you in every thread....if you want a different subject, start a thread, I'll be there.
Lol. You should start adding "believe me" to every sentence you type. Like Trump, you have to keep reminding people to at least try.
you should stick to the subject...ill debate you on any subject and kick your ass like I did this one....talking about Davey crocket....and you bring up our time? WTF???
Damn you're as delusional as Drumpf

:cuckoo:

Nope, start a new thread on our politics....otherwise respond to my factual post......democrats have always been the party of slavery......
Yet republicans demonize Lincoln and celebrate the confederacy. Go figure.
Wow, you show how stupid you are in each thread......what republicans demonize Lincoln? And I don't give a fuck about a flag....has nothing to do with the confederacy......hell I like the General Lee on Dukes of Hazard...oh no I'm a klan member now.,...holy fuck you're dumb.

Lol. You should start adding "believe me" to every sentence you type. Like Trump, you have to keep reminding people to at least try.
you should stick to the subject...ill debate you on any subject and kick your ass like I did this one....talking about Davey crocket....and you bring up our time? WTF???
Damn you're as delusional as Drumpf

:cuckoo:

Nope, start a new thread on our politics....otherwise respond to my factual post......democrats have always been the party of slavery......
Wow, you show how stupid you are in each thread......what republicans demonize Lincoln? And I don't give a fuck about a flag....has nothing to do with the confederacy......hell I like the General Lee on Dukes of Hazard...oh no I'm a klan member now.,...holy fuck you're dumb.
You didn't know republicans hate Lincoln? Well I guess that makes sense since you don't seem to know much of anything.

deep down the democrats have always been against freedom
That's bullsh!t too.

The Democrat Party under Andrew Jackson and Martin Van Buren simply evolved as the workingman's party -- a labor party.

It became the opponent of the Whigs which were an aristocratic business party which was absorbed by the Republicans.

The republican party was formed, in part, to maintain the Clay Compromise. Not to 'fight slavery'. Lincoln openly expressed his support for an amendment that would guarantee slavery in perpetuity.

Yep....and Crockett fought against the democrat Indian trail of tears policy.....

Perhaps. But not as a republican.

I think the anti-democrat angle was the important part......Another thing you cant put on Republicans...well if you're being honest.

If you're being honest, you'll admit that its highly unlikely that Davy Crocket was a Republican, despite the claims of the OP.
Ok I'm gonna repost my point.. at what point did I mention that?

I think the anti-democrat angle was the important part......Another thing you cant put on Republicans...well if you're being honest

Feel free to review my posts......and riddle me this: At what point have I said anything other than the OP was laughably wrong about Crocket being a republican?

And please, be honest.

But he wasn't wrong. Wasn't Crockett a Jacksonian< precursor to the Democratic Party, in the beginning of his political career, and then switched parties mid career? If you said he was a Democrat you would be correct. If you said he was a Republican, you would be correct.

Perhaps. But not as a republican.

I think the anti-democrat angle was the important part......Another thing you cant put on Republicans...well if you're being honest.

If you're being honest, you'll admit that its highly unlikely that Davy Crocket was a Republican, despite the claims of the OP.

I think the anti-democrat angle was the important part......Another thing you cant put on Republicans...well if you're being honest

Feel free to review my posts......and riddle me this: At what point have I said anything other than the OP was laughably wrong about Crocket being a republican?

And please, be honest.

But he wasn't wrong. Wasn't Crockett a Jacksonian< precursor to the Democrat Party, in the beginning of his political career, and then switched parties mid career? If you said he was a Democrat you would be correct. If you said he was a Republican, you would be correct.

Yes, the OP was wrong. So much so that he edited his opening post to remove any mention of Crocket being a republican.

And no, you wouldn't be correct in calling Crockett a republican when the republican party wasn't formed until until nearly 2 decades after Crockett's death.

Last edited:
Well they do now because the Southern GOP is a last vestige of pre LBJ Democrats.

They jumped ship when LBJ promoted JFK's pro black pro poor pro old age social agenda.

The poor and the old did not bother them.

The blacks did.

No..the southern GOP is the non racist Republican Party......the racist democrats stayed racist.....and democrats......

The dumb democrats were mad at lbj because they didn't get the memo that they simply had to change tactics....lynching blacks wasn't going to stop them from voting...and blacks had the numbers to effect elections...so the smart racists changed tactics...they used welfare to buy black votes.....but the stayed democrats....

Well they do now because the Southern GOP is a last vestige of pre LBJ Democrats.

They jumped ship when LBJ promoted JFK's pro black pro poor pro old age social agenda.

The blacks did.

No..the southern GOP is the non racist Republican Party......the racist democrats stayed racist.....and democrats......

The dumb democrats were mad at lbj because they didn't get the memo that they simply had to change tactics....lynching blacks wasn't going to stop them from voting...and blacks had the numbers to effect elections...so the smart racists changed tactics...they used welfare to buy black votes.....but the stayed democrats....

The south going solidly republican is just a coincidence then?

Laughing....who are you trying to convince with this horseshit?

I saw this little bit of history in Hilary's America......Davy Crockett fought against the democrat Indian removal policy.....when he was a Republican in congress.......

David Crockett (1786-1836) -- Biography

He was reelected to a second term in 1829 and split with President Andrew Jackson and the Tennessee delegation on several issues, including land reform and the Indian removal bill. In his 1831 campaign for a third term, Crockett openly and vehemently attacked Jackson's policies and was defeated in a close election by William Fitzgerald.
Did he own a gun?
David Crokett was a great American who no white privilege.
He fought for a bunch of brown people. You would absolutely despise his guts.
you mean at the time your democrat party were whipping slaves? Where do you guys get your education....you don't know anything about our politics or history..jesus you're stupid.
Not "at the time".

Your anachronisms are off.

The DEMs did not become a pro slavery party until 1848 with the evolution of the Free Soil Party which stole away the abolitionist Democrats.

Sorry...the democrat pary was the party of slavery......the Republican Party was the party created to end slavery......

JonB you are a fokking moron who uses fallacies to make your arguments.

i dont really give a fuck what you think

it is the truth whether you like it or not

Did he own a gun?
you mean at the time your democrat party were whipping slaves? Where do you guys get your education....you don't know anything about our politics or history..jesus you're stupid.
Not "at the time".

The DEMs did not become a pro slavery party until 1848 with the evolution of the Free Soil Party which stole away the abolitionist Democrats.

Sorry...the democrat pary was the party of slavery......the Republican Party was the party created to end slavery......
Why does the current republican party hate Lincoln and celebrates the former Democrats who supported slavery in the south 150 years ago?

The blacks did.

The south going solidly republican is just a coincidence then?

Laughing....who are you trying to convince with this horseshit?

Nope....the south changed as it grew up........the non racist southerners gave up on the democrat party......the racists stay d in the democrat party...and you can see that in the racist groups that make up the party today...and the racists at the top of the party...

And please, be honest.

But he wasn't wrong. Wasn't Crockett a Jacksonian< precursor to the Democrat Party, in the beginning of his political career, and then switched parties mid career? If you said he was a Democrat you would be correct. If you said he was a Republican, you would be correct.

Yes, the OP was wrong. So much so that he edited his opening post to remove any mention of Crocket being a republican.

And no, you wouldn't be correct in calling Crockett a republican when the republican party wasn't formed until until nearly 2 decades after Crockett's death.

I didn't edit anything. I merely hit reply, just like I just did for this post. I don't give a shit what Crockett was. You seem to. He was a democrat and then he was not. Call the other party that he became a part of whatever you want. To others they are known as Republicans....

deep down the democrats have always been against freedom
That's bullsh!t too.

The Democrat Party under Andrew Jackson and Martin Van Buren simply evolved as the workingman's party -- a labor party.

It became the opponent of the Whigs which were an aristocratic business party which was absorbed by the Republicans.

The republican party was formed, in part, to maintain the Clay Compromise. Not to 'fight slavery'. Lincoln openly expressed his support for an amendment that would guarantee slavery in perpetuity.

You may want to read this link.so you can be right...and recall that the Democratic Party was formed to promote slavery and kill off the Indian nations starting with the Democratic Parties first president Andrew Jackson.

Democratic-Republican Party - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
...Wasn't Crockett a Jacksonian< precursor to the Democratic Party, in the beginning of his political career, and then switched parties mid career? If you said he was a Democrat you would be correct. If you said he was a Republican, you would be correct.
Same as Bloomberg huh ?!

:D

Not "at the time".

Why does the current republican party hate Lincoln and celebrates the former Democrats who supported slavery in the south 150 years ago?

Who hates Lincoln.....and they don't celebrate the racist democrats...they support federalism......the separation of powers between the federal and state governments.

The democrats supported states rights in order to keep slaves....Republicans support states rights to keep power out of the hands of the central government.....

Democrats supported states rights when it protected slavery...republicans support it when it k eps democrats/leftists from grabbing too much power......

And please, be honest.

I didn't edit anything. I merely hit reply, just like I just did for this post. I don't give a shit what Crockett was. You seem to. He was a democrat and then he was not. Call the other party that he became a part of whatever you want. To others they are known as Republicans....

I care about historical accuracy. And Crockett wasn't a republican.

As for you editing the post, that was a typo on my part. I've already edited it out of my post.

...Wasn't Crockett a Jacksonian< precursor to the Democratic Party, in the beginning of his political career, and then switched parties mid career? If you said he was a Democrat you would be correct. If you said he was a Republican, you would be correct.
Same as Bloomberg huh ?!

:D

Bloomberg switched parties because no one was running as a republican in New York...he didn't want to fight to get the nomination.......he is a slime....

I saw this little bit of history in Hilary's America......Davy Crockett fought against the democrat Indian removal policy.....when he was a Republican in congress.......

David Crockett (1786-1836) -- Biography

He was reelected to a second term in 1829 and split with President Andrew Jackson and the Tennessee delegation on several issues, including land reform and the Indian removal bill. In his 1831 campaign for a third term, Crockett openly and vehemently attacked Jackson's policies and was defeated in a close election by William Fitzgerald.
Did he own a gun?
Yes. He named it 'Old Betsy', an 1822 double trigger 41caliber long rifle

6975232843_7b416b69e0_z.jpg.cf.jpg

Last edited:
... I don't give a shit what Crockett was. You seem to. He was a democrat and then he was not. Call the other party that he became a part of whatever you want. To others they are known as Republicans....
Crockett got is own azz killt by Santa Ana long before there was any such thing as a "Republican" in 1836.

Back then the only parties were Jacksonian Democrats and Whigs.

Gen. Zackary Taylor was a Whig.

Forum List

Back