Davy Crockett, American hero, who fought against democrat Indian removal policies..

...At what point have I said anything other than the OP was laughably wrong about Crocket being a republican?

And please, be honest.

But he wasn't wrong. Wasn't Crockett a Jacksonian< precursor to the Democrat Party, in the beginning of his political career, and then switched parties mid career? If you said he was a Democrat you would be correct. If you said he was a Republican, you would be correct.

Yes, the OP was wrong. So much so that he edited his opening post to remove any mention of Crocket being a republican.

And no, you wouldn't be correct in calling Crockett a republican when the republican party wasn't formed until until nearly 2 decades after Crockett's death.[/QUOTE]

I didn't edit anything. I merely hit reply, just like I just did for this post. I don't give a shit what Crockett was. You seem to. He was a democrat and then he was not. Call the other party that he became a part of whatever you want. To others they are known as Republicans....[/QUOTE]
Crockett got is own azz killt by Santa Ana long before there was any such thing as a "Republican" in 1836.

Back then the only parties were Jacksonian Democrats and Whigs.

Gen. Zackary Taylor was a Whig.[/QUOTE]

Yes but Whigs were pretty republicans.....and Jefferson called the democrats, republicans

Bloomberg switched parties because no one was running as a republican in New York...he didn't want to fight to get the nomination.......he is a slime....
On some points I agree with Bloomberg while on other points (his radical gun control) I do not agree.

Bloomberg switched parties because no one was running as a republican in New York...he didn't want to fight to get the nomination.......he is a slime....
On some points I agree with Bloomberg while on other points (his radical gun control) I do not agree.

On Bloomberg's take on Trump seemed rather insightful. I wouldn't want Trump running the government like he does one of his businesses either. First, he's reckless and frequently goes bankrupt. Two, Trump openly admits to running his businesses as a dictator.

That's definitely not how I want the government run.

On Bloomberg's take on Trump seemed rather insightful. I wouldn't want Trump running the government like he does one of his businesses either. First, he's reckless and frequently goes bankrupt. Two, Trump openly admits to running his businesses as a dictator.

Trump over the criminal any day of the week.....just ask the Haitians......or the women bill raped and assaulted......

He runs his business better than hillary did whitewater

... I don't give a shit what Crockett was. You seem to. He was a democrat and then he was not. Call the other party that he became a part of whatever you want. To others they are known as Republicans....
Crockett got is own azz killt by Santa Ana long before there was any such thing as a "Republican" in 1836.

Gen. Zackary Taylor was a Whig.

that and the national republicans which Crockett ran under opposing Andrew Jackson

Yes but Whigs were pretty republicans.....and Jefferson called the democrats, republicans
This party evolution thing confuses the sh!t out of everybody.

And then they naturally ass-u-me anachronisms as a result.

Everyone should have learned about anachronisms from 12th Grade English Lit regarding Shakespeare's anachronisms in his plays.

And 8th Grade, 12th Grade, and college US History should have covered the rest.

The USA started out party free, even though in Merry Old England they already had Whigs and Tories.

After Geo. Washington's presidency, who was then like what Ike was to us in recent times being A-POLITICAL, Jefferson evolved the Democratic Republicans in opposition to the Federalists of John Adams.

The Dem-Reps then fizzled out in the face of the Jacksonian Democrats which were a TRUE Democrat (labor) party. They have been with us to the present day. Fokk all that slavery sh!t. Slavery was simply a side show for a while. Originally the DEM's were neither pro or anti slavery.

The Whigs then evolved from the old Dem-Rep party, and were further absorbed in the New Republican party when it became anti-slavery.

... I don't give a shit what Crockett was. You seem to. He was a democrat and then he was not. Call the other party that he became a part of whatever you want. To others they are known as Republicans....

that and the national republicans which Crockett ran under opposing Andrew Jackson

Thanks Jon for finding that......

Yes...Crocket was a National Republican........

That is where that came from..........and he did oppose the democrat Indian removal policy....

Davy Crockett - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Crockett opposed Jackson's 1830 Indian Removal Act, and was the only member of the Tennessee delegation to vote against it.[12

That is where that came from..........and he did oppose the democrat Indian removal policy....

Crockett opposed Jackson's 1830 Indian Removal Act, and was the only member of the Tennessee delegation to vote against it.[12
THAT means "Democratic-Republican" ... an almost ancient party that morphed several times before finally evolving into the Tory party equivalent of the US -- pro king pro wealth anti labor.

he was originally a democrat however the party put the screws to him so hard for not following the party line

and for opposing the Indian Removal act that he switched to the the national Republican party to oppose Jackson and his oppressive policies

Ok I'm gonna repost my point.. at what point did I mention that?

I think the anti-democrat angle was the important part......Another thing you cant put on Republicans...well if you're being honest

Feel free to review my posts......and riddle me this: At what point have I said anything other than the OP was laughably wrong about Crocket being a republican?

And please, be honest.

But he wasn't wrong. Wasn't Crockett a Jacksonian< precursor to the Democrat Party, in the beginning of his political career, and then switched parties mid career? If you said he was a Democrat you would be correct. If you said he was a Republican, you would be correct.

Yes, the OP was wrong. So much so that he edited his opening post to remove any mention of Crocket being a republican.

And no, you wouldn't be correct in calling Crockett a republican when the republican party wasn't formed until until nearly 2 decades after Crockett's death.

I didn't edit anything. I merely hit reply, just like I just did for this post. I don't give a shit what Crockett was. You seem to. He was a democrat and then he was not. Call the other party that he became a part of whatever you want. To others they are known as Republicans....

I care about historical accuracy. And Crockett wasn't a republican.

As for you editing the post, that was a typo on my part. I've already edited it out of my post.

Thanks for clearing that up. And:

Yes he was. The Wig Party was the precursor to the Republican party.
And,

Ok I'm gonna repost my point.. at what point did I mention that?

I think the anti-democrat angle was the important part......Another thing you cant put on Republicans...well if you're being honest

Feel free to review my posts......and riddle me this: At what point have I said anything other than the OP was laughably wrong about Crocket being a republican?

And please, be honest.

And no, you wouldn't be correct in calling Crockett a republican when the republican party wasn't formed until until nearly 2 decades after Crockett's death.

I didn't edit anything. I merely hit reply, just like I just did for this post. I don't give a shit what Crockett was. You seem to. He was a democrat and then he was not. Call the other party that he became a part of whatever you want. To others they are known as Republicans....

I care about historical accuracy. And Crockett wasn't a republican.

As for you editing the post, that was a typo on my part. I've already edited it out of my post.

Thanks for clearing that up. And:

Yes he was. The Wig Party was the precursor to the Republican party.

Yet republicans demonize Lincoln and celebrate the confederacy. Go figure.
Well they do now because the Southern GOP is a last vestige of pre LBJ Democrats.

They jumped ship when LBJ promoted JFK's pro black pro poor pro old age social agenda.

The poor and the old did not bother them.

The blacks did.

No..the southern GOP is the non racist Republican Party......the racist democrats stayed racist.....and democrats......

The dumb democrats were mad at lbj because they didn't get the memo that they simply had to change tactics....lynching blacks wasn't going to stop them from voting...and blacks had the numbers to effect elections...so the smart racists changed tactics...they used welfare to buy black votes.....but the stayed democrats....

The south going solidly republican is just a coincidence then?

Laughing....who are you trying to convince with this horseshit?

Nope....the south changed as it grew up........the non racist southerners gave up on the democrat party......the racists stay d in the democrat party...and you can see that in the racist groups that make up the party today...and the racists at the top of the party...

You couldn't be more wrong. Or funny.

Davy Crockett fought to keep slavery legal in Texas, and died at the Alamo for the sake of that.
I have not read any bio's on Crockett.

Only know what John Wayne played in the movies.

When I was a little kid I asked my dad, "Why did they all get killed?"

He explained, "Because they were outnumbered."

Then I asked him, "Were you outnumbered against the Germans in WW2?"

He said, "No, because the Russians helped us."

Davy Crockett fought to keep slavery legal in Texas, and died at the Alamo for the sake of that.
I have not read any bio's on Crockett.

Only know what John Wayne played in the movies.

When I was a little kid I asked my dad, "Why did they all get killed?"

He explained, "Because they were outnumbered."

Then I asked him, "Were you outnumbered against the Germans in WW2?"

He said, "No, because the Russians helped us."

Slavery in Mexico ended in 1829. Texas wanted its 'freedom' from Mexico in order to keep slavery legal.

Forum List

Back