David Gregory skates on gun clip crime - We all knew it would end like this

Zero tolerance policies are completely asinine and take any and all thinking completely out of the process. There is a such thing as prosecutorial discretion.

Are you familiar with the concept of conspiracy, how many people do you think were involved in transporting that magazine into the district, into the studio and on the set. Then it had to be transported out of the district. This crime required premeditation and planning, it wasn't a simple thing of just displaying an illegal object, it was an overt criminal act. These are the very cases that should be prosecuted.

THEY ASKED THE POLICE AND WERE TOLD NO AND DID IT ANYWAY

For the sake of that is fuck.

That fact just adds to my point, it wasn't a case of someone just forgetting they had a magazine in their car, it was a deliberate criminal act, planned and executed, they just think they are above the law. And evidently they are.

Last edited:
So,

how does this compare with GW Bush's commuting of Scooter Libby's sentence?

I don't recall much dispute from the 'nuts on that one...

Oh there was a lot of bitchin from the nuts on the left.

Bush didn't get in the way of the prosectution nor the conviction. Libby was still found guilty and paid a 250000 dollar fine. Hardly a comparision to not prosecuting an obvious crime except maybe to the nutters on the left.

Libby dodged 2 1/2 years in prison. You really are annoyingly stupid. If that's your goal,

well done.

So,

That's entirely within the Constitutional powers granted to the president.

Prosecutors don't have discretion to decide which laws they are going to enforce.

Prosecutorial discretion doesn't exist?

There was no reason for Gregory to be prosecuted. Prosecuting him would defy common sense, something seriously lacking in the enforcement of laws.

Did he violate the law?

When you go 56 MPH in a 55 MPH zone you are violating the law. Should we all get stopped and ticketed every single time?

What would happen to you and me if we did the same?

I can't envision a scenario in which I will ever appear on national television in Washington D.C. and hold up a large magazine clip to my audience in demonstration of what one looks like with absolutely zero malicious intent whatsoever which would be more than obvious to anyone with more than a first grade education, so I can't answer your question.

If he violated the law, he can be prosecuted. Note "can". Not must.

As to the second question, here is what happens when average non-white people violate D.C.'s gun laws.

Marine Amputee Acquitted On Gun Possession Charges

Double standard? yes, I think so.

So,

Prosecutors don't have discretion to decide which laws they are going to enforce.

Well you and a whole bunch of folks had quite a different opinion about discretion in this incident from awhile back:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...d-to-help-disabled-parents-2.html#post5710700

Your ability to flip flop is quite a spectacle.

So,

Scooter should have done some time but at least he was charged and convicted and now has a felony conviction around his neck. OTOH - gregory committed a gun crime and NOTHING was done to him.

HAHAHA. Every time a liberal skates on a brazen crime, you libs call it discretion!!!

I'm not a liberal, you ass hat troll; I'm someone who clearly has more intelligence and common sense than you.

Not a liberal??? You're so dumb you don't even know what you are. You're always on obozo's side. Why don't you two just get married and make it official?

So,

Well you and a whole bunch of folks had quite a different opinion about discretion in this incident from awhile back:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...d-to-help-disabled-parents-2.html#post5710700

Funny, the kid was green lighted by city hall, where Gregory was not, you don't see a difference, REALLY?

May as well just fine them one cent because $1000 is a drop in the bucket for NBC. Even if they fined Gregory himself they'd have likely reimbursed him for it.

Of course NBC would have paid the fine and that's why gregory deserved some prison time and a criminal conviction on his record.

So,

That had nothing to do with "discretion," moron. we wanted that stupid law repealed, along with every other stupid liberal law.

May as well just fine them one cent because $1000 is a drop in the bucket for NBC. Even if they fined Gregory himself they'd have likely reimbursed him for it.

Of course NBC would have paid the fine and that's why gregory deserved some prison time and a criminal conviction on his record.

Gregory deserves prison time just for being a dumbass.

Prison time for holding up a blamk clip on tv? I had no idea you were this much in favor of prosecutorial over reach.

Now cons are in favor of dictatorships.

You make your bed, you lie in it.

The Libs have brought this on themselves. Ask any of us conservatives here do we agree with DC's gun laws. The answer will be universally No. But since you have laws in place, why do you not want to prosecute people who violate them? Is it because the law is obviously stupid and makes criminals out of otherwise law abiding people? Ya think?

[

Prison time for holding up a blamk clip on tv? I had no idea you were this much in favor of prosecutorial over reach.

It's you libs who gave us all these gun laws. Now when one of your own violates these laws you say "forget it".

Get your butt outta your head.

Is Gregory another of obozo's "boy friends". At least that sex fiend clinton liked girls.

You make your bed, you lie in it.

The Libs have brought this on themselves. Ask any of us conservatives here do we agree with DC's gun laws. The answer will be universally No. But since you have laws in place, why do you not want to prosecute people who violate them? Is it because the law is obviously stupid and makes criminals out of otherwise law abiding people? Ya think?

Simply put
Gregory is an anti gun nutter, and the anti gun nutters would not think of enforcing the law when one of their own violates that law. Maybe someone who isn't an anti gun nutter will put this too a test and walk around DC with a 30 round magazine

White liberal on TV violates DC gun laws....no punishment.

Black on the street violates DC gun laws....welcome to the justice system as a criminal.

Of course, many blacks are too stupid to see this.....

The law, passed by Democratically elected officials, specifies prison time as a punishment. What part of that constitutes dictatorship?

Libturds morons don't seem to like democracy whenever one of your heroes is wriggling on the hook.

Forum List

Back