David Gregory skates on gun clip crime - We all knew it would end like this

Laws are not enforced equally it seems.
I thought the laws applied to everyone?...

Zero tolerance policies are completely asinine and take any and all thinking completely out of the process. There is a such thing as prosecutorial discretion.

Do you think that the 1000 dollar fine would have said a lot about how serious the Obama administration is on responsible gun control? Letting another liberal skate seems to me to be the way of the world. I just wonder what would happen if Rush did the same thing. A picture would have been sufficient in a 2D world to show people what they look like. But no Gregory wanted the real thing, i think to show how easy it is to obtain, which he did illegally.

I think this was Greagory's way of putting it in our face, it is them and then there is us.

Zero tolerance policies are completely asinine and take any and all thinking completely out of the process. There is a such thing as prosecutorial discretion.

HAHAHA. Every time a liberal skates on a brazen crime, you libs call it discretion!!!

That poster is farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr from a liberal.

Tho I disagree with him on many issues, I believe he's an exceptionally rational person with a good feel for what's right and wrong.

Gregory wanted street cred...
He wanted to get some tuff guy journalistic status by going rouge...
Andrea Mitchell was probably waiting for him in the dressing room after the show.
To thank him personally.

Gregory wanted street cred...
He wanted to get some tuff guy journalistic status by going rouge...
Andrea Mitchell was probably waiting for him in the dressing room after the show.
To thank him personally

Why was she there? Did you lose your job as his personal fluffer, or did you just need some time off for your jaw to recuperate?

HAHAHA. Every time a liberal skates on a brazen crime, you libs call it discretion!!!

Tho I disagree with him on many issues, I believe he's an exceptionally rational person with a good feel for what's right and wrong.

HAHAHA. Using your other aliases to support yourself again, i see. You libs are such obvious clowns.

HAHAHA. Using your other aliases to support yourself again, i see. You libs are such obvious clowns.

Negged for being a dumb ass. Back to the red star zone for you.

Oh, I get it now. You're some kind of over-the-top satirical poster.

There was no reason for Gregory to be prosecuted. Prosecuting him would defy common sense, something seriously lacking in the enforcement of laws.

Did he violate the law?

What would happen to you and me if we did the same?

Mens Rea; in your case you'd fail to pass go and be put in jail. A prosecutor knows s/he would never be able to prove to a trier of fact this essential element of a crime in the Gregory matter, which got all of yolu wingnuts hysterical.

A prosecutor knows s/he would never be able to prove to a trier of fact this essential element of a crime in the Gregory matter, which got all of yolu wingnuts hysterical.

There is a record of specific denial of the act from the law enforcement agency with jurisdiction, Perry Mason.

Mens Rea; in your case you'd fail to pass go and be put in jail. A prosecutor knows s/he would never be able to prove to a trier of fact this essential element of a crime in the Gregory matter, which got all of yolu wingnuts hysterical.

What a stupid thing to say. Of course Gregory had a guilty mind. NBC had contacted the authorities and were told they can't do this. But they went ahead and knowingly broke the law anyway. The case was open-and-shut.

What a stupid thing to say. Of course Gregory had a guilty mind. NBC had contacted the authorities and were told they can't do this. But they went ahead and knowingly broke the law anyway. The case was open-and-shut.

If true a proseutor might go forward with a criminal complaint - I doubt s/he would be able to convince a trier of fact (the judge or a jury) that Gregory had a guilty mind; and the prosecutor's office would be rightly, imo, accused of using their office for partisan politics.

Last edited:
If true a prosecutors might go forward with a criminal complaint - I doubt s/he would be able to convince a trier of fact (the judge or a jury) that Gregory had a guilty mind; and, his/her office would be rightly, imo, accused of using their office for partisan politics.

Yes as any any good on-line attorney knows possession of an illegal item goes to the state of guiltiness of your mind while you personally posses said illegal item.

Rule of Law is a joke under obama. If you're part of his voting bloc, you can break any law you want just like the millions of illegals he gave amnesty to.

Gregory Won't Face Charges over Gun Clip

Friday, 11 Jan 2013 05:56 PM

The District of Columbia has declined to prosecute NBC News anchor David Gregory for displaying an illegal high-capacity gun clip on a broadcast, a prosecutor said on Friday.

District Attorney General Irvin Nathan said his office would not seek to charge Gregory for showing the 30-round magazine on the Dec. 23 broadcast of "Meet the Press" in part because it was an element of the renewed debate about firearms.

His office "has determined to exercise its prosecutorial discretion to decline to bring criminal charges against Mr. Gregory, who has no criminal record, or any other NBC employee based on the events associated with the Dec. 23, 2012, broadcast," Nathan said in a letter to NBC's lawyers.

He called the decision "very close."

Gregory held up the magazine while hosting an interview with National Rifle Association Chief Executive Wayne LaPierre at NBC's studios in the District. Law in the U.S. capital bars possession of high-capacity magazines whether or not they are attached to a weapon or loaded.

You want a guy punished for breaking a law you believe is unconstitutional?

That's mildly insane.

Rule of Law is a joke under obama. If you're part of his voting bloc, you can break any law you want just like the millions of illegals he gave amnesty to.

Gregory Won't Face Charges over Gun Clip

Friday, 11 Jan 2013 05:56 PM

The District of Columbia has declined to prosecute NBC News anchor David Gregory for displaying an illegal high-capacity gun clip on a broadcast, a prosecutor said on Friday.

District Attorney General Irvin Nathan said his office would not seek to charge Gregory for showing the 30-round magazine on the Dec. 23 broadcast of "Meet the Press" in part because it was an element of the renewed debate about firearms.

His office "has determined to exercise its prosecutorial discretion to decline to bring criminal charges against Mr. Gregory, who has no criminal record, or any other NBC employee based on the events associated with the Dec. 23, 2012, broadcast," Nathan said in a letter to NBC's lawyers.

He called the decision "very close."

Gregory held up the magazine while hosting an interview with National Rifle Association Chief Executive Wayne LaPierre at NBC's studios in the District. Law in the U.S. capital bars possession of high-capacity magazines whether or not they are attached to a weapon or loaded.

Newsmax now? :lol:

It wasn't a crime.

If true a proseutor might go forward with a criminal complaint - I doubt s/he would be able to convince a trier of fact (the judge or a jury) that Gregory had a guilty mind; and the prosecutor's office would be rightly, imo, accused of using their office for partisan politics.

That might be true if we weren't talking about the Washington DC District Attorney.

What do you suppose are the odds that half the Democrat Congressmen and Senators didn't call the District Attorney and put heat on him not to prosecute Gregory?

I'd say the odds of that occurring are indistinguishable from zero.

That's mildly insane.

That's mildly insane.

Not at all. The best way to get bad laws repealed is to enforce them religiously. Letting the power brokers who implement them off the hook is the height of corruption.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back