David Gregory skates on gun clip crime - We all knew it would end like this

That's entirely within the Constitutional powers granted to the president.

Prosecutors don't have discretion to decide which laws they are going to enforce.

Well you and a whole bunch of folks had quite a different opinion about discretion in this incident from awhile back:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...d-to-help-disabled-parents-2.html#post5710700

Your ability to flip flop is quite a spectacle.

That had nothing to do with "discretion," moron. we wanted that stupid law repealed, along with every other stupid liberal law.

crime? some people need a basic civics class along with a beginner's guide to law and prosecution

There was no reason for Gregory to be prosecuted. Prosecuting him would defy common sense, something seriously lacking in the enforcement of laws.

Did he violate the law?

When you go 56 MPH in a 55 MPH zone you are violating the law. Should we all get stopped and ticketed every single time?

What would happen to you and me if we did the same?

I can't envision a scenario in which I will ever appear on national television in Washington D.C. and hold up a large magazine clip to my audience in demonstration of what one looks like with absolutely zero malicious intent whatsoever which would be more than obvious to anyone with more than a first grade education, so I can't answer your question.

This is true of the vast majority of gun owners, yet that fact gets ignored.

A teen at our local high school was expelled and lost scholarships because he forgot his hunting rifle in his vehicle. That makes no damn sense.

Last edited:
Well you and a whole bunch of folks had quite a different opinion about discretion in this incident from awhile back:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...d-to-help-disabled-parents-2.html#post5710700

That had nothing to do with "discretion," moron. we wanted that stupid law repealed, along with every other stupid liberal law.

crime? some people need a basic civics class along with a beginner's guide to law and prosecution

How would a civics lesson show that laws against unlicensed lemonade stands are good?

How would a civics lesson show that laws against unlicensed lemonade stands are good?

so you failed civics? or you are part of the problem -- a generation that went to school and was denied a decent American education...

so you failed civics? or you are part of the problem -- a generation that went to school and was denied a decent American education...

Notice that you didn't answer the question. I'll restate it for you:

Rule of Law is a joke under obama. If you're part of his voting bloc, you can break any law you want just like the millions of illegals he gave amnesty to.

You want a guy punished for breaking a law you believe is unconstitutional?

That's mildly insane.

That's mildly insane.

Not at all. The best way to get bad laws repealed is to enforce them religiously. Letting the power brokers who implement them off the hook is the height of corruption.

Only in an ideologue's dream world would any government have the manpower and resources to even attempt such a hair-brained notion.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

commented on the whole context of your argument...

Your anger and outrage (why is it always those two with people like you?) at the discretionary use of manpower, resources, and authority is immature and childish at times. You assume tyranny where none exists. Exercise of power/authority by itself is not tyranny. You're always alarmist, but you serve a purpose. We need to let people like you out of the attic every once in a while so we can stay centered.

The courts have long recognized prosecutorial discretion in many areas.

Shutting down the koolaid stand was well within the discretion of the authorities who laid out their reasoning. Your saying you want to overturn a law or laws because of that is silly. First, I think there was an issue about zoning...a zoning ordinance and not a law in the sense you imagine.

There are Constitutional powers granted the President (Scooter fiasco) and there are regulatory powers granted a local government entity.

Civics classes would have helped you with a set of critical thinking skills to discern distinctions with differences and reason from alarmist hysteria

So,

how does this compare with GW Bush's commuting of Scooter Libby's sentence?

I don't recall much dispute from the 'nuts on that one...

So,

how does this compare with GW Bush's commuting of Scooter Libby's sentence?

I don't recall much dispute from the 'nuts on that one...

Prosecutors don't have discretion to decide which laws they are going to enforce.

Im ok with an unconstitutional law not being enforced.

All unconstitutional laws should be broken.

try declaring as some do...income taxes being unconstitutional...and break the laws

individuals do not get to decide on their own,,,unless they are willing to man up like MLK and the Freedom Riders and willingly get arrested and jailed to contest laws...and not whine during the process as wingnuts, moonbats, ans anarchists today do.

Nation is a bunch of whiney little friggin' babies

try declaring as some do...income taxes being unconstitutional...and break the laws

individuals do not get to decide on their own,,,unless they are willing to man up like MLK and the Freedom Riders and willingly get arrested and jailed to contest laws...and not whine during the process as wingnuts, moonbats, ans anarchists today do.

Well bitch why in the hell are you whining and bitching about more gun control?
Shut the fuck up.

That's mildly insane.

Not at all. The best way to get bad laws repealed is to enforce them religiously. Letting the power brokers who implement them off the hook is the height of corruption.

Only in an ideologue's dream world would any government have the manpower and resources to even attempt such a hair-brained notion.

True enough, which just goes to show how stupid most laws are. They can't even all be enforced.

Well bitch why in the hell are you whining and bitching about more gun control?
Shut the fuck up.

Dante hasn't taken a stand on any gun control proposals yet.

poor man, your brain is about to explode

True enough, which just goes to show how stupid most laws are. They can't even all be enforced.

Not stupid. Old laws are on books about when and how you can graze cattle on Boston Commons. :lol:

Want to spend time cleaning up law books? wtf would have the time or resources and manpower for that?

Your anger and outrage (why is it always those two with people like you?) at the discretionary use of manpower, resources, and authority is immature and childish at times. You assume tyranny where none exists. Exercise of power/authority by itself is not tyranny.

Yes, exercising authority is pretty much always tyranny. That's the definition of tyranny.

You're always alarmist, but you serve a purpose. We need to let people like you out of the attic every once in a while so we can stay centered.

The lemonade stand has nothing to do with "prosecutorial discretion." It's a bad law, whether it's enforced or not. All licensing laws are bad, and ones against lemonade stands are the worst, whether they are enforced or not. They shouldn't be on the books.

Shutting down the koolaid stand was well within the discretion of the authorities who laid out their reasoning.

I couldn't give a flying fuck if it is within the discretion of the authorities. In fact, that just makes it even worse. I also don't care about their weasel excuses. All tyrants have excuses.

Your saying you want to overturn a law or laws because of that is silly. First, I think there was an issue about zoning...a zoning ordinance and not a law in the sense you imagine.

Zoning ordinances are laws, in any sense of the word. I want the law overturned because it's a bad law. End of story.

There are Constitutional powers granted the President (Scooter fiasco) and there are regulatory powers granted a local government entity.

So?

Civics classes would have helped you with a set of critical thinking skills to discern distinctions with differences and reason from alarmist hysteria

You haven't posted anything that indicates thought.

Not stupid. Old laws are on books about when and how you can graze cattle on Boston Commons. :lol:

Want to spend time cleaning up law books? wtf would have the time or resources and manpower for that?

They can't even enforce all the new laws on the books. Do you imagine Obamacare will be enforced to the letter?

Your anger and outrage (why is it always those two with people like you?) at the discretionary use of manpower, resources, and authority is immature and childish at times. You assume tyranny where none exists. Exercise of power/authority by itself is not tyranny.

Yes, exercising authority is pretty much always tyranny. That's the definition of tyranny.

You're always alarmist, but you serve a purpose. We need to let people like you out of the attic every once in a while so we can stay centered.

The lemonade stand has nothing to do with "prosecutorial discretion." It's a bad law, whether it's enforced or not. All licensing laws are bad, and ones against lemonade stands are the worst, whether they are enforced or not. They shouldn't be on the books.

I couldn't give a flying fuck if it is within the discretion of the authorities. In fact, that just makes it even worse. I also don't care about their weasel excuses. All tyrants have excuses.

Zoning ordinances are laws, in any sense of the word. I want the law overturned because it's a bad law. End of story.

So?

You haven't posted anything that indicates thought.

Tyranny - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

there is no law against lemonade stands

you keep saying you don't care. that makes you a bad citizen...poison in a republic.

Forum List

Back